+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

George10023

Dec 16, 2021
As we all know, the age of dependant child is 22 years old. I submitted an application when the child was 21 years old(2 months before the 22nd birthday). But it for returned due to missing signature(after the child clocked 22). I want to ask. What options do I have left, is the opportunity lost already?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
As we all know, the age of dependant child is 22 years old. I submitted an application when the child was 21 years old(2 months before the 22nd birthday). But it for returned due to missing signature(after the child clocked 22). I want to ask. What options do I have left, is the opportunity lost already?
You have posed this question 2 or 3 times on the forum since December 2022 and have received responses, including from @scylla, @canuck78 and @Naturgrl, all senior and very knowledgeable members here. The general advice included the sensible suggestion that you hire a lawyer to help out.

Now, some 6 months later, you are back posting the same question in 2 different threads. It seems that repeated questioning here is being overtaken by the law of diminishing returns.

Did you ever heed the advice to seek the help of a lawyer? Much time has passed and it seems you are frozen in a state of inactivity. Sorry to be blunt, but seeking help here can take you only so far and it seems you have exhausted any assistance available here. The passage of more time is unlikely to work in your favour.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Previously answered. You needed to appeal the decision. Did you appeal? You only had a limited time to do that after the application was refused.

marisarmiento

May 22, 2023
Hi. I am sponsoring my common-law partner and we’re confused whose name to fill-out on the IMM0008 form. Is it my name (sponsor) or his name (person being sponsored)? I’m already a PR in Canada.

Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I am sponsoring my common-law partner and we’re confused whose name to fill-out on the IMM0008 form. Is it my name (sponsor) or his name (person being sponsored)? I’m already a PR in Canada.

Thank you!
Who should fill out IMM 0008?

IMM 0008 form is a generic application form for Canada to become a Permanent Resident through the family class sponsorship program. If you are applying to become a Canadian Permanent Resident through the family class sponsorship program, you will need to fill out the form.

Reactions: YVR123