+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi, I have a question.
As I am going to apply for sponsorship as soon as I land as a PR, there can't be many proof of contact or visits between us. However I do have other documentary proofs of relationship such as rental agreement of cohabitation in home country as well as text messages exchanged before landing.
Will that be enough along with an explanation?
Thanks in advance

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hi, I have a question.
As I am going to apply for sponsorship as soon as I land as a PR, there can't be many proof of contact or visits between us. However I do have other documentary proofs of relationship such as rental agreement of cohabitation in home country as well as text messages exchanged before landing.
Thanks in advance
Not sure I am understanding you correctly. So, you are going to be a Canadian PR and you are planning to sponsor someone else under the family class after you land? If so, you MUST declare this person on your application BEFORE you land or they will be forever excluded from being sponsored by you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have a question.
Thanks in advance
Hi

Follow the checklist. As you have been living together, the lack of visits/contact is not an issue.

Reactions: metabug

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not sure I am understanding you correctly. So, you are going to be a Canadian PR and you are planning to sponsor someone else under the family class after you land? If so, you MUST declare this person on your application BEFORE you land or they will be forever excluded from being sponsored by you.
The poster's spouse was included as non-accompanying.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018

ora.8788

Dec 2, 2018
It seems they are having doubts in requards to the genuineness of the relationship. To prevent rejection, and then everything that they ask for. I realize you sent lots, but there's something that is bothering them that they need clarification on. Just send what they want and inshallah, it will be good. I had my translations done in Saudi and yes, they asked for certified translation.
Is that OK, to get translations from here in Canada?

metabug

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Yes I have!

cecexpressentry

Dec 6, 2017
Hi,

I have a question regarding the GIven name. For the people who don't have the Family name and have only the Given name should mention their given name in the family name place and leave Given name Blank or should I mention "NA"?

I have checked CIC website, it says to leave it blank http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4 and

On Guide 5525 it says write 'NA'. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#spouse

Can you guys please help me out. Thanks

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi,

I have a question regarding the GIven name. For the people who don't have the Family name and have only the Given name should mention their given name in the family name place and leave Given name Blank or should I mention "NA"?

I have checked CIC website, it says to leave it blank http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4 and

On Guide 5525 it says write 'NA'. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#spouse

Can you guys please help me out. Thanks
Given name is your first name. Family name is your last name.