+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsrship- translated documents

Mirk

Jul 16, 2019
Hi, My husband and I have a question about his translated documents. He is getting his necessary documents translated in Israel, where he is currently living, by an offical Notory Public. In the Package that the Lawyer (who is also a Notory Public) has completed, they state that they, the Notory Public (with their license #) "certify they are fluent in both English and Hebrew and that the document attached to this certification is a translation to english of the original document". It also says that "a copy of the original document drawn up in Hebrew is attached to this certification". It then goes on to say that "In witness whereof, I herby certify the faithfulness of said translation by my own signature and seal on this day (date)" There are official stamps, seals and signatures on the package in several areas, as well as an additional page with stamps, seals and signatures stating "by virtue of my appointment under section 45a of the notaries law, (number). I hearby authenticate the seal and signature"

Does this package meet the standards necessary for translated documents in the family class-spousal sponsorship application? I've gone over the guide with a fine tooth comb, it seems that the translated package given to us doesn't follow the exact guidelines in the guide? But is it still legal and does it still check all the boxes? We're having a hard time with this...
Thank-you