+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bakula

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

I want to sponsor my husband living in India. I live in subsidized housing and receive pronvincial health benefit so I’m wondering if this will affect my application in any way (I don’t receive social assistance).

Thanks.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi,

I want to sponsor my husband living in India. I live in subsidized housing and receive pronvincial health benefit so I’m wondering if this will affect my application in any way (I don’t receive social assistance).

Thanks.
What you mean provincial health benefits but not social assistance?

Bakula

Mar 31, 2018
Hi,

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may have difficulty sponsoring your husband if you can't show some savings and that your current income could support the both of you. If your family is able to show that they are able to help you financially or your future husband has lots of savings etc that will help. There is also the issue that you will need to pay for the sponsorship process and a wedding in India as well a travel costs. If you qualify for subsidized housing that will/should be difficult.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am parttime full time working I make 22000 year some 400 Chiled support
Can't tell you whether it will be an issue. I anticipate that there will be some concern whether your low income could support more than you and your child(ren). Nobody can predict. Not clear whether you work part-time or full-time but would encourage you to try and boost your income if possible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can't say. Also depends on your expenses. Just be aware that although there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship they do want to see that you can support yourselves without government help. Your income will likely raise a red flag so be prepared to provide more information, show proof of family financial support, etc.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Living in subsidized housing is not a problem. I lived in housing with my 3 children on a lower working income than you and had no problem sponsoring my husband and 2 children.

A Latawa

Jun 13, 2018
Hi,

Thanks.
No it won’t affect . I sponsoring my hunband from India too . As long you have job . Housing or rent or any other expensive it has no requirements for mention

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Living in subsidized housing is not a problem. I lived in housing with my 3 children on a lower working income than you and had no problem sponsoring my husband and 2 children.
How did you afford to have a live-in caregiver while living on less than 22000 and in subsidized housing? That would never have been approved and all your income would have gone o the caregiver.