+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fanon76

Dec 19, 2018
I appreciate if you help me with this question too.. my girlfriend's visitor visa will end one month later, but we are planning to get married 2 month later(after more than a year relationship). Can she apply for her visitor visa extension and while it is processing we get married and she goes back to her country afterwards before getting her extension result?(only for being here legally while we are marring.) Then I apply for outland spouse sponsorship? We consulted a lawyer and he said most likely her visa extension will be refused. So she just want to have an implied status here to get married, then leave the country to wait for the sponsorship result. And one of my concerns has always been about 3 years sponsorship and the money I have to pay if she cannot work.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
During the 3 years sponsorship, if the relationship breaks down, the sponsor should pay for his spouse until the 3 years end?
Even if the relationship ends, the sponsor is still responsible for the applicant until the 3cyesr
During the 3 years sponsorship, if the relationship breaks down, the sponsor should pay for his spouse until the 3 years end?
You are still financially responsible even if:

Your relationship with the person you sponsored changes (for example, divorce or separation).
The person you sponsored becomes a Canadian citizen.
Your financial situation gets worse (for example, job loss or debt).
You sent us a request to withdraw your sponsorship application and we received it after the person you sponsored has become a permanent resident. For the full 3 years

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I appreciate if you help me with this question too.. my girlfriend's visitor visa will end one month later, but we are planning to get married 2 month later(after more than a year relationship). Can she apply for her visitor visa extension and while it is processing we get married and she goes back to her country afterwards before getting her extension result?(only for being here legally while we are marring.) Then I apply for outland spouse sponsorship? We consulted a lawyer and he said most likely her visa extension will be refused. So she just want to have an implied status here to get married, then leave the country to wait for the sponsorship result. And one of my concerns has always been about 3 years sponsorship and the money I have to pay if she cannot work.

• Your relationship with the person you sponsored changes (for example, divorce or separation).
  • The person you sponsored becomes a Canadian citizen.
  • Your financial situation gets worse (for example, job loss or debt).
  • You sent us a request to withdraw your sponsorship application and we received it after the person you sponsored has become a permanent resident.

fanon76

Dec 19, 2018

• Your relationship with the person you sponsored changes (for example, divorce or separation).
  • The person you sponsored becomes a Canadian citizen.
  • Your financial situation gets worse (for example, job loss or debt).
  • You sent us a request to withdraw your sponsorship application and we received it after the person you sponsored has become a permanent resident.
thanks for your respond. but if she works during the 3 years I don't have to pay to her, right? and could you please guide me for the first part of my question too? about my girlfriend visa extension for our marriage..

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
singleman thx for heping but i think those question for some one going immigration of job not sponsorship i was told that they will ask me about my wife and our relationship.....can u please explain to me more ??
They going to ask tons of questions about your relationship.
They received my file on September 4, 2018. Can you tell me how long shall i wait for the whole processing time?
Processing time for spouse sponsorship is around 12 months. They will send request for medical around 6 months in.

SamAqeel

Dec 20, 2018
Hi,

I would like to ask for your help.

My husband (who is a Canadian citizen) submitted spouse visa on dated Oct 24, 2018 but still no response from cic What we can do? How long it will take time?