+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Mar 15, 2020
My spouse recently moved to Canada as a Permanent resident and I was linked to her application as a non-accompanying dependent. I did my medicals the same day she did hers and submitted every document as requested from me in the ITA checklist but wasn't required by IRCC to pay PR and other associated fees. She is now a confirmed PR in Canada and I have just mailed my Spousal sponsorship application to the Case Processing Centre in order to receive my own PR visa. My question is, can my spouse who is my Sponsor and already a Permanent resident enroll and receive funds from a training program that is sponsored by the Canadian government without such affecting my own PR application that was mailed to CPC Nova Scotia recently?
Also, what's the minimum duration for my application to be processed?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My spouse recently moved to Canada as a Permanent resident and I was linked to her application as a non-accompanying dependent. I did my medicals the same day she did hers and submitted every document as requested from me in the ITA checklist but wasn't required by IRCC to pay PR and other associated fees. She is now a confirmed PR in Canada and I have just mailed my Spousal sponsorship application to the Case Processing Centre in order to receive my own PR visa. My question is, can my spouse who is my Sponsor and already a Permanent resident enroll and receive funds from a training program that is sponsored by the Canadian government without such affecting my own PR application that was mailed to CPC Nova Scotia recently?
Also, what's the minimum duration for my application to be processed?
As long as it isn't classed as a form of welfare, yes.

There is no minimum. Expect a year and if it's faster, it's a bonus.

Mar 15, 2020
As long as it isn't classed as a form of welfare, yes.

There is no minimum. Expect a year and if it's faster, it's a bonus.
Thank you for your response.
How would one know if the funding support is classified as a welfare?

Has there ever been a record of receipt of the spousal sponsorship Immigrant visa within 4 to 5 months of mailing an outland application to CPC-Sydney NS?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response.
How would one know if the funding support is classified as a welfare?

Has there ever been a record of receipt of the spousal sponsorship Immigrant visa within 4 to 5 months of mailing an outland application to CPC-Sydney NS?
She would need to look at the funding details.

Yes, apps have been processed that fast but not recently and generally only American apps.