+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi! In my application status showing 17 weeks and 68% done. Can anyone explain what does it mean and are they really goona complete my process within 17 weeks?? Have anyone there relate into this? Hoping for your reply

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi! In my application status showing 17 weeks and 68% done. Can anyone explain what does it mean and are they really goona complete my process within 17 weeks?? Have anyone there relate into this? Hoping for your reply
Unfortunately the timeline and percent mean almost nothing. It is a simple days since your application received divided by 365, i.e. the 'targetted' processing time. Before covid it was a meaningful measure - about 80% of applications were completed in 12 months - but doesn't tell you anything about how your individual file is progressing. With covid, the 80% in 12 months clearly will not be met (until they catch up).

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Unfortunately the timeline and percent mean almost nothing. It is a simple days since your application received divided by 365, i.e. the 'targetted' processing time. Before covid it was a meaningful measure - about 80% of applications were completed in 12 months - but doesn't tell you anything about how your individual file is progressing. With covid, the 80% in 12 months clearly will not be met (until they catch up).
Thanks for the reply. Don’t know until I have to wait. They leave us in uncertainty

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi Guys, I am filling form 0008 and there is one question :Add dependents. I am PR in canada and applying for spouse PR. We dont have kids. she is coming alone. is it asking for her parents, brother and sister information to fill or can I keep it blank?
And Second question, what additional dependent form 0008DEP is for ? What information this form is asking?
1. No, she lists her parents on the IMM 5406.
2. You only complete 008DEP if you are sponsoring more children that spaces on the forum, doesn't apply to you, so don't need it.

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for some help here. I'm a permanent resident of Canada, recently married and my wife is Indian resident. Ours is a arranged marriage and is less than 2 years. I'm supposed to write an explanation letter as per the document checklist.

From the checklist document:
I'm unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the above sets of options. I am instead submitting a written explanation for why these are
not available. I am also providing any other evidence I have to demonstrate that my relationship is genuine.

I'm looking for some sample letter that I could use as a start point to prepare my letter. Please help!

Thanks!

jacksmith1980

Aug 29, 2019
Question about police certificates from other countries - can I send a copy of a translated police certificate as well as a copy of the original police certificate? Basically, I would prefer not waiting for the original docs to arrive in the mail, and instead wanted to ask my family abroad to scan those docs for me to print and attach to the application.

thank you!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for some help here. I'm a permanent resident of Canada, recently married and my wife is Indian resident. Ours is a arranged marriage and is less than 2 years. I'm supposed to write an explanation letter as per the document checklist.

From the checklist document:
I'm unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the above sets of options. I am instead submitting a written explanation for why these are
not available. I am also providing any other evidence I have to demonstrate that my relationship is genuine.

I'm looking for some sample letter that I could use as a start point to prepare my letter. Please help!

Thanks!
Your story is not clear. Punjabi ja Hindi ch is trah likh sakde ho ithay ? May write in Roman style. If the marriage is arranged NDVO accepts it. You have to explain that your marriage is arranged. You did not see spouse from ____ months . Your uncle or Aunti arranged the marriage. All relatives pics should be attached with all ceremonies done, Ring ceremony, Honeymoon, social visits ....all pics should be attached so that officer is satisfied.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020
Hi guys I'm Jan 6 2020 applicant with background verification in process from march 10. my husband sponsored me for the spouse pr application I'm from India can I know what happens next how much time does it take more any idea or can I try for visiting visa I tried before marriage and my visit visa got rejected what if I try it now will I get it or ??????

Aug 30, 2020
Hi guys I'm Jan 6 2020 applicant with background verification in process from march 10. my husband sponsored me for the spouse pr application I'm from India can I know what happens next how much time does it take more any idea or can I try for visiting visa I tried before marriage and my visit visa got rejected what if I try it now will I get it or ??????

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Acc to ircc it takes ard 12 months but due to covid there will be delays.
Once u submit the application you get aor1, medical and biometric req and sponsor approval.

Then most of the times the application gets sent to the local vo, in ur case ndvo or it might even remain in Canada and rest of the processing being done there itself.

Once the application is taken up by officer, that's ur aor2 then background checks, eligibility and security is carried out.

I guess the normal dm, ppr, copr.

If ur visitor Visa was rejected once there's a chance it will be rejected again b/c of the dual intent. Not much ties to ur home country etc etc. But you can try again. And there will be no negative impact on ur app if u apply for visitor visa again.

if u like u can order gcms to know more abt ur application and again u can order them multiple times and again this does not have any negative impact.

Reactions: singleman

Galisha

Jun 29, 2018
I was lill concerned someone i know got the biometric request for thwir apoyae sep 15 their file recived date 27 feb mine is 24 how come they missed it or what ?

Luys5000

Sep 5, 2020
Hi any one have idea when was the biometrics office are open in india I’m 24 feb 2020 Canadian pr applicant after Aro did nothing I’m worried about it.....

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi Friends, I have a family emergency and am required to visit my family. I have gone through some threads on this forum but I am seriously in need of many opinions.

Is it ok to visit my family for few months. Really not sure how many months. My mother is ill and want to be with her.

What is the best thing I should do so as to not affect my spousal sponsorship process ? Do I need to inform IRCC about this ? or is it ok not to ?. Please help.

Info on my timeline -
Received AOR1 and sponsorship approval in Dec 2019.
CSQ approved in July 2020. (Because im a quebec resident).
My GCMS notes state that the Sponsor eligibility is complete and passed. However, PA eligibility, security etc not started.