tann

May 20, 2015
concorde said:
SOWP Timelines:

Filed online: 26th March 2015
Transferred to Chandigarh VO: 28th May 2015
Passport Request: 18th July 2015

Would be submitting passport on Monday, 20th July 2015
hi concorde do u hv any idea about marriage questionnaire. Consulate general of canada asked me to submit marriage questionnaire.

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
tann said:
hi concorde do u hv any idea about marriage questionnaire. Consulate general of canada asked me to submit marriage questionnaire.
Hi Tann

CIC asks for a filled questionnaire when the marriage is relatively new or the officer red flags applicants' marriage. It's a standard procedure.

I believe you would have seen the questionnaire (http://goo.gl/OcfXzy). All the questions are self explanatory, however, make sure that you and your spouse stand by the same versions (should they conduct a telephonic verification).

I would suggest to consult a lawyer/immigration agent in this field to make sure your documents and answers paint a coherent storyline of your relationship to avoid hassles.

Adithi

Jun 19, 2015
Hi ,
Guys I need advice ..my sowp is in process ..and my husband needs to come to India in August to attend family function ..will his coming to India impact my sowp application ..

Please advise ...

Adithi

Jun 19, 2015
concorde said:
SOWP Timelines:

Filed online: 26th March 2015
Transferred to Chandigarh VO: 28th May 2015
Passport Request: 18th July 2015

Would be submitting passport on Monday, 20th July 2015
Congrats ...

tann

May 20, 2015
concorde said:
Hi Tann

CIC asks for a filled questionnaire when the marriage is relatively new or the officer red flags applicants' marriage. It's a standard procedure.

I believe you would have seen the questionnaire (http://goo.gl/OcfXzy). All the questions are self explanatory, however, make sure that you and your spouse stand by the same versions (should they conduct a telephonic verification).

I would suggest to consult a lawyer/immigration agent in this field to make sure your documents and answers paint a coherent storyline of your relationship to avoid hassles.
Thanks concorde. Our marriage is relatively new may be thats the reason they have asked for marriage questionnaire. There are two forms:One is sponsor questionnaire and other is spouse questionnaire. Should we need to submit both forms.

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
tann said:
Thanks concorde. Our marriage is relatively new may be thats the reason they have asked for marriage questionnaire. There are two forms:One is sponsor questionnaire and other is spouse questionnaire. Should we need to submit both forms.
There are two questionnaires: One for the spouse living in Canada, one for the sponsored spouse (living outside Canada).

Did they specify which questionnaire they are referring to? If nothing specific, I would advise to fill up both to be on the safe side and avoid unnecessary delays. That's my prerogative however, I would be requesting 2 cents from senior members on this.

tann

May 20, 2015
concorde said:
There are two questionnaires: One for the spouse living in Canada, one for the sponsored spouse (living outside Canada).

Did they specify which questionnaire they are referring to? If nothing specific, I would advise to fill up both to be on the safe side and avoid unnecessary delays. That's my prerogative however, I would be requesting 2 cents from senior members on this.
hi concorde. We hv submitted both forms. Now just waiting for their decision.

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Hi,

Before starting my query I just want to give a brief background of my status in Canada. Currently I am on my PG work permit which is expiring on November 4, 2015 but my PG work permit is extendable as it was issued according to my passport expiration. I also get my provisional nominee from Saskatchewan (SINP) on May 27, 2015 and I submit our (Me and my wife) application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015 and still waiting for File number and Medical.

On February 27, 2015 my wife have submit her application for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT on my post-graduate work permit. When my wife was submitting her application she went through an eligibility assessment by CIC in which it was mention that she can apply. According to Policy I should have NOC "A", "B" or "0" category job, which I have (NOC "B"), then they required work permit to be minimum of 6 month when you are applying, as at that time which was approximately 8 month work permit and remaining 4 month will be issued on my renewed passport.

After approximately 5 long months on July 22, 2015 she got a refusal from CIC with a reason that my work permit is expiring on November 4, 2015 and according to SOWP policy my work permit should be more than 6 months but at the time of application submission my work permit is more than 6 months and on other hand my work permit clearly state that it can be further extended.

I also submit my SINP nominee letter to them through case base inquiry but still it doesn't make any impact to her application.

Now I need some sort of guidance and advise for further process.

tann

May 20, 2015
My sowp application rejected saying they are not satisfied that you will come back by the end of period of work permit expiration and purpose of visit.

Preet_S

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Tann,

Sorry about the sad new even i have three rejections.

Did you get any medical request with the forms u submiited?

tann

May 20, 2015
Preet_S said:
Hi Tann,

Sorry about the sad new even i have three rejections.

Did you get any medical request with the forms u submiited?
hi preet. I did the upfront medical and submit with application. They didnt ask for medical later.

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
tann said:
hi preet. I did the upfront medical and submit with application. They didnt ask for medical later.

Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on January 20,2015 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in Pakistan)
Spouse has 3 previous visa rejections 2 visitor and 1 Wp with wrong reason asking for LMO of spouse. No representative was used

Medical Request- on July 22 2015
Medical Appointment- 19 August 2015

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter tab (both mine and husbands)

i hope this helps someone out there.