+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

clement52

Jan 30, 2019
On form IMM5669 it is written that by electronically typing my name i am signing this document...do i need to sign it manually also or only electronical signs will be enough ? Also i am submitting my all documents through mail
I used adobe fill and sign app.i never had to print and scan till i do the final draft

bidt04

Jan 10, 2019
Montreal
Visa Office......
Sydney
Doc's Request.
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
Hi! Our application was received for Spouse sponsorship on Sept. 27, 2018, and I just got the AOR yesterday Dec. 19th. So you are looking into few more weeks to get yours. Good luck
Any news? have you received your AOR1?

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
Hi,

I had a quick question regarding inland sponsorships. I understand that a visitor status works for both OWP and PR, but also that in order to get a visitor visa you must prove you are going to leave canada. Am I right in then assuming that I would be denied if obtaining a visitor visa for solely this purpose, as I wouldn't be leaving after applying? And if this wouldn't be possible, what would my alternatives be? We desperately wish to live together during the process.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi,

I am starting an inland PR sponsorship application. My question is: are police certificates required now or shall we wait for a request? I mean is it optional?

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Hi,

I had a quick question regarding inland sponsorships. I understand that a visitor status works for both OWP and PR, but also that in order to get a visitor visa you must prove you are going to leave canada. Am I right in then assuming that I would be denied if obtaining a visitor visa for solely this purpose, as I wouldn't be leaving after applying? And if this wouldn't be possible, what would my alternatives be? We desperately wish to live together during the process.

Thank you.
You can attach a dual intent Letter of Explanation on the TRV visa application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

They might grant you the TRV for no issues.

be aware of the risk, the CBSA officer has full discretion whether to allow the entry or not. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions on this at the POE

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
I got an email from IRCC with Application Number and UCI etc. I checked Client Application Status and it is 'In Process' and 'Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada' But according to their web (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas), the next step is 'Documentation Verified by CIC' and at that stage, the application can be returned to you if it is incomplete. So does that mean that even though I got AOR (the email) my application could still be returned if it is incomplete?? I thought they would send out AOR only after they reviewed that the documents are complete.

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi,

I am starting an inland PR sponsorship application. My question is: are police certificates required now or shall we wait for a request? I mean is it optional?
As per checklist, yes police certificates are required to be submitted along with your application package and not optional.

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hello, Has anyone received POR1 lately? and when application was received.
They received my outland application on December 5th, still no answer yet. Im starting to get worried
Hello,
Every timeline is different. AOR1 might take up between 2-3 months. Some who are lucky received theirs in a month. I received mine after almost 3 months of waiting. You are still in a normal waiting period. I hope you will receive it soon. Good luck!

ren247

Jan 31, 2019
You can attach a dual intent Letter of Explanation on the TRV visa application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

They might grant you the TRV for no issues.

be aware of the risk, the CBSA officer has full discretion whether to allow the entry or not. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions on this at the POE
Ah, that makes more sense. Thank you. I'll look more into it. Might be back to bother you guys more in the future.