+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

halil

Mar 24, 2015
I am confused , i have received letter to avail free pre arrival service invitation before having a COPR Yet IMM5801E

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello,

I am getting married soon. I wanted to know what documents and proofs do i need to submit along with the application. What are the preferred documents that i should submit.

Waterboy23

Apr 9, 2018
Hello all, I have applied for PR under Common Law Sponsorship program and is approved as a principal applicant stage and I wanted to travel outside Canada and return 45 days prior my PGWP and travel visa expires. So will I have any problem entering the country?and am I eligible to apply for any work permit? If Yes what type of WP
Thanks

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
Hello,

I am getting married soon. I wanted to know what documents and proofs do i need to submit along with the application. What are the preferred documents that i should submit.
Go to cic website and download the complete application guidelines. There are a lot of documents you have to submit to prove your relationship. So take your time and work through the complete guide on the website. Good luck

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
I am confused , i have received letter to avail free pre arrival service invitation before having a COPR Yet IMM5801E
Dont be confused. Thats good news. Many applicants got this just a few weeks to their PPR so you should be happy! Youre almost there!

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys just to give you an update
AOR 9TH UNE 2017

Since yesterday its saying on the cic website : we started processing xxxxxxxxxx application on april 9 2018

good news ? do you know how many times they need now to finish it ?

thanks

Apr 10, 2018
Hey everyone! I’m wondering if you can help me figure out a few things:
- So my fiancé (from NZ) was on a holiday work visa for 2 years here in Vancouver it expired Feb 17th, she’s now back at home.
- We’re getting married in NZ on June 9th then flying to Canada together on June 13th (we also have a Canadian reception booked for the 23rd)
- We then are flying to Mexico for our honeymoon on June 25th and are returning together in Vancouver on July 2nd
- The end goal is for her to live with me here while we send in the sponsorship application + open work permit application

So my questions are:

- How do we approach this with the immigration officers each time she comes off the plane rides and into Vancouver?
- is it easier for her to just say she’s visiting family? And have a refundable return flight to NZ booked to keep the officer happy?
- And they give a date that she must leave the country correct? So does applying for the spousal application over ride this once it’s submitted?
- Or is it better to tell the officer that she just married a Canadian and plans to do the said applications?

Thanks for helping!! I’m trying to absorb all of this info best I can:)

- Cheers

thakkarc

Jun 7, 2016
Hello All,
I had a rejection for my spouse on outland application because I did not had enough paper for divorce from my ex. Which apparently i found out after i got asked about it during my spousal application. My first marriage was in India and i did not did any application for PR for my ex.
Now after rejection I applied inland as my wife was on TRV(luckily) after 8 months (it took that long to get proper document back home unfortunately) in Oct/2018 after remarrying here. wondering if it will be alright this time that we married again after i got divorce properly as per law back home.
any thoughts?

missdiz

Mar 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

For Schedule A, I answered "No' on the question "been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa, or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or other country". I was denied on a "WORKING VISA" (not on the list) in the US 2 years ago. Can someone confirm if I ticked "No" correctly as that was a WORKING VISA?

YousifBreesam

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Pleeease reply to me if you have any answers cuz I'm sick of waiting and checking my email every snigle minute.

My wife is a PR in canada. And I'm a convention refugee in Canada as well. We're May 11 2017 applicant. Done medicals, Schedule A, and police checks. What are we waiting for next.

My timeline is
1. Application received in May 11, 2017
2. Medical tests have been received
3. We sent correspondence on Mar. 14, 2018 ......

What's next? It's almost 12 months and I feel like there is a lot more work to do!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

For Schedule A, I answered "No' on the question "been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa, or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada or other country". I was denied on a "WORKING VISA" (not on the list) in the US 2 years ago. Can someone confirm if I ticked "No" correctly as that was a WORKING VISA?
You most definitely needed to tick "Yes". It is a "temporary resident visa". You need to update IRCC ASAP, as this is very serious.

maan1947

Sep 14, 2017
I am sponsoring my spouse under family class sponsorship. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with these question, thank you.

* Regarding Imm 5669 Form, personal history section

Q.1 My Husband (Principal Applicant) has been working for the same Employer since 2011 but He changed a few locations during that period. My question is, “does he have to give all location addresses under the ‘personal history’ section of ‘imm 5669’ form”?

* Regarding Imm 5669 form, address history section

Q.2 During the job period of my husband (Principal Applicant), his permanent address was always the same but he lived at various places; Should he write only permanent address under the ‘Address history’ section of ‘imm 5669’ form?

he can’t provide street name and street no. since most of the time he lived rural area of India. In these rural areas, there are only ward no. and postman along with most of the people knows everyone by face. The quagmire is that these fields are mandatory and one cannot validate the form without filling these data.

* Regarding Imm 5532 form, address history section

Q.3 I (sponsor) once lived in a ‘Transition house’, there was a guideline that one should not publicly disclose the address of the transition house. My question is, “do I have to provide the address”?

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hello appmates, question to anyone who can reply.

I am going to sponsor my current wife thru outland Canada

I am divorced and my ex is PR here, as well as me. We landed as a family 5 years ago and lived here since then.

Divorce and second marriage took place back in my previous country and I have all documents.

Question is - will CPC accept my foreign divorce and marriage or I have to get divorced here in Canada? Thanks