+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal WP is getting delayed: Please Help

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Oh really? :( do you know if IRCC is not processing dependent applications on priority and are experiencing significant delays? Is this true?
Yes there was no instruction ever to re-apply SOWP while waiting for a decision. This is am 100% sure of

• Sad
Reactions: uaa

Harry070777

Mar 23, 2022
Can i apply for dependent visa for my wife and kids, while their SOWP and student permits are in process ? Or, should i first revoke their SOWP and study permits first and then apply for dependent visa.

Need your advise, Please help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can i apply for dependent visa for my wife and kids, while their SOWP and student permits are in process ? Or, should i first revoke their SOWP and study permits first and then apply for dependent visa.

Need your advise, Please help.
No such thing. Do you mean visitor visa? If so yes. They need to show ties to home country (job letter with leave, tuition paid for school, immediate family), funds, travel history and reason to travel.

Harry070777

Mar 23, 2022
I received PPR request for SPOW and study permit for my wife and one of the minor kid, respectively. But didn't receive for elder kid who is 7 years old.
What should be the action from side ?

I cannot leave my other son back here, until he also gets PPR request. What should I do ?
Please guide

Last edited:

Harry070777

Mar 23, 2022
What did you do with the old SOWP application? How did you justify a 2nd SOWP application while awaiting decision on the 1st one?
In the application form, lawyer mentioned that IRCC suggested to reapply.

What does "You do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes" mean? Does this mean medical is passed?
I think he is right. 2 applications are not required in case of SOWP. You should withdraw either of them. With the new application, your processing time of 41 weeks starts again.

Navyasree G

May 31, 2022
Hi

I have applied Dependent SOWP Open work permit+Kid(less than 4 years) on 7th Sep 2021.Medical updated in Jan 2022,Review started on 12th May 2022.
we just realised that TRV(Temporary Resident Visa) document is not attached to my IRCC Application.
I it mandatory document for SOWP Open work permit ..??

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Navya

Harry070777

Mar 23, 2022
@ Naturgrl/ BA101:

I received PPR request for SPOW and study permit for my wife and one of the minor kid, respectively. But didn't receive for elder kid who is 7 years old.

I cannot leave my other son back here, until he also gets PPR request. What should I do ?
Please guide.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@ Naturgrl/ BA101:

Please guide.
All you can do is wait. Raise a webform in the meantime. If

Reactions: BA101

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi

I have applied Dependent SOWP Open work permit+Kid(less than 4 years) on 7th Sep 2021.Medical updated in Jan 2022,Review started on 12th May 2022.
we just realised that TRV(Temporary Resident Visa) document is not attached to my IRCC Application.
I it mandatory document for SOWP Open work permit ..??

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Navya
we just realised that TRV(Temporary Resident Visa) document is not attached to my IRCC Application. What are you referring to here? I cannot understand

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
@ Naturgrl/ BA101:

Please guide.
There is not much you can do other than wait and raise a webform for where your application is

What visa did you apply for the 7 year old ?

Seresht

Jun 17, 2022
I applied for my wife's open work permit (Iran) on Nov 4th, 2021. Not only the processing time has passed, I haven't received any response from the webform nor the two direct emails I sent to Ankara (last webform was sent on April 28th, 2022 and the last email was sent on June 4th, 2022; awaiting replies).

Extra details:
- I have a closed-work permit working in Canada since June 2021
- Wife did her biometrics on Nov 11th, 2021
- Currently on 32nd week (31st considering biometrics)
- As of today, the processing time for work permit applications from Iran is 19 weeks.

Does anyone know what I could do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for my wife's open work permit (Iran) on Nov 4th, 2021. Not only the processing time has passed, I haven't received any response from the webform nor the two direct emails I sent to Ankara (last webform was sent on April 28th, 2022 and the last email was sent on June 4th, 2022; awaiting replies).

Extra details:
- I have a closed-work permit working in Canada since June 2021
- Wife did her biometrics on Nov 11th, 2021
- Currently on 32nd week (31st considering biometrics)
- As of today, the processing time for work permit applications from Iran is 19 weeks.

Does anyone know what I could do?
Unfortunately all you can do is wait.