+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Bilal721

Dec 19, 2020
I am getting married to someone in Pakistan who was already married twice and has a daughter from her first marriage.. I will eventually need to sponsor her and her daughter to via Spousal Sponsorship process. I am just wondering If there can be any issue with this setup. I haven't sponsored anyone before. Please let me know If anyone has gone through this previously.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am getting married to someone in Pakistan who was already married twice and has a daughter from her first marriage.. I will eventually need to sponsor her and her daughter to via Spousal Sponsorship process. I am just wondering If there can be any issue with this setup. I haven't sponsored anyone before. Please let me know If anyone has gone through this previously.
Have you been married before? Is this an arranged marriage?

Bilal721

Dec 19, 2020
Thank you @ Canuck78 for getting back to me. I have been married before as well twice. But i haven't sponsored anyone before. This is an arrange marriage.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you @ Canuck78 for getting back to me. I have been married before as well twice. But i haven't sponsored anyone before. This is an arrange marriage.
If you have also been married before then it isn’t a red flag that she has also been married before. In some cultures unfortunately a man would rarely marry a woman who has been married twice and has a child. Did you immigrate with another spouse? How long since your divorce? Are there any other red flags like large age difference, large differences in education, etc.?

Bilal721

Dec 19, 2020
I am in the same situation as her actually. I have been married twice as well with one daughter from the first. that is one of the reason we decided to get marry since we both are in the same situation. Just wanted to see If anyone has sponsored anyone with a child before. I migrated with my parents and I was just a kid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same situation as her actually. I have been married twice as well with one daughter from the first. that is one of the reason we decided to get marry since we both are in the same situation. Just wanted to see If anyone has sponsored anyone with a child before. I migrated with my parents and I was just a kid.
Did you marry someone with status in Canada for your 2 past marriages?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Got married in February and divorced in April. it was arranged.
Would suggest living with your spouses for a few months before determining whether you should sponsor or submit sponsorship and then live together for a few months to make sure this is a longterm marriage. Once someone gets sponsored to Canada as a PR it is very hard to lose PR and you will be financially responsible for them for 3 years so would have to pay back any social assistance payments. Proof that you have lived together will also alleviate some concerns that IRCC may have that this marriage may end within months.