+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Work Permit Extension

samravi

Jul 1, 2022
Hi
My wife was a student in Canada. I received a Spousal work permit for a period of 3 months on her behalf until her completion of the degree which is likely to end in Aug, 2022.
Now, My wife has applied for PGWP work permit which is under process. Furthermore, I want to extend my work permit, but I am being asked that you will get a work permit extension only if my wife is offered NOC B level job.
Does this condition of NOC B level job is essential in my case for work permit extension?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
My wife was a student in Canada. I received a Spousal work permit for a period of 3 months on her behalf until her completion of the degree which is likely to end in Aug, 2022.
Now, My wife has applied for PGWP work permit which is under process. Furthermore, I want to extend my work permit, but I am being asked that you will get a work permit extension only if my wife is offered NOC B level job.
Does this condition of NOC B level job is essential in my case for work permit extension?
To qualify for an SOWP your wife needs as job in NOC 0, A or B and needs 3 pay stubs. Without these things yiu don’t qualify for an SOWP

samravi

Jul 1, 2022
But she does not have noc b job offer neither do i have LMIA. How can i extend my stay? Is there any other way?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

But she does not have noc b job offer neither do i have LMIA. How can i extend my stay? Is there any other way?
1. Without a LMIA or your spouse having an O A or B Noc, you can only apply to remain as a visitor without working.

samravi

Jul 1, 2022
So what is the requirement of visitar visa and Can i get it easily. My open work will expire of 31 August and when we can apply for that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So what is the requirement of visitar visa and Can i get it easily. My open work will expire of 31 August and when we can apply for that
You can apply to change to a visitor right before your WP expires so you can work up to this point. Your spouse needs to be looking for a job in NOC 0, A or B as soon as possible.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I want to know that how many months can i get a visitar visa
You apply to extend your stay as a visitor. It's UP TO IRCC to decide if that's approved or not. While waiting for the applicantion to be processed, you can stay as a visitor under implied status.

BTW this section of the forum is for FAMILY class sponsorship. Your case is not family sponsorship (i.e. PR or citizen applying to sponsor their families to become PR). You will see more revelant discussions under foreign worker section.

Last edited:

samravi

Jul 1, 2022
So ,how can I apply for a visitar means which documents we need for and what are the requirements