AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Hi guys, i just wanted to say good luck to everyone first!!! I just got my AOR Sept 10th and my application was sent July 30th. Just wandering how long until you get biometrics request? Thank you. Have a greatday!!!
Ours came about 1 month after AOR but everyone is different and things have slowed down lately.

Reactions: Roxy c

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi,
My timeline is so much similar to yours. Iam sponsoring my husband and the status has been updated to Decision Made but we didnot get any email saying Visa Stamping. Any thoughts??
I'm actually surprised that they emailed so soon. We were expecting to receive the email for Visa Stamping at around end of Sept or 1st week of October.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,
My husband got an email stating to submit passport at nearest VFS office..Cheers!!!!! It took exactly 3 months wait period for me. Its getting quicker now. All the best guys and many thanks to canadavisa members for this wonderful job.

Nice! Congrats to us! Praise God.

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
I should think the name needs to match what's on your passport.
Yes, but others doesn't have should match in your passport. I still have my single name in my passport. Since it will take time here in the Philippines to get a replacement under my married name.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Ye
Hi,
I'm from Philippines, we're completing our documents to be send to my husband in Canada. Was just confused about family members. I'm single and no child when we got married, which means I don't have dependent. So I'm the principal applicant with no dependent, correct? And I don't need my family as in my mother, and siblings documents and they will not undergo medical exams, right?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Joanne
Hi! I'm from the Philippines too and my husband is Permanent Resident in Canada.

Yes, we're the same. We do not have children yet so no need to declare family members except for the Form that asked for your Father Mother Siblings name. (I forgot the form #)

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi,

One more thing, about the names in the forms. It was always asking for the given and last name for both sponsor and principal applicant. I'm from the Philippines, wherein we have middle name. So for single we have our mothers last name as our middle name then father's last name as our last name. If in case female gets married, my father's name will be my middle name and my husband's last name as my last name too. So, will I include my middle name on given name in the forms for my married name? Please help, just really confused about this.

Thanks again,

Anne
As @lccliff mentioned you should follow what is on your passport
If your passport states your middle name as parent's name then you write that
If it doesn't then don't write that because it might cause confusion to IRCC as well

Reactions: lccliff

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
What's time frame for spouse application
June 10 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)
August 25 - Medical Results have been received by IRCC and passed the medical exam.
August 30 - Checked CAS tool - IRCC started processing Principal Applicant's application (Permanent Residence).
September 4 - Visa Stamping emailed to me
-Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for PR Application Status

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Yes, but others doesn't have should match in your passport. I still have my single name in my passport. Since it will take time here in the Philippines to get a replacement under my married name.
Just go with the passport you have now and update IRCC with the change later
I never changed my last name to my husband's last name at all and I got approved and landed last month

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, i just want to wish good luck to everyone first!!! I just got my AOR Sept 10th and my application was sent July 30th. Just wandering how long until you get biometrics request? Thank you. Have a great day!!!
Here's our timeline:
August 1 - My husband received an email from IRCC that they received our application last June 13 (has application # & UCI)
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status
August 25 - Medical Results have been received by IRCC and passed the medical exam.
August 30 - Checked CAS tool - IRCC started processing Principal Applicant's application (Permanent Residence).
September 5 - Visa Stamping emailed to me

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Here's our timeline:
September 5 - Visa Stamping emailed to me
Oh waw that was fast, Congrats!

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, before we submitted the application, I renewed my passport in DFA Aseana to change my surname. Because we think that it might affect the application if I wont be using my new surname. If you want get more tips, Viber me. 09955298667. I'm also from the Philippines.

Reactions: Anne16

Ro34

Sep 12, 2019
Afghanistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
2-08-2018
Doc's Request.
4-12-2018
AOR Received.
27-11-2018
File Transfer...
4-01-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Passport Req..
23-12-2019
You are past the 1 year mark so you should definitely contact your MP. In your case, they can inquire but also apply a bit of pressure for agents to finish up. Some people say they can question officers as to why it hasn't been completed within the estimated time frame. Some people even say that with an MP enquiry AFTER THE 12 MONTH MARK their app starts to get active again right away. At the very least, you would surely like to hear that they are working on it and it's just taking some time and your MP can get that done pretty quickly.
Who would be my MP ?
who should i contact too
I m from Afghanistan and my husband live in toronto canada

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

lccliff

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Richmond, BC
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
17-04-2019
File Transfer...
23-05-2019
Med's Request
09-05-2019
Med's Done....
23-05-2019
Who would be my MP ?
who should i contact too
Your husband is the one who should contact because he is the MP's constituent. You can google MP and the area he lives.

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello! I am getting married abroad next month. Can I start filling in the application now or should I wait until I have my marriage certificate?

Also, any golden tip that you guys want to share? I am browsing this forum :)

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Who would be my MP ?
who should i contact too
Dear Madam,
Would you please let me know from where have you applied and in which step are you stuck now. As if their was a missing document along with the application please inform me.
Thank you
Waiting for your kind consideration.