+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
it is SUPER SLOW. My file has been over 1 year and 4 months complete onto the 5th month now … its pathetic how slow and long their processing system is!
I hear you, I have only received AOR2 and it has already been 6 months since I have submitted my application. Expect longer delay with the COVID situation unfortunately

Canadian_Girl_44

Jun 23, 2020
I hear you, I have only received AOR2 and it has already been 6 months since I have submitted my application. Expect longer delay with the COVID situation unfortunately
I know .. and it really sucks .. I wish they also prioritized family reunification files cause at the end of the day my husband will come to Canada and he will be studying as well .. everything is just being delayed!

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I know .. and it really sucks .. I wish they also prioritized family reunification files cause at the end of the day my husband will come to Canada and he will be studying as well .. everything is just being delayed!
Well most of us are in the same boat suffering having to be away from our spouses, maybe one day they will prioritize family sponsorship and wont have to wait a whole year or longer

Canadian_Girl_44

Jun 23, 2020
Well most of us are in the same boat suffering having to be away from our spouses, maybe one day they will prioritize family sponsorship and wont have to wait a whole year or longer
I just find it weird cause I had helped my brother sponsor his wife same time as I did my husbands papers and his wife came within 6 months she landed. So it really depends on circumstances and officers sitting behind the screen processing.

Reactions: Smd91_

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I just find it weird cause I had helped my brother sponsor his wife same time as I did my husbands papers and his wife came within 6 months she landed. So it really depends on circumstances and officers sitting behind the screen processing.
I agree, depending on cases I have seen some cases getting approved within and under 6 months. Clearly we are not the lucky ones here, It is frustrating but really this is something not in our control.:/

Reactions: Canadian_Girl_44

2nose

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Has anyone recently filed an inland sponsorship? It has been over 6 weeks and we still haven't received confirmation or any word that processing has begun. I am assuming it is because of Covid?

Reactions: PreferredRobot

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Has anyone recently filed an inland sponsorship? It has been over 6 weeks and we still haven't received confirmation or any word that processing has begun. I am assuming it is because of Covid?
Current AOR time is between 2 to 3 months. Stay strong brother!

• Wow
Reactions: PreferredRobot

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Firstly, best wishes to everyone who is waiting to be reunited with their spouses, hope you are able to bring them home sooner. I know the feeling, or at least can partly imagine it as I will be joining this boat soon.

My question is - is it possible to bring your spouse to Canada on visit visa and start the process here inland?

Background:
Im Canadian citizen. Soon to get married. She is in Pakistan.
Planning to travel in Xmas holidays and get married there.
Next -- I obviously want to bring her with me. Do they give visit visa to spouses of Canadian Citizens?
I have a full time job, never been on any assistance etc. - financially im fine.
I just dont want to wait another 12, 15, 18....etc months.

Once she is here on Visit Visa - can we start the immigration process?

What would you girls/guys suggest based on your experience?

thank you.

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Firstly, best wishes to everyone who is waiting to be reunited with their spouses, hope you are able to bring them home sooner. I know the feeling, or at least can partly imagine it as I will be joining this boat soon.

My question is - is it possible to bring your spouse to Canada on visit visa and start the process here inland?

Background:
Next -- I obviously want to bring her with me. Do they give visit visa to spouses of Canadian Citizens?
I have a full time job, never been on any assistance etc. - financially im fine.

thank you.

Yes it is absolutely possible for you to apply for her Inland Spousal Sponsorship + Open work permit once she is in Canada with you on a Temporary Visit Visa. The hard part is getting her TRV approved which can be little difficult.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yes it is absolutely possible for you to apply for her Inland Spousal Sponsorship + Open work permit once she is in Canada with you on a Temporary Visit Visa. The hard part is getting her TRV approved which can be little difficult.
Not worried about work permit or studies at all. Its just about bringing my wife and not wanting to leave her back home. My CIC muscle memory is slowly awakening, its been a long time since i have been here. I now recall that even when i applied for TRV it took like 2-3 months. But that was for studies. This one will be obvious - that a husband wants to live with his wife and not leave her for 12-24months.

so you are saying TRVs take lot of time?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not worried about work permit or studies at all. Its just about bringing my wife and not wanting to leave her back home. My CIC muscle memory is slowly awakening, its been a long time since i have been here. I now recall that even when i applied for TRV it took like 2-3 months. But that was for studies. This one will be obvious - that a husband wants to live with his wife and not leave her for 12-24months.

Refusals are common as the goal is permanent, so temporary visas not granted as often.

Reactions: Gtiffen

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023

I am saying TRV approvals can be challenging especially if she is married to a Canadian Citizen. It simply shows the immigration officer that she has stronger ties to Canada and she may not leave Canada

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I’m overseas right now but I applied with my lawyer in Montreal, she sent the documents and they received them March 1st. I didn’t even get aor yet and almost 4 months later...

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019

Background:

thank you.
If you can get her to Canada after you get married you can then apply inland...the trick is getting her a visitor visa if she is from a non-visa exempt country (Pakistan is non-visa exempt). Chances are you will need to get married , return to Canada and then apply for the spousal visa. It sucks but a lot of us are in the same situation made worse by Covid.