+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Stinta

Nov 13, 2013
Hi!
Would it be easier and take less time to process my spouses’ sponsorship towards the end of my wait for pr processing through provincial nominee( if we got married before my pr application was processed) or would it take more time to process and have him relocate to canada after i get my pr? Please adivse. Thanks

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi!
Would it be easier and take less time to process my spouses’ sponsorship towards the end of my wait for pr processing through provincial nominee( if we got married before my pr application was processed) or would it take more time to process and have him relocate to canada after i get my pr? Please adivse. Thanks
Whatever you decide, if you get married while your PR application is processing and before you land, you must let the IRCC know. You must declare your change of status and inform them that you got married. If you don't declare your spouse and land, they will forever be excluded from being sponsored by you through family class and will have to immigrate on their own as they will no longer count as your family member. So keep that in mind - if you get married before your PR is processed, under no circumstances should you not inform them of this.

I'll let others advise you on the rest of your question.

Reactions: canuck78

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Whatever you decide, if you get married while your PR application is processing and before you land, you must let the IRCC know. You must declare your change of status and inform them that you got married. If you don't declare your spouse and land, they will forever be excluded from being sponsored by you through family class and will have to immigrate on their own as they will no longer count as your family member. So keep that in mind - if you get married before your PR is processed, under no circumstances should you not inform them of this.

I'll let others advise you on the rest of your question.
What np08 says is essential. If you are married now, or if you have lived with your spouse for more than 12 months, and you have not told CIC, you will be barred from sponsoring your spouse forever.

If you're currently calling this person your spouse, you are probably in a position where you should tell CIC or else they will never be able to be sponsored as a spouse. Even if you are not legally married at the moment, remember that CIC considers a couple who have lived together for more than 12 months to be common law married.

Reactions: np08