+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi All,

While filling personal history in 5669, can i have a overlap of months. Like say, half the month i was employed and rest unemployed.
My spouse would be unemployed from mid feb and i plan to submit the application around 26th of feb. In that case,
can i fill like below.
feb 2020 - ongoing --> unemployed
MM 2019-feb 2020 --> employed.

Please advice

amanda_sakura

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
Whistler BC
Hi All,

While filling personal history in 5669, can i have a overlap of months. Like say, half the month i was employed and rest unemployed.
My spouse would be unemployed from mid feb and i plan to submit the application around 26th of feb. In that case,
can i fill like below.
feb 2020 - ongoing --> unemployed
MM 2019-feb 2020 --> employed.

Please advice
You can try but the form may not validate with overlapping dates. If it doesn't you can attach a second sheet of paper with an explanation so that you can validate it.

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi i have got an email that my case transferred to singapore vo.can you tell me what’s the next process and how long it will take to get passport requests, haven’t got my medical request. Please help

TROD94

Sep 29, 2019
Hello everyone I have a question, under dependents on the IMM 0008 I Listed my parents and 2 brothers they are not accompanying me, i have no kids. I just realized that only kids should be listed there not relatives. However my husband got Aor1 and in ecas it stated they received application to sponsor me and then it listed dependents included which is my parents and two brothers do you think they over looked it and its fine or will they have to do medical etc should i send a webform?

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hi i have got an email that my case transferred to singapore vo.can you tell me what’s the next process and how long it will take to get passport requests, haven’t got my medical request. Please help
Expect 12 months for average processing time from AOR1

ranaumar1292

Jan 14, 2020
As'salam o Alaikum
I haven't created any account of GCKey etc for any updates regarding my application. They sends me the updates through email. My application moved to LVO on 13th January, 2020 as apprised by CPC Sydney NS. But on www.cic.gc.ca it only shows that medical results have been received and Permanent Application Status shows "in process".

Can anyone please let me know is it mandatory to create GCkey account to receive further updates or they will contact me through emails as I received earlier and secondly, please also let me know how much I will have to wait for AoR2 from LVO regarding receipt of my application and starts processing. Thank you please

SKY777

Dec 19, 2019
Hi everyone,
Have anyone received or seen anyone has received an email, update or decision from IRCC or visa office on Saturdays or Sundays?
Does passport request usually come from Canada or the visa office??

Thank you

SKY777

Dec 19, 2019
As'salam o Alaikum
I haven't created any account of GCKey etc for any updates regarding my application. They sends me the updates through email. My application moved to LVO on 13th January, 2020 as apprised by CPC Sydney NS. But on www.cic.gc.ca it only shows that medical results have been received and Permanent Application Status shows "in process".

Can anyone please let me know is it mandatory to create GCkey account to receive further updates or they will contact me through emails as I received earlier and secondly, please also let me know how much I will have to wait for AoR2 from LVO regarding receipt of my application and starts processing. Thank you please
WA alaikom Assalam
As I know it's not mandatory at all. You still get the update through ECAS and email together. You just need to check your email spam box too.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As'salam o Alaikum
I haven't created any account of GCKey etc for any updates regarding my application. They sends me the updates through email.
Can anyone please let me know is it mandatory to create GCkey account to receive further updates or they will contact me through emails as I received earlier
Not mandatory and likely communications will be through email. Still a good idea to create and check though as there may be more info in Gckey, and email is not infallible (apart from spam inboxes, emails can get lost - no worse than the post, but it happens)

Last edited: