+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal visitor visa issue

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
Why Canada is rejecting spouse visitor visa while it is known that PR application will take more than year in most cases?
1. immigrantion officer will reject visitor visa of spouse stating I am not satisfied that applicant will return back due family ties in canada.
2. Immigration officer will take more than a year to give their decision on spousal sponsorship PR.

now by above two scenarios, Canadian Government is forcing newly weds couples to stay separate, will Canadian immigration Ministers will like if their sons or daughter are forced to stay separate? Where is family values in your laws?

Coming to next, as a applicant why we are not getting unite to form a group and raise the concern to immigration minister so that they can take a look into issue and find a solution like giving temporary visitor valid until decision made.

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Why Canada is rejecting spouse visitor visa while it is known that PR application will take more than year in most cases?
1. immigrantion officer will reject visitor visa of spouse stating I am not satisfied that applicant will return back due family ties in canada.
2. Immigration officer will take more than a year to give their decision on spousal sponsorship PR.

now by above two scenarios, Canadian Government is forcing newly weds couples to stay separate, will Canadian immigration Ministers will like if their sons or daughter are forced to stay separate? Where is family values in your laws?

Coming to next, as a applicant why we are not getting unite to form a group and raise the concern to immigration minister so that they can take a look into issue and find a solution like giving temporary visitor valid until decision made.
i agree, its a frustrating :(

wildlaurel

Oct 21, 2021
It could be because of people misusing the visit visa. People use all sorts of excuses to extend their stay, and I believe its very difficult/expensive for CIC/GC to deal with legalities to deport the person. So perhaps its a more safe then sorry approach by CIC.

Reactions: Bornlucky

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
It could be because of people misusing the visit visa. People use all sorts of excuses to extend their stay, and I believe its very difficult/expensive for CIC/GC to deal with legalities to deport the person. So perhaps its a more safe then sorry approach by CIC.
Why they can’t give temp visa with spousal sponsorship PR until PR decision made for Outland application same like inland application open work permit they are giving. If someone is not returning back if decisions is not positive on PR in that case revoke the PR status of his/her husband/wife.
Then people will not missuse it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why they can’t give temp visa with spousal sponsorship PR until PR decision made for Outland application same like inland application open work permit they are giving. If someone is not returning back if decisions is not positive on PR in that case revoke the PR status of his/her husband/wife.
Then people will not missuse it
People do misuse visas. There would be a lot of immigration fraud if you allowed all spouses living abroad to come to Canada straight after marriage. People would get married, get a TRV and then separate when they arrived in Canada. Many are also applying after arranged marriages so there is minimal proof they are in a longterm relationship. Seeing relationship proof throughout the sponsorship process and even asking for an interview is supposed to weed out potential immigration fraud.

Lots of single people in Canada. If someone marries someone abroad they have to go into knowing that they could be separated for a year.

Reactions: DollyM

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
People do misuse visas. There would be a lot of immigration fraud if you allowed all spouses living abroad to come to Canada straight after marriage. People would get married, get a TRV and then separate when they arrived in Canada. Many are also applying after arranged marriages so there is minimal proof they are in a longterm relationship. Seeing relationship proof throughout the sponsorship process and even asking for an interview is supposed to weed out potential immigration fraud.

Lots of single people in Canada. If someone marries someone abroad they have to go into knowing that they could be separated for a year.
Why this bullshit rule, if some sponsorship is doing fraud why not revoke his PR status & put into the Jail for 5 years. Instead of punishing fraud people you are punishing genuine people. Your logic is totally illogical here. According to your logic if someone will kill people with knife then you will punish killer or the shopkeepers who is doing business of knives or the manufacturer??

Reactions: Ok2018 and sumaiama

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Why this bullshit rule, if some sponsorship is doing fraud why not revoke his PR status & put into the Jail for 5 years. Instead of punishing fraud people you are punishing genuine people. Your logic is totally illogical here. According to your logic if someone will kill people with knife then you will punish killer or the shopkeepers who is doing business of knives or the manufacturer??
I don't think there is any reason to argue here.

There is currently NO special visitor visa or work visa for spouses of PR or citizen. There is only a OWP available for inland sponsorship BUT it's taking so long that it doesn't come/get approved almost at the end of the process.

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
I don't think there is any reason to argue here.

There is currently NO special visitor visa or work visa for spouses of PR or citizen. There is only a OWP available for inland sponsorship BUT it's taking so long that it doesn't come/get approved almost at the end of the process.
No I didn’t created this thread to argue with each other, I created this thread to get unite and raise the concern that we are facing to immigration minister, so that he will come up with solution, if we did not get unite and raise the concern to them then they will not look into it. But people here started justifying their bullshit rule instead of getting united.

