+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

llion1

Jun 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am being sponsored by my Canadian partner (inland, spouse, Quebec residents, IRCC correspondence coming from Mississauga) and my application was received via Canada Post around January 10. I have yet to receive my AOR, and when I ask IRCC they always respond with "We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received." Yesterday I thought there was finally some movement as I got an email that said "Attached please find a letter related to your application."

It was just another reminder to pay my biometrics fee, which we have already paid. I have not received a physical AOR, and can't attach an application to my online account. I'm starting to get a little nervous, as I've been a longtime lurker on this forum and it seems like our application is taking unusually long.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Even knowing that this has happened to other couples would be reassuring! For reference, I am a female from the US and have lived in Quebec for the past 7 years.

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Hi, it will not affect your outland PR application. You can always apply for visitor visa. I have checked with one lawyer and he told me that PR application says you are intended to stay permanently. While visitor visa is temporarily. So its depend on immigration officer whether to approve visa or not.

But in your case you have a strong reason that you are pregnant. I believe you can put that information in letter of invitation. Yes he can put or explain that he will go to work, you both can shows your funds to support this application. Basically on visitor visa its good to show some funds on account so basically it will tell officer that you will rely on your funds not on government or something.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know if applying for a tourist visa while an outland sponsorship is being processed affect the processing of the outland spousal application?

I am 6 months pregnant and I am hoping to have my husband be in Canada for the birth of our child, but we have not seen any movement of our spousal application since the COVID situation started (which is understandable). I don't think we'll get an outcome by the time i give birth so I am hoping he can get a tourist visa in the meantime instead. I am concerned though that it will have a negative effect on our spousal application. Also, if I explain in my Letter of Invitation what the circumstance is (the imminent birth of our child) does he still need proof that he has a job that he is going to go back to? Will he need proof of funds as well?

Any help/insight regarding this will greatly be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi, it will not affect your outland PR application. You can always apply for visitor visa. I have checked with one lawyer and he told me that PR application says you are intended to stay permanently. While visitor visa is temporarily. So its depend on immigration officer whether to approve visa or not.

But in your case you have a strong reason that you are pregnant. I believe you can put that information in letter of invitation. Yes he can put or explain that he will go to work, you both can shows your funds to support this application. Basically on visitor visa its good to show some funds on account so basically it will tell officer that you will rely on your funds not on government or something.

I hope this will be helpful to you.
As you say a TRV is temporary, meaning that the TRV applicant has to provide proof to IRCC that they will leave Canada after their visa expires, maximum of 6 months without an extension. They have to show strong ties with their home country even tough they have a PR application in process. The husband can not work in Canada as he has no status in Canada nor a work permit.

They can try for the TRV but they are only being issued this time for exceptional circumstances, I don't know if attending the birth of a child will qualify the husband.

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hey there,
Kindly address my question. I’m permanent resident and hv moved in Canada in dec 2019. I didn’t start any job due to the pandemic. My husband have a work status here in Canada since past 2years. He is still having a job. Now I want to sponsor him but I doubt whether my unemployment can cause any hurdle? I have work history of 3years in India and some funds also.
Could anyone please resolve my query?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hey there,
Kindly address my question. I’m permanent resident and hv moved in Canada in dec 2019. I didn’t start any job due to the pandemic. My husband have a work status here in Canada since past 2years. He is still having a job. Now I want to sponsor him but I doubt whether my unemployment can cause any hurdle? I have work history of 3years in India and some funds also.
See the checklist, you’ll understand everything.
What documents you need to provide in case of both employed or unemployed.
In short, if employed, provide letter of employment from the employer. Also, tax sheets.
If unemployed, provide a letter explaining your support plan, supporting documents for the same for the applicant once he/she is in Canada. It should be strong enough to clear that neither of you will go on government assistance.

Reactions: PRI2019@

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hey there,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Reactions: PRI2019@

PRI2019@

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
See the checklist, you’ll understand everything.
What documents you need to provide in case of both employed or unemployed.
In short, if employed, provide letter of employment from the employer. Also, tax sheets.
If unemployed, provide a letter explaining your support plan, supporting documents for the same for the applicant once he/she is in Canada. It should be strong enough to clear that neither of you will go on government assistance.
Many thanks...

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi! I did my medical on June 3 after that I haven’t got my passport request. My visa office is Singapore. I am little bit tensed. Have anyone got passport request during May to June. Any idea how long it will take?? I early waiting for the reply if anyone knows. Thanks

Reactions: Nina12 and Allysia

amolak22

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
patiala, punjab, india
Visa Office......
vfs chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
6.5 bands
Interview........
no interview
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
Any similar case....
Family sponsorship
Im PR in canada and sponsoring my wife in india

App sent feb 1 2020
Application number received feb 3,2020
Biometric request feb 7,2020
Bio done feb 12,2020
Medical request feb 18,2020
Medical passed feb 23,2020
Sponsoring a family member requirement approved my feb 28,2020 and got approved letter
File transfer to Local visa office in cpc mississauga mar 3,2020
Since then no update online bar show 40%complete till june 22,2020

Reactions: Nina12

amolak22

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
patiala, punjab, india
Visa Office......
vfs chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
6.5 bands
Interview........
no interview
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
hi everyone , im planning to sponser my wife as outland.i like to get help from you guys, which are the documents i needed to show as the response of 5533 question 7.a? that is ,documents needed to submit to show relationship to sponsor if me not currently live with my spouse?
I have an answer but how to attach screenshot

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
Hi everyone,
This is my few question< if any one help me please, greatly appreciate.
thank you in advance.

1.-)App status reason:_ Inventory-SPR
2.)PA Counter foil required :_ YES means?
3) eligibility assessment (NOt started) dua date for PA- Showing Feb22/2021. Why it was showing 2021 year. any idea??
4). application status 2 (for PA applicant):- TFR eligibilty means
5)..what is biographic for PA? any idea
6.)Security -not started

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
hi everyone , im planning to sponser my wife as outland.i like to get help from you guys, which are the documents i needed to show as the response of 5533 question 7.a? that is ,documents needed to submit to show relationship to sponsor if me not currently live with my spouse?
I believe that checklist already has bullet points with the type of documents needs to submit in both cases, living or not living with the spouse.

Canadian_Girl_44

Jun 23, 2020
I am waiting since FEB 2019. I emailed New Delhi immigration a month ago and they replied to me saying "Your enquiry has been transferred to the Permanent residence unit" … what is that supposed to mean? That they are still processing in this Covid-19??

Reactions: Nina12

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I am waiting since FEB 2019. I emailed New Delhi immigration a month ago and they replied to me saying "Your enquiry has been transferred to the Permanent residence unit" … what is that supposed to mean? That they are still processing in this Covid-19??
They are but in a much slower pace