+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Surya dinaker

May 28, 2018
My husband has applied PR for me. He stays in Canada. I stay in India. Can I apply a visitor visa to visit Canada and be with him? It’s been only a week ever since he has applied my spousal sponsor. Can I apply visit visa immediately or have to wait till we receive our acknowledgement? Also should I be employed in India till I get PR approved?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
My husband has applied PR for me. He stays in Canada. I stay in India. Can I apply a visitor visa to visit Canada and be with him? It’s been only a week ever since he has applied my spousal sponsor. Can I apply visit visa immediately or have to wait till we receive our acknowledgement? Also should I be employed in India till I get PR approved?
If your husband has applied for spousal sponsorship Outland (India)........you could apply for temporary visitor visa to visit Canada......but the chances the visitor visa application will be approved is low since you have applied for PR.

You can apply anytime for visitor visa...........will advice you wait until you have received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR1) which usually takes 6 to 8 weeks..........2 to 3 weeks after AOR1, your sponsorship application may be transferred to New Delhi VO for further processing.

Approval of your spousal sponsorship application does not depend on your employment in India.........your sponsorship will be approved based on the proof and genuineness of your marriage/relationship........you are very free to work to support yourself financially and this will have no impact on your PR sponsorship application............its your husband the sponsor that need to show they can support the person they are sponsoring.

Surya dinaker

May 28, 2018
If your husband has applied for spousal sponsorship Outland (India)........you could apply for temporary visitor visa to visit Canada......but the chances the visitor visa application will be approved is low since you have applied for PR.

You can apply anytime for visitor visa...........will advice you wait until you have received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR1) which usually takes 6 to 8 weeks..........2 to 3 weeks after AOR1, your sponsorship application may be transferred to New Delhi VO for further processing.

Approval of your spousal sponsorship application does not depend on your employment in India.........your sponsorship will be approved based on the proof and genuineness of your marriage/relationship........you are very free to work to support yourself financially and this will have no impact on your PR sponsorship application............its your husband the sponsor that need to show they can support the person they are sponsoring.
Thanks, if I apply visit visa after the acknowledged the chance of rejection is low? Will it affect my PR processing ?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks, if I apply visit visa after the acknowledged the chance of rejection is low? Will it affect my PR processing ?
The chance of visit visa approval is LOW........chance of rejection is HIGH......when you have a PR application in-process.

No.......it will not affect your PR sponsorship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Surya dinaker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In order to get approved for a visit visa you must show strong ties to India like a longterm job, property in your name, family members who are dependent on you, etc. Your chances are low if you can't show more ties to India than to your husband in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018

HI @Wakki in my case my wife is PR and we recently got married and i work in UAE

regarding funds will my bank accounts are ok with explanation letter mentioning my funds as my wife recently got PR in Dec 2017 and May only she did second landing and got part time job as well , but her bank dont have any balance apart from salary what she will be getting

in this case can we show my india and UAe bank details where balance is around more than CAD16000 which is recomended to mentain

please help with your expert advice

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
HI @Wakki in my case my wife is PR and we recently got married and i work in UAE

regarding funds will my bank accounts are ok with explanation letter mentioning my funds as my wife recently got PR in Dec 2017 and May only she did second landing and got part time job as well , but her bank dont have any balance apart from salary what she will be getting

in this case can we show my india and UAe bank details where balance is around more than CAD16000 which is recomended to mentain

please help with your expert advice
For spousal sponsorship application......IRCC is not really interested in your personal bank balances...........but rather documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses........proof that one spouse is sending or providing financial support to the other spouse, and also any expenses both spouses jointly pay off, etc.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/show-financial-support-spousal-sponsorship.562577/#post-6966712

Reactions: Preet_Singh

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
For spousal sponsorship application......IRCC is not really interested in your personal bank balances...........but rather documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses........proof that one spouse is sending or providing financial support to the other spouse, and also any expenses both spouses jointly pay off, etc.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/show-financial-support-spousal-sponsorship.562577/#post-6966712
many thanks @Wakki

Surya dinaker

May 28, 2018
I have submitted my PR and have also taken the medicals for which I have got a information in the cic tracker. Will I get any confirmation mail for the medical approval or anything of the sort ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have submitted my PR and have also taken the medicals for which I have got a information in the cic tracker. Will I get any confirmation mail for the medical approval or anything of the sort ?
No - you will not receive a confirmation email.