+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Dejavu2020

May 23, 2018
Hi everyone pls can someone help me to shed light to this case. I have my wife back home and I live in nigeria. I already told the immigration that I was single before I came here. So now I want to sponsor her but I have to do marriage to bring her here. So we had a child together but I didn’t disclose either. I did invitation to bring her and the child here in 2019 but denied . Though I did not disclose her as my wife but cousin. Now I have traveled home to do the wedding, my question is how can I change this story to suit my case

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi everyone pls can someone help me to shed light to this case. I have my wife back home and I live in nigeria. I already told the immigration that I was single before I came here. So now I want to sponsor her but I have to do marriage to bring her here. So we had a child together but I didn’t disclose either. I did invitation to bring her and the child here in 2019 but denied . Though I did not disclose her as my wife but cousin. Now I have traveled home to do the wedding, my question is how can I change this story to suit my case
Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)

1. I think that you have dug a hole that there is no way out. You misrepresented yourself by not claiming your spouse and child, (misrepresentation}
2. You claimed your wife was your cousin, now you are going to claim her as your wife. CIC keeps records you know. You may yourself losing your status.
3, No way will CIC believe anything you say now. You can expect refuslas.

Dejavu2020

May 23, 2018
HI

Yeah I actually thought as much but I was gonna put out my case in case there is a way out. Thanks so much for your time

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)

1. I think that you have dug a hole that there is no way out. You misrepresented yourself by not claiming your spouse and child, (misrepresentation}
2. You claimed your wife was your cousin, now you are going to claim her as your wife. CIC keeps records you know. You may yourself losing your status.
3, No way will CIC believe anything you say now. You can expect refuslas.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
It seems that you attempted to sponsor your wife in 2019? What was the outcome of that application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're never going to be able to sponsor either your wife or your child. You committed misrepresentation by not declaring them in your own PR application. Failing to declare them means they can never be sponsored.

Dejavu2020

May 23, 2018
It seems that you attempted to sponsor your wife in 2019? What was the outcome of that application?
No I came as single but I tried to bring her here through invitation as cousin cuz immigration does not recognize her as my wife but I tried bringing her as cousin. It was denied. Now I just did wedding and I want to sponsor her to canada. Thou we had child together but I can’t disclose cuz I didn’t declare when I was applying for myself. I can say she had the baby when she was in school. My concern is that she did biometric when I applied for her (invitation) I’m just wondering if my story can change since they already had her info in their system. Thanks bro

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I came as single but I tried to bring her here through invitation as cousin cuz immigration does not recognize her as my wife but I tried bringing her as cousin. It was denied. Now I just did wedding and I want to sponsor her to canada. Thou we had child together but I can’t disclose cuz I didn’t declare when I was applying for myself. I can say she had the baby when she was in school. My concern is that she did biometric when I applied for her (invitation) I’m just wondering if my story can change since they already had her info in their system. Thanks bro
You were already in a common law relationship with your spouse (i.e. living with your spouse) and the child was already born at the time you landed in Canada, correct? If so, you have no chance of successfully sponsoring your spouse or your child.

If you apply, you should be expecting a refusal and my guess is that your spouse may end up with a 5 year ban from Canada for misrepresentation.

Reactions: YVR123

Gobindbir

Aug 29, 2017
I applied for my wife outland online application submitted on 23rd April, received AOR on 3rd August. Also, medical request and SA was received yesterday 3rd August. She did the medical on 5th Aug and it passed on 7th August. After she linked the application to her account, it shows a valid biometrics under her account but she never did her biometrics and biometrics were never requested as well, ever happened with anyone?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Confused.

You said in a post back in 2018 that your future wife had a son from a previous relationship (not yours). You later stated that you attempted to sponsor her and the child in 2019 but was denied. Now, you are saying that you have a child together, but...when/how did YOU get your Canadian PR to begin with? Was it before you and her were together, in terms of being deemed common law?

Probably matters little since you've already misrepresented yourself by stating the she was your cousin.

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Confused.

You said in a post back in 2018 that your future wife had a son from a previous relationship (not yours). You later stated that you attempted to sponsor her and the child in 2019 but was denied. Now, you are saying that you have a child together, but...when/how did YOU get your Canadian PR to begin with? Was it before you and her were together, in terms of being deemed common law?

Probably matters little since you've already misrepresented yourself by stating the she was your cousin.
Equally confused. Posters entire situation seems convoluted

Dejavu2020

May 23, 2018
Confused.

Confused.

Ohh sorry for that confusion. I’m stating this new case for a friend. My wife and kids are already landed here as PR. This new case is for a friend who has no account but we used mine to ask his questions. Sorry for that confusion