+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Visa For Pakistan

Muhammad Shahrukh

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Could you please tell if I can be able to apply on bases of Nikkah Certificate only except the other traditional wedding ceremonies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Could you please tell if I can be able to apply on bases of Nikkah Certificate only except the other traditional wedding ceremonies.
Have you looked into the instructions for spousal sponsorship? There should be a description of what proof of marriage is needed (religious and government requirements).

Argent

Jul 6, 2023
From my understanding the government requirements are that just nikkah (marriage certificate) however there are other requirements like showing your relationship is genuine. That includes pictures from your nikkah, shahdi/rukhsati and walima and each picture you pointing out yourself and your spouse (something like a long word document with pictures and captions with names of people in picture is what I did). You also need to include text messages and or pictures on the honeymoon for example to really drive the genuineness across. I've heard of several people who applied with just nikkah and minimal contact after nikkah with their spouse via whatsapp and the officer requested more stuff to prove their relationship was authentic.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Lots of people apply to sponsor a spouse from Pakistan. Applications tend to take longer than average for applications from Pakistan.
But now, it is being revealed that spousal applications from Pakistan (and Iran) are accorded Cadillac service:

I am from Afghanistan and I submitted my Spouse Sponsorship application from Pakistan on 7th of May 2023, after 10 days I received my AOR and on 18th of May 2023 I received the sponsor approval letter, after that 2 days later I received an email they said that we send your application to LVO( London Visa Office) for processing. Now its nearly 2 months that I didnt received any email from them, is there anyone who knows what is next and why it took so long? Because I know some of my relatives that their whole processimg time was 3 to 4 month from here (Pakistan) and 2 of my relatives applied from Iran their application took exact 3 month and they went to canada in 3 months after submitting.
So is there anyone who know why mine is taking so long because lots of application took max 3 to 4 months?!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But now, it is being revealed that spousal applications from Pakistan (and Iran) are accorded Cadillac service:
There are an announcement that visas/permits will eventually be processed in Pakistan. We have not seen any big changes in processing speeds since that announcement.