+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

BabyK

Aug 30, 2017
Hi everyone! I just want to ask some questions because i am confused.
I am currently working as a live in caregiver but planning to leave my work on March 2018 coz i will be giving birth. Me and my boyfriend will planning to get married on January 2018 also and after that he will sponsor me for PR.
My questions are:
- Can he sponsor me right away after we got married even if i'm still working with my employer? If yes,what address should i use coz still i'm living with employer by that time. by the way my boyfriend is on Calgary and i am in Toronto but I stayed at their parent's house during the weekend.
Thanks for those who will answer my questions!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
You can apply as soon as you are married and have the marriage certificate.

You would put the address you are living at at the time. You can move during your application process but you have to notify CIC and give them your new address.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone! I just want to ask some questions because i am confused.
I am currently working as a live in caregiver but planning to leave my work on March 2018 coz i will be giving birth. Me and my boyfriend will planning to get married on January 2018 also and after that he will sponsor me for PR.
My questions are:
- Can he sponsor me right away after we got married even if i'm still working with my employer? If yes,what address should i use coz still i'm living with employer by that time. by the way my boyfriend is on Calgary and i am in Toronto but I stayed at their parent's house during the weekend.
Thanks for those who will answer my questions!
Note that if you are not living together, you must apply outland.

BabyK

Aug 30, 2017
You can apply as soon as you are married and have the marriage certificate.

You would put the address you are living at at the time. You can move during your application process but you have to notify CIC and give them your new address.
Thank you so much
I'll be moving for sure first on his parent's house on april and then maybe by the end of the year 2018 me,my baby and my husband will move to Calgary for good. So I guess i have to notify the CIC twice.

BabyK

Aug 30, 2017
Note that if you are not living together, you must apply outland.
Oh i didn't know that. Even if we are both here in Canada? But he's planning to take a leave on his work on my due date which is on April 2018 and then he will bring us to Calgary also next year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh i didn't know that. Even if we are both here in Canada? But he's planning to take a leave on his work on my due date which is on April 2018 and then he will bring us to Calgary also next year.
Doesn't matter. If you are not living at the same address when you submit the he app, you are required to apply outland.

BabyK

Aug 30, 2017
Doesn't matter. If you are not living at the same address when you submit the he app, you are required to apply outland.
I'm sorry i have a question again. If i apply outland. Can i still apply for an open permit together with my application?my work permit will expires on May 2018.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
I'm sorry i have a question again. If i apply outland. Can i still apply for an open permit together with my application?my work permit will expires on May 2018.
No. No work permit option for Outland, only Inland.