+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
outside Canada

what are next steps required once u present police clearance and form imm5669...

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
no not yet? how many people have to complete the medical. applicant (spouse only) no children...
or does his additional family such as mom dad n sisters have. to compete medical too? who completes the medical?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
no not yet? how many people have to complete the medical. applicant (spouse only) no children...
or does his additional family such as mom dad n sisters have. to compete medical too? who completes the medical?
Applicant ONLY completes the medical...I assume you are the sponsor, so just your partner. It should be the next thing coming. What country are you applying from

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
husband in ghana
I'm in Canada...

and the same goes for the police report only his is required? whenever CIC uses term family member it's as if anyone who's name is listed on application...

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
husband in ghana
I'm in Canada...

and the same goes for the police report only his is required? whenever CIC uses term family member it's as if anyone who's name is listed on application...
the application is only for your husband right?
if so then yes, police checks, schedule a, medical request all for him

peardroppop

Apr 24, 2015
Hello, everyone

So I am a bit confused, I have applied for my husbands spousal sponsorship. We have received his AOR already and now he has his medical booked and has sent off for his police certificate.

However he got a message from his cic account for his police check saying the following : "You and all of your family members aged 18 or older if applicable must submit this form. This must be received at ....such a date... You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older."

Could Leon who is a VIP member or someone please clarify that it is ONLY my spouse who needs to go for his medical check and police check. I would assume so. I phoned up CIC and the agent on the phone was NO help he said all his family need to get a police check and medical check up even though I stated to him I ONLY applied for spouse twice during the conversation and I know I filled out a spousal sponsorship form and I have only applied for one person and this would not make sense for his whole family to do a medical check and police clearance as they do not want to move to Canada .

The agent on the phone read the same thing on the website and he came to this assumption to. I am assuming the text is in regards to family member sponsorship and not spousal sponsorship. Can someone please confirm that when you apply for spousal sponsorship only the spouse goes for a medical check up and police clearance. Thanks

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello, everyone

So I am a bit confused, I have applied for my husbands spousal sponsorship. We have received his AOR already and now he has his medical booked and has sent off for his police certificate.

However he got a message from his cic account for his police check saying the following : "You and all of your family members aged 18 or older if applicable must submit this form. This must be received at ....such a date... You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older."

Could Leon who is a VIP member or someone please clarify that it is ONLY my spouse who needs to go for his medical check and police check. I would assume so. I phoned up CIC and the agent on the phone was NO help he said all his family need to get a police check and medical check up even though I stated to him I ONLY applied for spouse twice during the conversation and I know I filled out a spousal sponsorship form and I have only applied for one person and this would not make sense for his whole family to do a medical check and police clearance as they do not want to move to Canada .

The agent on the phone read the same thing on the website and he came to this assumption to. I am assuming the text is in regards to family member sponsorship and not spousal sponsorship. Can someone please confirm that when you apply for spousal sponsorship only the spouse goes for a medical check up and police clearance. Thanks

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
the medical and police clearance is for your spouse only aka the applicant your husband if he is the one being sponsored. family member refers to spouse.. common law partner and or any dependent. if none the. jus your spouse gets this CIC is no help