+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Good evening everyone am working on my spousal sponsership,so here's my question? On the checklist if something is not applicable should I write with a pen an say N/A because I try to type it and it can't work

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi there,
I got married on December 29, 2018 in India and came back to Canada on January 20, 2019.
So my question is in Checklist IMM 5533e > question 7 (Proof of Relationship to Sponsor) what option should i choose.
Option a) Are you and your spouse currently living together? Yes or No

We lived together at my India's residence from December 29th until January 19th and within that time we were able to open an Joint Bank account, Get her passport address changed, got government issued ID with my name and address on it. However, since i'm not with her right now i was going to send our chat logs since we started talking and other correspondences.

Please advise should i check both Yes and No and provide documents to support both?

Thanks in advance!

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Good evening everyone am working on my spousal sponsership,so here's my question? On the checklist if something is not applicable should I write with a pen an say N/A because I try to type it and it can't work
Yes, write N/A with the black pen, either right next to the box or underneath it, make sure it's readable.

Reactions: Surexistence

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi there,
I got married on December 29, 2018 in India and came back to Canada on January 20, 2019.
So my question is in Checklist IMM 5533e > question 7 (Proof of Relationship to Sponsor) what option should i choose.
Option a) Are you and your spouse currently living together? Yes or No

We lived together at my India's residence from December 29th until January 19th and within that time we were able to open an Joint Bank account, Get her passport address changed, got government issued ID with my name and address on it. However, since i'm not with her right now i was going to send our chat logs since we started talking and other correspondences.

Please advise should i check both Yes and No and provide documents to support both?

Thanks in advance!

The answer is no. You are not CURRENTLY living together. It will ask why and then you can provide this explanation

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
The answer is no. You are not CURRENTLY living together. It will ask why and then you can provide this explanation
Do i still provide copy of our Joint Bank account and Government Issued ID showing her as my spouse and our same addresses?

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
On the check list they are going to ask for all of that so yes you must provide copy of those
There documents were only asked in a question No. 7 when you select "Yes", in a checklist? This is really confusing.

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Hello, this is my case:

I've been in Canada for 4 years. My last status was as a worker, however, when I tried to renew it, it got refused. I applied under a bridge work permit as my previous lawyer suggested because I was hoping to get invited by the EE. I applied to restore my status a Visitor and I'm still waiting for a response.

My partner and I got married at the beginning of January 2019 and we are waiting to get the marriage certificate to apply under the Spouse Inland. I know that I will have to see a lawyer with more expertise about this topic, but do you think that refusal could affect my future application?

Another thing, we have been dating for 3 years and living together for 10 months. Do the letters from family and friends need to be certified?
Finally, after sorting out my visitor visa, and I send my spouse application with my WP application, do I need to extend as a visitor while waiting for a response to the WP since my visitor application was requested for 3 months?

Thanks!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello, this is my case:

I've been in Canada for 4 years. My last status was as a worker, however, when I tried to renew it, it got refused. I applied under a bridge work permit as my previous lawyer suggested because I was hoping to get invited by the EE. I applied to restore my status a Visitor and I'm still waiting for a response.

My partner and I got married at the beginning of January 2019 and we are waiting to get the marriage certificate to apply under the Spouse Inland. I know that I will have to see a lawyer with more expertise about this topic, but do you think that refusal could affect my future application?

Another thing, we have been dating for 3 years and living together for 10 months. Do the letters from family and friends need to be certified?
Finally, after sorting out my visitor visa, and I send my spouse application with my WP application, do I need to extend as a visitor while waiting for a response to the WP since my visitor application was requested for 3 months?

Thanks!
You generally don't need lawyers for this. Only rare complicated cases benefit from professional help, it's usually a waste of money for the rest.

You previous extension refusal will not affect your PR application. You don't need to certify the letters.

As for visitor extension, it depends on how much visitor status you have left when you apply for the OWP.

issaclgs

Jan 22, 2019

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your input.
I'm worried because we wont be able to do the ceremonies at this time and I need to sponsor her ASAP as her US visa is expiring soon.
That's why we decided to have a quick court marriage to get the marriage certificate. However, the court marriage is going to be with her parents and relatives as witnesses. Will that help somehow?
We can provide proof of our relationship - photos & chats spanning last 4-5 years, photos with parents etc.

What are the odds based on this?
Having her family there is a positive. No one can give you odds.

Arif shan

Oct 26, 2017
Here what is written in my application status when I press IN PROCESS.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 27, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 6, 2018.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on November 6, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
How much time will it take to get pr??

Reactions: OutlandeuropePa