Reactions: sumaiama

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021

I agree that IRCC rejects too many TRV applications for people undergoing sponsorship applications with their spouses. I went through the whole ordeal of being unable to bring my girlfriend (now wife whom I am outland sponsoring) to come visit me in Canada 3 years ago. Apparently having her visit for 2 weeks in my own country to see my life, my friends & my family and Canadian culture was too much to ask. I was pretty upset when her TRV got refused on the grounds of her living in a "country with limit economic opportunities". The case officer decided that being from a poorer country was reason enough for her to be refused and assumed she would overstay her TRV to live/work in Canada illegally. This horrible assumption was made, even though we had proof of her ties to her country such as a job, apartment, car, enrollment in a Master's program and letter from her boss.

Meanwhile I would think that a large portion of people overstaying their visits are likely from countries that have a visa-free regime with Canada. I'm not going to name countries, but where I live in Canada there is a certain EU country that does not need a visa to visit Canada and many of them overstay to work and live in Canada illegally. I've known many over the years who had people from this region visit Canada and then they work illegally doing reno and labor jobs the duration of their visit. I know of a few companies setup for cheap labor like that.

I know a girl from this place who is straight up in a marriage of convenience from a guy she met from Montreal. 2 weeks after meeting him online, they were married as she was due to leave the country and was (vocally) looking for a way to stay. This dude in Montreal was willing to provide that to her. By the time she "married", she had overstayed her visa-free visit for a couple months. Not sure if she'll ever get in trouble for it, as last I checked she is still in Montreal living the sweet Canadian dream life.

Meanwhile there are those of us who can't even bring our legitimate loved ones for a visit that lasts a couple weeks, even with intentions of them returning. If you put the applicant as your spouse or in a relationship with them on their TRV application, it's seemingly an automatic strike against them being approved since they assumed to be 'moving in' with you. Lie about it, and you risk automatic rejection and future bans. It's a circle of nonsense that IRCC created.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a deeply personal issue for myself that forced me to move out of my own country to be with my wife. I'm glad were together at present and all looks good as we wait for our application. Still, I'll never stop being upset that our entire situation has come to this. I'm very lucky I was able to transfer to an office in another country closer to my wife so I could continue to work and she was able to move in with me. I don't even want to imagine the stress this would have caused if I chose to quit my job and attempt to move overseas without a source of income. Undoubtedly some here have done that. Or marry her, then live back in Canada for perhaps longer than a year as we wait...and wait...and wait.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is not that easy to revoke PR or deport people in Canada. It is a long and very expensive process which is why Canada makes it more difficult to enter Canada. In countries where deportation is easy they also tend to give out visas more easily like in the US for example.

Reactions: YVR123 and Kumar25

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
It is not that easy to revoke PR or deport people in Canada. It is a long and very expensive process which is why Canada makes it more difficult to enter Canada. In countries where deportation is easy they also tend to give out visas more easily like in the US for example.
Then you will not punish killers who kill people with knives but punish people who is buying knife for cutting vegetables right?

Reactions: sumaiama

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021

I agree, genuine applicants are suffering because of few miscreants. If they don't want to approve spousal visitor visa applications they should be upfront about it and say that spouse won't be eligible for visitor visa applications.
The worst part is them pretending to give so much importance to family reunification while in reality most of the applications are refused and sponsorship takes a very long time.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
No I didn’t created this thread to argue with each other, I created this thread to get unite and raise the concern that we are facing to immigration minister, so that he will come up with solution, if we did not get unite and raise the concern to them then they will not look into it. But people here started justifying their bullshit rule instead of getting united.
I'm already a fan of you. They can also reduce the 1 year timeline processing time to 6 months, I've seen application being processed in 4 months. Some applications are not even opened for as long as 7 months, then why take in applications when you won't process them? It's actually worrisome.

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
I agree, genuine applicants are suffering because of few miscreants. If they don't want to approve spousal visitor visa applications they should be upfront about it and say that spouse won't be eligible for visitor visa applications.
The worst part is them pretending to give so much importance to family reunification while in reality most of the applications are refused and sponsorship takes a very long time.
Problem is that we don’t raise concern to immigration minister then how he will address & find the solution for it. If he will aware of issue then only he fill provide the solution.

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
I'm already a fan of you. They can also reduce the 1 year timeline processing time to 6 months, I've seen application being processed in 4 months. Some applications are not even opened for as long as 7 months, then why take in applications when you won't process them? It's actually worrisome.
My only concern is that you take your time but give the temporary visa to outland applicant also like you are giving to inland applicant.

Reactions: Kumar25 and Ok2018