+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal WP is getting delayed: Please Help

Harry070777

Mar 23, 2022
Hello Folks,

I am currently in Toronto on WP, and have applied for my spouse and kids open WP and study permit, respectively, in July2021. Biometric done on 3rd Sep 2021 and Medical uploaded on my file on Feb 7. I am still waiting on the decision and not getting traction on the application. The only info i got from IRCC is that my application is currently in New Delhi Canada High Commission.

As it has already been more than 9 months, what do you suggest on what actions should i take next ?
Need expert advice on this, as it is extremely difficult to stay alone.

Regards,
Harry

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Folks,

I am currently in Toronto on WP, and have applied for my spouse and kids open WP and study permit, respectively, in July2021. Biometric done on 3rd Sep 2021 and Medical uploaded on my file on Feb 7. I am still waiting on the decision and not getting traction on the application. The only info i got from IRCC is that my application is currently in New Delhi Canada High Commission.

As it has already been more than 9 months, what do you suggest on what actions should i take next ?
Need expert advice on this, as it is extremely difficult to stay alone.

Regards,
Harry
You can raise a webform but SOWP processing averages 54 weeks so your spouse is within the timelines.

Harry070777

Mar 23, 2022
IRCC updated processing time is showing as 41 weeks for this category, and i have now passed this time frame. What are my options now, can anyone suggest ???

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
IRCC updated processing time is showing as 41 weeks for this category, and i have now passed this time frame. What are my options now, can anyone suggest ???
My timelines are the same and there is nothing we can do but wait. Best of luck

Spouses without kids are processing a lot more now - Nov / Dec 2021 files are getting PPR

Spouses + Kids are now at May / June 2021. July is well close enough

With the same hope we have to live this time. Harsh reality

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Also processing times are always an average and not an accurate reflection. So I would not be too kicked with reduced processing times.

Reactions: Naturgrl

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Also processing times are always an average and not an accurate reflection. So I would not be too kicked with reduced processing times.
My timelines are the same and there is nothing we can do but wait. Best of luck

Spouses without kids are processing a lot more now - Nov / Dec 2021 files are getting PPR

Spouses + Kids are now at May / June 2021. July is well close enough

With the same hope we have to live this time. Harsh reality
I applied my wife's SOWP case in May 2021 (then reapplied in Feb 2022 as per lawyer's suggestion) and she had her medical exam in May 2021 as well. I call IRCC and IVR now says "You do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes"; but this was not on the call recording earlier.

Does the change in IVR recording mean the medical is renewed as it has been more than 12 months since the medicals were done ? If it is renewed, does this imply there is progress on the application?

Any response would be helpful. Thank you!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I applied my wife's SOWP case in May 2021 (then reapplied in Feb 2022 as per lawyer's suggestion) - What did you do with the old SOWP application? How did you justify a 2nd SOWP application while awaiting decision on the 1st one?

If the medical has expired, then you can do one of the 2
1. Wait for IRCC to send a new medical request and complete the medical exam using it

2. Do another upfront medical and upload it via webform

Does the change in IVR recording mean the medical is renewed as it has been more than 12 months since the medicals were done ? If it is renewed, does this imply there is progress on the application? When Medical passes, it would say, You have passed medical examination

Best of Luck

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
I applied my wife's SOWP case in May 2021 (then reapplied in Feb 2022 as per lawyer's suggestion) - What did you do with the old SOWP application? How did you justify a 2nd SOWP application while awaiting decision on the 1st one?

If the medical has expired, then you can do one of the 2
1. Wait for IRCC to send a new medical request and complete the medical exam using it

2. Do another upfront medical and upload it via webform

Does the change in IVR recording mean the medical is renewed as it has been more than 12 months since the medicals were done ? If it is renewed, does this imply there is progress on the application? When Medical passes, it would say, You have passed medical examination

Best of Luck
What did you do with the old SOWP application? How did you justify a 2nd SOWP application while awaiting decision on the 1st one?
In the application form, lawyer mentioned that IRCC suggested to reapply.

What does "You do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes" mean? Does this mean medical is passed?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
What did you do with the old SOWP application? How did you justify a 2nd SOWP application while awaiting decision on the 1st one?
In the application form, lawyer mentioned that IRCC suggested to reapply. - IRCC never asks you to reapply. Not sure what this means.

What does "You do not need a medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes" mean? Does this mean medical is passed? No

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
It was due to new portal in September and all applications prior to September were asked to reapply. I spoke to MP office representatives and they also mentioned it needed to be reapplied.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
It was due to new portal in September and all applications prior to September were asked to reapply. I spoke to MP office representatives and they also mentioned it needed to be reapplied.
I am aware of this and it was for visitor visas applied before Sep 7, 2021. However not applicable for Spouse Open Work permits

• Sad
Reactions: uaa

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
I am aware of this and it was for visitor visas applied before Sep 7, 2021. However not applicable for Spouse Open Work permits
Oh really? :( do you know if IRCC is not processing dependent applications on priority and are experiencing significant delays? Is this true?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Oh really? :( do you know if IRCC is not processing dependent applications on priority and are experiencing significant delays? Is this true?
Depends on which country you applied from. Currently spouses without kids are getting faster decisions compared to spouses with Kids for those who applied from India