+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

Apr 22, 2019
My friend applied for family sponsorship for her husband back then in 2015, the application wasn't approved they said the reason was not enough proog of the relationship,she did an appeal but before she get an answer from the appeal she asked to stop the appeal after they seperate then legally she get her divorve in 2018. she got married again with different person in february of 2019 and willing to sponsor her new husband. my question is if she is eligible to sponsor him now or there is a period of time she has to wait to do so. thank you

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
There will be no doubt complications applying again this early in her marriage from her divorce. I would advise that she wait another year or so before applying again, learning from the last refusal.

Reactions: jasmine flowers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My friend applied for family sponsorship for her husband back then in 2015, the application wasn't approved they said the reason was not enough proog of the relationship,she did an appeal but before she get an answer from the appeal she asked to stop the appeal after they seperate then legally she get her divorve in 2018. she got married again with different person in february of 2019 and willing to sponsor her new husband. my question is if she is eligible to sponsor him now or there is a period of time she has to wait to do so. thank you
She can sponsor him but as said above, should expect a significant amount of scrutiny, as it appears that the first marriage was a Marriage of Convenience.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Married twice in 4 years to people who need to be sponsored? Yes she should expect delays and prepare for extra scrutiny. I would definitely suggest being married for at least 1 year before applying

Apr 22, 2019
Yes but there will be lots of scrutiny of her application. What is the rush? Has she not learned from the last attempt at sponsorship?
the fisrt marriage wasn't fake marriage it was real marriage but wasn't able to leave canada and go live with him, maybe this is one of the reason of the divorce. she doesn't want to have long distance relationship with her new husband and have again the same problem that's the reason she start another application that soon.the refusal of first application in their point of viey she didn't have enough proof of the marriage.other thgan marriage certificate and conversations between them.

Apr 22, 2019
the fisrt marriage wasn't fake marriage it was real marriage but wasn't able to leave canada and go live with him, maybe this is one of the reason of the divorce. she doesn't want to have long distance relationship with her new husband and have again the same problem that's the reason she start another application that soon.the refusal of first application in their point of viey she didn't have enough proof of the marriage.other thgan marriage certificate and conversations between them.

Apr 22, 2019
Yes but there will be lots of scrutiny of her application. What is the rush? Has she not learned from the last attempt at sponsorship?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I'm definitely not trying to judge because I dint know the whole situation, but what does she have for evidence in this marriage that she didn't have in the other one? Just from your post and the timeline s you provided, it kinda seems she rushed into this marriage. How long has she known her new husband how long were they together before they got married? How did they meet? How much time hwve they spent together? These are the things cic looks at when someone applies. If she's really wanting to have a better shot, waiting at least 1 year abd making sure they have sufficient evidence to their relationship including a significant amount of time spent together in person before applying is her best option.