canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if IRCC finds any documents missing or any signatures missing do they send back the PR application immediately or it would take couple of months?

Thank You,
Ritvik
Hi

It takes a few months.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if IRCC finds any documents missing or any signatures missing do they send back the PR application immediately or it would take couple of months?

Thank You,
Ritvik
It depends. Our file had a signature missing early JUNE, we waited 2 months to find by telephoning them that "we have sent your whole package back" as wife did not sign besides a TYPED thing in a box "BY TYPING MY NAME HERE I UNDERTAKE IT IS SAME AS SIGNING" was very confusing so w/o reading the Guide which asks to sign as well and form is pretty much confusing she did not sign that part, I think was Schedule A . So whole package was coming back in 2 months. We had to re-apply on New version of forms and to the new location Sydney. Conclusion: They do return whole package if find any UNSIGNED form. I suggest they should add words "MUST also sign in ink beside TYPING your NAME" right on the form rather than guide which was OK..

Reactions: shalenabennie

manisk1981

Apr 10, 2018
canada
Category........
FAM
HI all,

When I first joined this forum, I planned to sponsor my then boyfriend through the conjugal route. Most of you advised that it was difficult since I have to prove significant barriers stopping us from being together. our relationship has since developed and is strong and solidified that we have both genuinely agreed to marry. I planned to travel this past September to get married but found out that the local SA government has changed its laws regarding foreign weddings: it is required that the foreigner spend 1 month in South Africa before being eligible to do a civil union. It sucked because I have small kids and can't travel with them for a month and work won't allow the length.
We have decided to both travel to another country where they'll accept foreigners (non residents) to marry at a version of City Hall. Coincidently, he will be travelling to Italy in the next 3 months for a month stay, which will benefit us.
I did my homework of contacting the Italian embassy here to ask questions, they referred me to the Canadian embassy in Rome for more info. CAD embassy sent a detailed email of all the requirements needed to have the union performed: i can submit the application for the statement of non-impediment from here, which is processed and sent back to me prior to travelling. Once there, I'll bring it to the city hall in Rome for validation and get approved for the ceremony... SO that was a relief.

As for the content of our relationship, I have the following:
  • plane ticket, airbnb stay, personal pictures of us, including with his siblings
  • phone records, chats
  • financial assistance receipts (both ways)
  • pictures of my visit to his parents in our native country this year
  • letters from friends attesting our relationship
  • ** my concern is that our relationship is not published on social media for many reasons: my being private people, not seeing its importance, and not wanting certain people in my business.
My questions are as follows:

• Do I have to explain why I wasn't able to visit him this year? if yes, where exactly in the application?
  • are there threads for the QC portion to know more details?
  • because he is in South Africa on a working visa, will our file be treated there or in his country of birth (DRC)?
  • can I also have the link for the processing times in the Pretoria Visa Office that will treat our file?
  • will the social media absence raise concerns for the officer treating my file?

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Hi can someone please help me!

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from Sri Lanka.

Application received: October 25th, 2018 (according to Canada Post).

I still need to pay my biometrics fee, but I haven't received an email from them. I'm a little worried that I haven't heard back at all since I mailed in the application. Is this normal?

Thank you!

that90sguy

Star Member
Oct 25, 2018

I still need to pay my biometrics fee, but I haven't received an email from them. I'm a little worried that I haven't heard back at all since I mailed in the application. Is this normal?

Thank you!
Completely normal. You can expect something in January.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021

Thank you!
They NEVER forget to ask for fees :) As soon as they start working on your file you will be asked missing fees as they have 4 many many applicants.
You may have to wait more for AOR1 i;e 1st acknowledgement. It took 180 days for 1 , and few are waiting over 100 days already but no AOR1 yet. Took 70 days for ours. Merry X-mas

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
Hello everyone,

Thank You,
Ritvik
We did not sign that form but when I find this out I sent the signed from by web form, they accepted it. So, I would suggest you should try this when you are sending the web form make sure you write details about PA and Sponsor in the description box as well i.e: PA & Sponspr Full Name, email, phone DOB, Temporary/ Prospective Application no.(call cic and try to get this), passport no's, UCI for the sponsor and for PA (if you have any).

Reactions: singleman

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
We did not sign that form but when I find this out I sent the signed from by web form, they accepted it. So, I would suggest you should try this when you are sending the web form make sure you write details about PA and Sponsor in the description box as well i.e: PA & Sponspr Full Name, email, phone DOB, Temporary/ Prospective Application no.(call cic and try to get this), passport no's, UCI for the sponsor and for PA (if you have any).
How did you sent it by web? Any email address or anything? Cause I've done the same because was requesting only the name

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
It depends. Our file had a signature missing early JUNE, we waited 2 months to find by telephoning them that "we have sent your whole package back" as wife did not sign besides a TYPED thing in a box "BY TYPING MY NAME HERE I UNDERTAKE IT IS SAME AS SIGNING" was very confusing so w/o reading the Guide which asks to sign as well and form is pretty much confusing she did not sign that part, I think was Schedule A . So whole package was coming back in 2 months. We had to re-apply on New version of forms and to the new location Sydney. Conclusion: They do return whole package if find any UNSIGNED form. I suggest they should add words "MUST also sign in ink beside TYPING your NAME" right on the form rather than guide which was OK..
Thank You for your reply and sorry to hear about your case. I have actually not missed out any information on any forms as per my knowledge but just wanted to know the consequences of any missing information.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thank You for your reply and sorry to hear about your case. I have actually not missed out any information on any forms as per my knowledge but just wanted to know the consequences of any missing information.
NO probs. If whole file was to be returned back or not ? At least this can be confirmed by phoning And it should not be returned after 3-4 months. You look like OK

lotuss

Dec 17, 2018
So for an inland app i live in the US my spouse in Canada do i need a visa of some sort in order to stay long term while we put an application in or would i be able to just move up there and put the application if after im there, I know all i need is a passport to go into canada i have done that several times just not sure if i need anything specific for a long term stay while we do it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So for an inland app i live in the US my spouse in Canada do i need a visa of some sort in order to stay long term while we put an application in or would i be able to just move up there and put the application if after im there, I know all i need is a passport to go into canada i have done that several times just not sure if i need anything specific for a long term stay while we do it
You will get implied status after you have received AOR. For inland applications you must remain in Canada. When you enter Canada you are given a 6 month stay unless otherwise specified or written in your passport. The only risk is that if you miss something on the application and it gets sent back you lose your implied status so it would be best to fill out the application soon after your arrival in Canada. You also have the option of extending your visitor status 30 days before visitor status expires. You should apply for an OWP at the same time as your inland sponsorship.