+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal visitor visa issue

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
I totally agree woth you, families applications and spousals should be taken into more consideration for less time of processing, honestly am sugfering from same ,,, but i believe most of people are too scared to come unite to raise a complaint that might affect their applicationsnegatively.. which is why maybe no one is trying to help or come unite ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree, genuine applicants are suffering because of few miscreants. If they don't want to approve spousal visitor visa applications they should be upfront about it and say that spouse won't be eligible for visitor visa applications.
The worst part is them pretending to give so much importance to family reunification while in reality most of the applications are refused and sponsorship takes a very long time.
Canada is pretty upfront about the fact that on average it takes a year to sponsor a spouse. Family reunification doesn’t necessarily mean immediate TRV approval. It means there is a way to sponsor a spouse with minimal conditions like having a job, having a certain income, not having health issues, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I totally agree woth you, families applications and spousals should be taken into more consideration for less time of processing, honestly am sugfering from same ,,, but i believe most of people are too scared to come unite to raise a complaint that might affect their applicationsnegatively.. which is why maybe no one is trying to help or come unite ..
There is always an option to date/marry someone who is in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree, genuine applicants are suffering because of few miscreants. If they don't want to approve spousal visitor visa applications they should be upfront about it and say that spouse won't be eligible for visitor visa applications.
The worst part is them pretending to give so much importance to family reunification while in reality most of the applications are refused and sponsorship takes a very long time.
If Canada had the power to deport people easily and with minimal expense, didn’t provide lawyers for those who couldn’t afford a lawyer, etc. then it would be possible to allow spouses to travel to Canada during the sponsorship process. Many also have minimal relationship history due to arranged marriages so it is difficult to determine who are actually in a relationship.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Canada is pretty upfront about the fact that on average it takes a year to sponsor a spouse. Family reunification doesn’t necessarily mean immediate TRV approval. It means there is a way to sponsor a spouse with minimal conditions like having a job, having a certain income, not having health issues, etc.
If they are approving TRV atleast for who meets minimum conditions as you explained then processing time of the sponsorship application is not an issue. I'm sure IRCC could come with a much better solution than judging that applicant would overstay if spouse is in Canada.
My question is why don't they penalize the people who overstay? Make them ineligible in future to apply for any visa in Canada. So if you overstay basically it ends your chance to settle in Canada since you broke the law/conditions in the first place.

Reactions: Ok2018

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Why Canada is rejecting spouse visitor visa while it is known that PR application will take more than year in most cases?
1. immigrantion officer will reject visitor visa of spouse stating I am not satisfied that applicant will return back due family ties in canada.
2. Immigration officer will take more than a year to give their decision on spousal sponsorship PR.

now by above two scenarios, Canadian Government is forcing newly weds couples to stay separate, will Canadian immigration Ministers will like if their sons or daughter are forced to stay separate? Where is family values in your laws?

Coming to next, as a applicant why we are not getting unite to form a group and raise the concern to immigration minister so that they can take a look into issue and find a solution like giving temporary visitor valid until decision made.
How can our voices be heard? What can we do?

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
You guys ,, i see some cases on social media.. esp Twitter people are separated and their approvals are not received for 5 years , some are 3 and some more ,,, i know their case might be complex but is this actually happening for real ?! how can one country delay such cases for over years.... such cases have my heart but also scares me is this actually and really happening to people?!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If they are approving TRV atleast for who meets minimum conditions as you explained then processing time of the sponsorship application is not an issue. I'm sure IRCC could come with a much better solution than judging that applicant would overstay if spouse is in Canada.
My question is why don't they penalize the people who overstay? Make them ineligible in future to apply for any visa in Canada. So if you overstay basically it ends your chance to settle in Canada since you broke the law/conditions in the first place.
The process to remove people from Canada is extremely long and allows numerous appeals. It is also extremely expensive fighting appeals and forcing someone to leave if they don’t leave voluntarily. Some people hide from CBSA and some countries won’t provide travel documents if someone destroys their own documents or their documents expire so resources also have to go to tracking people down, immigration detention, etc. Canada doesn’t allow deportations to some countries on top of that. Some people have been fighting deportation for decades. It is much easier to prevent people from arriving.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You guys ,, i see some cases on social media.. esp Twitter people are separated and their approvals are not received for 5 years , some are 3 and some more ,,, i know their case might be complex but is this actually happening for real ?! how can one country delay such cases for over years.... such cases have my heart but also scares me is this actually and really happening to people?!
There are very few sponsorship cases that go over 2 years for spouse and children. The longer applications involve denials and appeals. Some countries require longer background checks or require people to wait for interviews because there isn’t a person in the country that does interviews every week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How can our voices be heard? What can we do?
The process has already gone through reforms. Unless you add a lot more money to the system there is no way to process applications s significantly faster. Processing times can also be affected by delays in other countries not Canada or TB testing.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
The process to remove people from Canada is extremely long and allows numerous appeals. It is also extremely expensive fighting appeals and forcing someone to leave if they don’t leave voluntarily. Some people hide from CBSA and some countries won’t provide travel documents if someone destroys their own documents or their documents expire so resources also have to go to tracking people down, immigration detention, etc. Canada doesn’t allow deportations to some countries on top of that. Some people have been fighting deportation for decades. It is much easier to prevent people from arriving.
I totally understand your point about deportation and that it is a difficult process in Canada. Instead of deportation why don't they make the people who overstay ineligible for future work permits /permanent residency. IRCC can definitely see if someone overstayed when they make an application in the future.
This would force people to leave on their own or risk having no status in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I totally understand your point about deportation and that it is a difficult process in Canada. Instead of deportation why don't they make the people who overstay ineligible for future work permits /permanent residency. IRCC can definitely see if someone overstayed when they make an application in the future.
This would force people to leave on their own or risk having no status in Canada.
People work illegally so that's a restraint but insufficient.

And in many cases previous violations would render one ineligible but not all. To out it simply the point of the laws is not to be punitive - and there are serious questions about whether punitive approach works at all.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
People work illegally so that's a restraint but insufficient.

And in many cases previous violations would render one ineligible but not all. To out it simply the point of the laws is not to be punitive - and there are serious questions about whether punitive approach works at all.
Yes, people may work illegally but it will a deterrent and much better than their illogical policies which doesn't tap the root cause...90% of the people wouldn't want to work for 7-10$ per hour for their entire life working illegally

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People have the right to appeal in Canada so anyone would appeal attempts at removal and would not leave if they knew they could face potential bans. The whole immigration system would be overhauled and the changes would likely challenged in court. Canada is unlikely to move towards a more US style immigration policy where you can often be picked up, detained and deported soon after if you can’t afford legal representation.