AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Here what is written in my application status when I press IN PROCESS.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 27, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 6, 2018.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on November 6, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
How much time will it take to get pr??
Average processing times are 12 months so June 2019 is your target.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
seems like i cannot connect my application it always shows na application found. I have tried it several times :(
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

Reactions: Question12

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so please be patient if i ask for something that has already been answered....

I'm sponsoring my wife who is a UK citizen. She travelled to Canada on an eTA and her last entry in to canda was first week of November.

I've already filled out the application for the sponsorship. It says to submit the application for sponsorship, PR and work permit together.

1. I found the application for permanent residence; but they seem to be the same forms as the sponsorship application. Do i need to fill them out again?

2. I also want to apply for her OWP; from reading some posts on this forum I have confirmed that i need to pay fees for both a.open work permit holder and b. work permit processing fees.

3.Do i have to apply for a Temprary resident visa for her ? she's allowed to stay up to 6 months and i'll have the application submitted before that time expires.

Any help with the answering these questions and/or the application process will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Brgds

mhine8

Jan 23, 2019
hi ask ko lang po ilang weeks po ba dumadating ang mail ng medical instruction dito saten sa pilipinas?salamat po sa sasagot ^_^

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Having her family there is a positive. No one can give you odds.
Thanks a lot. I understand no one can give the odds :D.
Just wanted to see if someone had a similar case so that I get some surety. But everyone's case is different in this beautiful world!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so please be patient if i ask for something that has already been answered....

I'm sponsoring my wife who is a UK citizen. She travelled to Canada on an eTA and her last entry in to canda was first week of November.

I've already filled out the application for the sponsorship. It says to submit the application for sponsorship, PR and work permit together.

1. I found the application for permanent residence; but they seem to be the same forms as the sponsorship application. Do i need to fill them out again?

2. I also want to apply for her OWP; from reading some posts on this forum I have confirmed that i need to pay fees for both a.open work permit holder and b. work permit processing fees.

3.Do i have to apply for a Temprary resident visa for her ? she's allowed to stay up to 6 months and i'll have the application submitted before that time expires.

Any help with the answering these questions and/or the application process will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Brgds
1. The sponsorship app IS the PR app. There isn't a separate app.

3. No, she doesn't need and can't even get a TRV.

Reactions: hannan882

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
1. The sponsorship app IS the PR app. There isn't a separate app.

3. No, she doesn't need and can't even get a TRV.
Thank you very much.

So i just pay the fess for the sponsorship application, the PR fees, the work permit holder fees and the work permit processing fees along with the sponsorship application and the OWP application and we should be good? :)

Baba boi

Jan 17, 2019
Hi thank you guy's for responding to my 1st post and questions here

I have a general question now
P.s. this doesn't apply to me but for general information purposes I'll ask.

Question is
In the event a spouse sponsorship is refused based on the immigration officer believes that the marriage is not genuine and was only done for immigration status in Canada.
What can be done to further prove that such a marriage is genuine and the couple love each other?
Appeals are long and expensive
If the Canadian partner moves and lives with the foreign born spouse in the foreign spouse homeland country for a considerable amount of time and then re apply after a year or so.
Will that help convince immigration officer's that the marriage is in fact more genuine???

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
This
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
helped greatly. Received AOR today and linked my application without srress. Thanks alot

Reactions: shalenabennie

hintertuxer

Jun 7, 2018
Hi Leon,

Excellent summary. I am applying as CAD citizen living abroad (UK) to sponsor my wife so we can all move back to Canada. Our son is Canadian citizen already. You mentioned that we need to show proof of intent to move to Canada. We have started to look for jobs there (we have jobs in London, UK), started discussing schools for our son and have extensive family there which can help us settle in (parents, brothers etc). What else can we show as proof?

Many thanks,
H

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Hey guys, I had a question about the open work permit.
Is it just one form to submit with the PR package? (5710)? Or do I need to submit the change of status checklist with it? When looking at the checklist it's asking for most of the same information that would be included with my PR (marriage certificate, passport, status documents etc). So basically what do I need to do to apply for the OWP?

Ajleo12312

Oct 16, 2018
South Korea
In your post you said for Outland applications that you’ll have to send it to Mississauga.
Is everyone has to send it to Mississauga whoever applies from Outland?
Thanks!

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
In your post you said for Outland applications that you’ll have to send it to Mississauga.
Is everyone has to send it to Mississauga whoever applies from Outland?
Thanks!
not mississauga, you have to send your application to :
via mail :Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5
Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.
or
via courier: Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.