+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Work Permit help

Happyx7

Sep 5, 2022
Hello there, I hope somebody can help me.
I have visitor record which expired on 2022/08/01 and applied extension as a visitor. I have to apply for the spousal work permit, when I started my application the questionnaire asked me the expiry date of my current status and it is expired, what should i write there? Do i need to restore my status before applying the spousal work permit?

currently on implied status(applied for visitor)

Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello there, I hope somebody can help me.
I have visitor record which expired on 2022/08/01 and applied extension as a visitor. I have to apply for the spousal work permit, when I started my application the questionnaire asked me the expiry date of my current status and it is expired, what should i write there? Do i need to restore my status before applying the spousal work permit?

currently on implied status(applied for visitor)

Thank you
Did you apply to extend before expiry? before August 01st

Reactions: Happyx7

Happyx7

Sep 5, 2022
Did you apply to extend before expiry? before August 01st
On August 01, 2022. I extended my status as a visitor 3 times and applied on the date its going to expire and got approved every time. Now, I have applied 4th time to maintain my status so I can apply spousal work permit

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
On August 01, 2022. I extended my status as a visitor 3 times and applied on the date its going to expire and got approved every time. Now, I have applied 4th time to maintain my status so I can apply spousal work permit
I think your spouse was supposed to change status to visitors provided sowp is expired and until when you are approved the your spouse can apply to extend.

Happyx7

Sep 5, 2022
My spouse open work permit will expire in 2024 and have a NOC B job, so my question was that when I was going to apply my spousal work permit, there was a questionnaire before submitting my application that when is your current status expires, I wrote 01/08/2022 and it says it's expired so you need to do restoration but I can apply my spousal work permit on implied status so how to override this without restoration. Should I write today's date on the questionnaire and proceed with my application. Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My spouse open work permit will expire in 2024 and have a NOC B job, so my question was that when I was going to apply my spousal work permit, there was a questionnaire before submitting my application that when is your current status expires, I wrote 01/08/2022 and it says it's expired so you need to do restoration but I can apply my spousal work permit on implied status so how to override this without restoration. Should I write today's date on the questionnaire and proceed with my application. Thank you
Im sorry i misunderstood the question. if you put today's date you should include a note to say that you change the date to proceed with application and that correct date is Aug 01 but you are under maintained status

Happyx7

Sep 5, 2022
Thank you Sir, I don't know why it doesn't came to my mind that I can mention it. Thank you

Happyx7

Sep 5, 2022
Im sorry i misunderstood the question. if you put today's date you should include a note to say that you change the date to proceed with application and that correct date is Aug 01 but you are under maintained status
I have a one more quick question, can I start working after applying Spousal work permit? Will I receive the confirmation from IRCC that I can work full time. Same like when we apply for PGWP or i need to wait for the decision. Thank you

Sep 3, 2022
j'ai un souci et j'aimerais avoir DZ l'aide s'il vous plaît fait une demande de visa touristes afin de prendre part a un furum. Mai a ce jour, la date du furum est dépassée et j'ai toujours pas encore obtenu mon visa. J'aimerais savoir malgré le faite que la date du furum soit dépassée est-il possible que je puice obtenir mon visa ? Pour rapel, la biométrie a déjà été faite

Sep 3, 2022
I have a problem and I would like some help please I have applied for a tourist visa in order to take part in a furum. May to date, the date of the furum has passed and I still have not yet obtained my visa. I would like to know despite the fact that the date of furum has passed, is it possible for me to obtain my visa? As a reminder, biometrics has already been done

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a one more quick question, can I start working after applying Spousal work permit? Will I receive the confirmation from IRCC that I can work full time. Same like when we apply for PGWP or i need to wait for the decision. Thank you
No, you cannot start working after you apply for a spousal open work permit. You must wait until the SOWP is approved and issued before you can start working.