+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Staying in Pakistan

aBc_1990

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Hi,

I am going to marry soon and my fiance is Canadian Citizen. She is will stay here in Pakistan for 2 weeks and we will marry and then she will go back to Canada. My queries are

Can they create the issue of why she stayed for a short time or is it alright if she married here with me?

Do we need to submit wedding videos?

Can we apply from Pakistan or first she needs to go back to Canada and then we apply?

and Can I move to another country for studies while my spousal visa is in process ?

Last edited:

yellow_cake

Jan 28, 2018
Go to this page, it will give you a list of documents and instructions on what you need http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

As for staying for 2 weeks, I don't think it should be a problem... I stayed with my spouse for 1 month so it's not a huge difference.
Just make sure if you visit each other again, keep the proof (boarding passes, passport stamps, etc) and submit that as evidence of your relationship. Even if you visit after the submission, you can add this info later on.

No, they only accept photos (not video). Be sure you have photos of important events of yourselves and family/friends. This includes Nikkah ceremony, signing the Nikkah nama, Rukhsati/wedding, walima, family gatherings, or outings of you and your spouce.

Read the instructions guide from the link I provided. It will show you the address where the application has to be submitted (Mississauga). If she's only tgere for 2 weeks, might as well aoply from Canada when she gets back...

Studying abroad shouldn't be a problem. Just fill the forms appropriately and keep all evidence of your studies/travel in case it's needed. You may need a Police Clearance certificate from the country of studies (I think if you spend more than 6 months).

Reactions: posse