+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal work permit

yilisai

Mar 14, 2012
Hello All,

Immediate help needed!
I was holding a post graduate work permit in Canada expired on Jan 05,2015. By then my immigration application was not approved by
cio federal office yet, I was under provincial nominee program in Alberta, but I got my provincial file number on Jan 03.
However since it's a must to cio approval in order to renew my work permit to a open-bridge work permit, so I have no choice to apply
another open work permit as foreign worker but got rejected. I am currently holding a visitor record in Canada while waiting for my permanent residence application. The thing is I can't work. I had a full time level b job before the post grad work permit expired. Fortunately I got federal file number and got married in the late April of this year.

My wife has a post-graduate work permit expire on Oct 2016, level B full time job. So I am thinking to get a spousal open work permit.
But when I doing online application it requests a itinerary schedule or airline ticket, the funny thing is I am in Canada now, and I am definitely have no mood travel around the country, I am here in Canada with my wife! So how can I got this pass? I noticed that online app
has really limited space for uploading efficient amount of supporting documents, noticed that global vfs has been discussed by some lucky fellows, would that work for me as I am apply in Canada.

Another concern is that I do not plan to go back to my original country, I also noticed that canadian government has no issue on this "DUAL INTENT" happen, working while waiting for the processing of permanent residence. Is that true? I have to be very confident in this, cause I know normally they want spouse who came to canada as a worker to leave after a certain amount of time, definitely they have to see you do not want to stay in Canada forever. So please help me on this, it can go south if I didn't got this issue addressed in a proper way or solved correctly.

For banking statement, the only banking deposit I have is in a canadian bank. :> so really, I don't have strong tie to where I come from.
I was a international student in Canada before I went into work force market.

Please help me experts. I only got 59days left, visitor record expire on July 04 2015. really want to apply open work permit so that i CAN WORK and provide for my family. thanks !

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
yilisai said:
But when I doing online application it requests a itinerary schedule or airline ticket, the funny thing is I am in Canada now, and I am definitely have no mood travel around the country, I am here in Canada with my wife! So how can I got this pass?
You are not filling the online tool correctly. Double check your answers.

yilisai said:
I noticed that online app
has really limited space for uploading efficient amount of supporting documents,
Yes, you should only submit what is requested and nothing more.

yilisai said:
Another concern is that I do not plan to go back to my original country, I also noticed that canadian government has no issue on this "DUAL INTENT" happen, working while waiting for the processing of permanent residence. Is that true? I have to be very confident in this, cause I know normally they want spouse who came to canada as a worker to leave after a certain amount of time, definitely they have to see you do not want to stay in Canada forever. So please help me on this, it can go south if I didn't got this issue addressed in a proper way or solved correctly.
You can work if you have a work permit or a PR.

There is no dual intent.

yilisai said:
For banking statement, the only banking deposit I have is in a canadian bank. :> so really, I don't have strong tie to where I come from.
You don't need this.

yilisai

Mar 14, 2012
not filling online tool correctly? I am wondering what should i fill haven't done any filling yet.
the thing is I can't work that's why I am applying for a open work permit. Not a pr yet

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
yilisai said:
not filling online tool correctly? I am wondering what should i fill haven't done any filling yet.
=>

yilisai said:
But when I doing online application it requests a itinerary schedule or airline ticket, the funny thing is I am in Canada now, and I am definitely have no mood travel around the country, I am here in Canada with my wife! So how can I got this pass? I noticed that online app

yilisai

Mar 14, 2012
the thing is i am in Canada. What itinerary schedule I need! I am living as residence now.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
yilisai said:
the thing is i am in Canada. What itinerary schedule I need! I am living as residence now.
You are not filling the online tool correctly. Double check your answers.

(If you fill the online tool correctly you should not get this requirement)

yilisai

Mar 14, 2012
neither me or my wife is citizen or permanent residence, she holds post-graduate work permit, expire Oct 15,2016, can I apply
work permit based on her expiration date?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
yilisai said:
neither me or my wife is citizen or permanent residence, she holds post-graduate work permit, expire Oct 15,2016, can I apply
work permit based on her expiration date?

The following should answer your question.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

yilisai

Mar 14, 2012
thanks for answering my questions, it's very helpful.
my explanation letter has size of 5.8mb, is it too big or it;s fine