+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal work experience

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hello All,

I don't have my spouse's detailed experience letters not I intend to claim any points for spousal work experience(Any ways there are no points for spouse's experience)
However I am planning to add entries in the spouse work sections and upload spouse's employment offer and relieving letters to prove the work experience.
I am also planning to write an LOE saying even though we do not have detailed experience letters, we are still providing the offer/relieving letters and claiming no points. this is just for information.
Is this good idea? can we upload spouse's employer's offer/relieving letters in that section?

Experts please share your thoughts and advise.

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to over complicate things. Her foreign work experience adds no value to your application so remove it from the work history section and add it to the personal history section. You won't be required to provide any documents regarding her work experience.

If you're doing this change Post-ITA then write a LOE regarding the fact that you made this change and that it does not affect your CRS in any way.

Cheers ;)

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
DelPiero07 said:
No need to over complicate things. Her foreign work experience adds no value to your application so remove it from the work history section and add it to the personal history section. You won't be required to provide any documents regarding her work experience.

If you're doing this change Post-ITA then write a LOE regarding the fact that you made this change and that it does not affect your CRS in any way.

Cheers ;)
Thank you. is it required to write an LOE for the spouse's work experience if we are making changes post ita even though there are no points for the same? I mean does this might be a reason for rejection?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
americandesimd said:
Thank you. is it required to write an LOE for the spouse's work experience if we are making changes post ita even though there are no points for the same? I mean does this might be a reason for rejection?
It is not a reason for rejection, it is just a recommended step to take to explain the change.

Cheers ;)