+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Given that you only applied 6 months ago, no, don't waste the MP's time.
but my case is little different. my partner was a refused refugee, and CBSA started his removal procedure last summer. last week, we got a letter said his PRRA (pre removal risk assessment) has come to a result, even we were not scheduled a appointment due to COVID 19, but i am still scared and that might be the last step before he was forced to leave. i wanna know what we can do for now.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
but my case is little different. my partner was a refused refugee, and CBSA started his removal procedure last summer. last week, we got a letter said his PRRA (pre removal risk assessment) has come to a result, even we were not scheduled a appointment due to COVID 19, but i am still scared and that might be the last step before he was forced to leave. i wanna know what we can do for now.
You need to wait.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
As your husband is in Canada, it would be unusual for IRCC to request a new medical instead of just extending the previous one. You will just have to wait and see.
Thanks.
That's what I tought. And also I think that if they wanted a new one they would have asked when we received AIP, like they did with his son... Also they approuve medical a month before it expired so it let me think that it'S gonna be ok!

I think that we are near the end for real this time. Criminality is done. Medical is done and pass. Security is underway.
After 26 months it's more than time that they close our files.

Reactions: Serenasuccess

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
I have a question bugging my mind. I know there are many here who are experienced and can help

My Story:
I am a Canadian PR and I reconnected with my old friend who lives back home. We started our relationship in January & decided in February 2020 to get married in June. I was to travel to spend time with him in April, have our pre-wedding ceremony and go back home in June for the final wedding ceremony. Because of Covid 19, plans started to change. I am worried now because it looks as if the airlines may not likely come into full operation for a long while and we don't know when all of these will be over or back to near-normal.
1. I am thinking of flying home just once (when airlines are flying) and having the 2 ceremonies in one trip to reduce my exposure to the virus. I am however worried that when i want to apply for spousal visa for him, i wont have evidence showing I have visited or seen him more than once. (I haven't been back home since i left couple of years ago and we weren't dating then).
Has anyone been in this dilemma or am i just overthinking things? I sure will have evidence of our call logs, video & audio, correspondences etc but not a boarding pass/ticket showing i have visited him twice. Is this going to be a deal breaker

Sorry for the long post.
Hi I am in a same position as you. My flight got cancelled which was scheduled on June 27th and my wedding was supposed to take place on July 2nd. I am sending emails now to local MPs let's see what they have to say.

OK_

May 18, 2020
Hi Guys!
Does anyone know if CIC was open during quarantine? We applied for spousal sponsorship and open work permit on March 18 and still haven't received any response whether our application was accepted or not.
If there's someone who applied in March, please let me know if you got any response.

Thanks!

Shama198727

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 27, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on November 7, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on August 21, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

This is my current status still no response from IRCC,Covid19 has affected everyone can anyone help me what is the status for all the pending applications and what happens with our application process from now .?

Tyrrhus

May 19, 2020
Hi Guys!
Does anyone know if CIC was open during quarantine? We applied for spousal sponsorship and open work permit on March 18 and still haven't received any response whether our application was accepted or not.
If there's someone who applied in March, please let me know if you got any response.

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat. My application was received on March 9th, 2020 but I have not received any acknowledgement as of yet

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Guys, I am on my way to submit the dependent visa application and my consultant says we need to submit btech memos( all individual year transcripts as well). I don't see a significance here. TBH she doesn't have memos for two subjects for which she had backlogs ( she however have the original degree, consolidated marks memo, and other transcripts). I will not be able to get those in foreseeable future due to covid shit.

Do you guys know if this will impact the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Guys, I am on my way to submit the dependent visa application and my consultant says we need to submit btech memos( all individual year transcripts as well). I don't see a significance here. TBH she doesn't have memos for two subjects for which she had backlogs ( she however have the original degree, consolidated marks memo, and other transcripts). I will not be able to get those in foreseeable future due to covid shit.

Do you guys know if this will impact the application.
No such thing as a "dependent visa application". If you are referring to spousal sponsorship, your consultant is an effing moron and you should fire them. Education documents are NOT required.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
No such thing as a "dependent visa application". If you are referring to spousal sponsorship, your consultant is an effing moron and you should fire them. Education documents are NOT required.
Yes I am referring to spousal sponsorship my bad. Yeah I found is odd too, this is not a express entry application and the visa decision may not be based on her education qualification but my ability to support her and proof of relationship. Correct me if I am wrong.