7. Medical submitted OCT23
  8. Medical passed OCT29?
  9. Transfer to CPC-M OCT29
  10. Csq requested NOV5
  11. File transfer notice to ankara NOV12
  12. Confirmation about csq NOV12
  13. File sent to ankara NOV16
  14. CSQ received NOV26
Hello, this is my time , from your experience , how long is left for us?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not sure if anyone's run across this before, but if you have, please let me know.

My medical was ordered on October 23rd. I called the approved doctor who is in town and the earliest they could get me in was November 22nd--30 days exactly from the date of the letter. Due to my location in BC, the closest other options were at least a 4 hour drive away, and since we only have 1 vehicle, the choice was pretty obvious--I'd just have to take the appointment on the 30th day.

I completed my medical on the 22nd, and somewhere around that date my status updated to "Background check in progress" (I admit, I'm not a daily checker of my application now that I've gotten my work permit). Because he had to wait for the results of my chest x-ray and bodily fluids tests, the doctor said he wouldn't be able to upload the results for about a week.

I've been logging in to my account this week to see if I passed and the Medical Exam line has gone from "We have not received your medical exam results....." back to "Review of medical results. We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details."

Is it safe to not panic until the end of the week? Or should I be trying to contact IRCC (somehow?) and let them know I had the medical exam, the results just aren't in yet?

Also, my request for fingerprints was sent on October 29th. I had them done on November 19th, and the local RCMP said they'll mail me the results, then I can mail them to IRCC. Is IRCC being forgiving at all about deadlines with the postal strike going on? Or am I kind of screwed? I mean, if I have the requests completed before 30 days are up, I'm still meeting the deadline, it's just the processing that takes longer. Ugh.
As long as you advise IRCC of any delays, they are pretty easygoing about allowing extra time.

JackMa

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
My wife (Sponsor) got pregnant after my PR application submission. Does it mandatory to update CIC about this? How to update them?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
My wife (Sponsor) got pregnant after my PR application submission. Does it mandatory to update CIC about this? How to update them?
When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

You can also update them via ircc webform:)

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMa and mel406

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Not sure if anyone's run across this before, but if you have, please let me know.

My medical was ordered on October 23rd. I called the approved doctor who is in town and the earliest they could get me in was November 22nd--30 days exactly from the date of the letter. Due to my location in BC, the closest other options were at least a 4 hour drive away, and since we only have 1 vehicle, the choice was pretty obvious--I'd just have to take the appointment on the 30th day.

I completed my medical on the 22nd, and somewhere around that date my status updated to "Background check in progress" (I admit, I'm not a daily checker of my application now that I've gotten my work permit). Because he had to wait for the results of my chest x-ray and bodily fluids tests, the doctor said he wouldn't be able to upload the results for about a week.

I've been logging in to my account this week to see if I passed and the Medical Exam line has gone from "We have not received your medical exam results....." back to "Review of medical results. We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details."

Is it safe to not panic until the end of the week? Or should I be trying to contact IRCC (somehow?) and let them know I had the medical exam, the results just aren't in yet?

Also, my request for fingerprints was sent on October 29th. I had them done on November 19th, and the local RCMP said they'll mail me the results, then I can mail them to IRCC. Is IRCC being forgiving at all about deadlines with the postal strike going on? Or am I kind of screwed? I mean, if I have the requests completed before 30 days are up, I'm still meeting the deadline, it's just the processing that takes longer. Ugh.
It took 3 months for us to get police certificates when we were given 30 days to submit .. I just emailed our office to let them know and they had no issues. They're pretty understanding :)

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

You can also update them via ircc webform:)
You only need to inform them after child birth.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

I had recently submitted an application for my wife's PR (in-land) while she is here for a visit. The application was returned because we did not attach her birth certificate. Her visa expires on Dec 21, 2018, and I'm applying for an extension on Nov 30th, 2018.

1 - I will be submitting her application with the birth certificate on Nov 30th. At the same time, can I send the visa extension application, stating that my wife has the (in-land) application in process?

2 - There is a Form 5049 on the extension document checklist, is it still required if I am providing the marriage certificate?

3 - Her Police Certificate have expired 2 days before she entered Canada, I have provided an explanation in this regard and we were not able to get a new police certificate since she is not living in her home country at the moment, is that going to be a problem?

4- I'm applying for an extension, if I don't hear back before 21st, can my wife remain in Canada until we get the AOR or the extension, whichever comes first?

Please provide any assistance that can help us. :(

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Hi,

I had recently submitted an application for my wife's PR (in-land) while she is here for a visit. The application was returned because we did not attach her birth certificate. Her visa expires on Dec 21, 2018, and I'm applying for an extension on Nov 30th, 2018.

1 - I will be submitting her application with the birth certificate on Nov 30th. At the same time, can I send the visa extension application, stating that my wife has the (in-land) application in process?

2 - There is a Form 5049 on the extension document checklist, is it still required if I am providing the marriage certificate?

3 - Her Police Certificate have expired 2 days before she entered Canada, I have provided an explanation in this regard and we were not able to get a new police certificate since she is not living in her home country at the moment, is that going to be a problem?

4- I'm applying for an extension, if I don't hear back before 21st, can my wife remain in Canada until we get the AOR or the extension, whichever comes first?

Talk to your country's consulate in your city for pcc. They can issue it from here as well.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi,

In Canada RCMP does not write an expiry date on PCC or Criminal Record, they say guy is OK up to the time we stamped, a person can commit a crime after that date anytime . It sounds right too.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
In Canada RCMP does not write an expiry date on PCC or Criminal Record, they say guy is OK up to the time we stamped, a person can commit a crime after that date anytime . It sounds right too.
If a person has not lived in Canada for at least 6 months, you do not need a PCC from Canada. I was referring to the one from my home country for my wife.

Reactions: singleman