+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal work permti

RM79

Jun 22, 2022
Hi All,

I have a post-graduate work permit, have been working for 1 year, and got my Ph.D. in Canada. I am submitting a PR application for myself and my husband and I am the main applicant. My husband is a graduate student in Canada, and he wants to withdraw from his school and get a work permit through me. I have two main questions:

1- What would be the length of my husband's work permit? expiry date of my work permit or epiry date of my passport?
2- Does my husband need to wait for his workpermit issued or whenever he applies he can get the work permit.

More information, we got married here and I went to Canada on a study permit before him.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I have a post-graduate work permit, have been working for 1 year, and got my Ph.D. in Canada. I am submitting a PR application for myself and my husband and I am the main applicant. My husband is a graduate student in Canada, and he wants to withdraw from his school and get a work permit through me. I have two main questions:

1- What would be the length of my husband's work permit? expiry date of my work permit or epiry date of my passport?
2- Does my husband need to wait for his workpermit issued or whenever he applies he can get the work permit.

More information, we got married here and I went to Canada on a study permit before him.

Thanks
1. The length of your work permit or the expiry date on HIS passport. Whichever is sooner.
2. This question doesn't make sense. Can you rephrase it?

RM79

Jun 22, 2022
Thanks for your answer.

2- Does my husband need to wait for his work permit to be issued to be able to start his full-time job or when he submits an application for a work permit immediatelty he can start a full-time job?

Another question that I have is:

Is that ok for my husband to be enrolled in the school when he submits an application for the spousal work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your answer.

2- Does my husband need to wait for his work permit to be issued to be able to start his full-time job or when he submits an application for a work permit immediatelty he can start a full-time job?

Another question that I have is:

Is that ok for my husband to be enrolled in the school when he submits an application for the spousal work permit?
Yes, of course he has to wait for the work permit to be issued before he can start his full-time job. No, submitting the application does not allow him to start working full-time.

Yes, it's fine for him to be enrolled in school while he submits the application for the spousal work permit. He should remain in school full time until the SOWP is approved.