xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
jryan said:
hey guys...my wife just received an email saying they have begun processing her permanent residence application but is asking for the right of permanent residence fee if it hasnt been paid for yet. i cant remember if i have already paid for it and the receipt i have doesnt specify if i have.

can anyone give me some advice?
Do you have receipt from your initial application fees?
Break down can be found here for the fees: http://www.immigration.ca/en/canada-government-immigration-fees.html
At the time of payment you have the option to pay all in full $1040 or partially. Check and see if you paid it according to your receipt.

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
I don't believe I've ever seen a DNA request for a Canadian child. Generally, DNA tests are required when the child needs to be sponsored and there isn't strong relationship proof or the child's documents are suspected to be fake. People have falsified documents to try to include nieces/nephews/cousins etc. as their own children in their apps.
Thank you for shedding the light on this. It just popped into my head this afternoon. ...

jryan

Sep 19, 2016
SL_chica said:
Do you have receipt from your initial application fees?
Break down can be found here for the fees: immigration.ca/en/canada-government-immigration-fees.html
At the time of payment you have the option to pay all in full $1040 or partially. Check and see if you paid it according to your receipt.
my total is $1040 so i should have paid for it right? kind of stressing out right now thinking if i did or not..they should show the break down of what you have paid for on the receipt

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Spousal sponsorship (Need Advice, Emergency)

southbaysteeze said:
I drove across the border into Washington and back into Canada to renew my status because you have to be in good standing when applying as I read and inquired about.

I also explained to the CBSA Officer that I was applying for the Inland Spousal Sponsorship with the Open Work Permit but still issued a one month visa anyways. I'm sure he did not understand Citizen and Immigration Canada applications which I assumed that he would.

What kind of advice would give being in this stressful situation? I don't want to leave Canada and be apart from my wife, but I would rather not spend around $800 just to take a chance and send it out before my expiry if the end result is the same (having to leave the country). ??? ???
Not quite sure what you mean by "good standing". Were you out of status? If you had valid status, you were fine.

CBSA operates by a completely different set of rules than IRCC. It doesn't matter that you told him that you were applying for PR. He most likely had issues with you trying to live in Canada without actually having the right to do so.

The best advice is to APPLY OUTLAND. American apps are processed in about 6 months, whereas inland apps can take up to 2 years or more. You can be in Canada while an outland app processes. Apply online to extend to your stay as a visitor; pay the PR fees in full (which is $1040) and include the receipt in the extension app.

Oct 20, 2016
Re: Spousal sponsorship (Need Advice, Emergency)

Hi and thank you for the prompt response,

Let me try and clarify it. I initially had an extension and forgot about when it expired. I've been in Vancouver since February 2015 having valid status the whole time till the obviously the last day of my extension to stay as a visitor. I realized I was out of status, after my wife and I decided we wanted to do the inland application. The only way to be eligible to apply is if you have valid status. One way to do that is cross the border for 24 hours and when returning you initially, without any problems are granted maximum 6 months. Which I have had twice since being here since 2015.

The issue wasn't being out status that got me a one month visitor visa, it was my wife who was going through an appeal months before, and the appeal was allowed for renewing her permanent resident card and it wasn't updated into the system, so she had to drive to the border with the letter from IRB stating as such to allow back in.

So now I have valid status for one month, 2 and half weeks ago but just finished gathering all the documents and have the applications signed and ready to go but now only have a week left. Is Outland still the best option?

Thank you again.

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Jeff243 said:
I am about to send my application to sponsor my wife, to come live with me in Canada, we married in 2010, since then we have lived together outside Canada, now we are in 2016 and would like to go back to Canada next year, we have 2 children born outside Canada but have all their canadian papers. How much proof of a legitimate relationship do I have to show; we are legally married and have all the papers, we married in 2010
Hi, I see your question went under the radar. I'll do my best to answer it because your situation is very similar to mine.

We've been living together outside Canada since 2007. We married in 2008. We have 2 children born outside Canada but have all their Canadian papers. OK. Here's what we did and the documents we provided (in no particular order):

• Marriage certificate (translated according to CIC specifications: an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
    a certified copy of the original document)
  • Family Record Book (certified copy of all pertinent pages)
  • Enough proofs that we're both employed, financially independent and "stable" (it's not a must or a requirement, but it is supposed to help!)
  • Proof of children Canadian citizenship
  • Signed affidavit of our intent to come back to Canada after wife's PR
  • Certified copy of our joint mortgage and purchase agreements relating to the residence in which we both live
  • A proof of a joint bank account (and a common credit card)
  • A proof of life insurance on each of us which names the other as a beneficiary

Now, one of the most important/tricky form is Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490). Pay special attention to (and give as much detail as possible) to questions Q6, Q9, Q14/15, Q19, and Q24 (but not limited to)(Follow CIC's advice: If insufficient space, use a separate sheet of paper.). Do your homework, take your time, dig in your souvenirs/memories and family albums for important facts, and put emphasis on quality over quantity. Provide enough photos: 15 to 20 ideally for each stage of your relationship and family life:

• Q9: Before your wedding, when you met, dated, travels and trips together, etc. And of course, if available, evidence of events or activities in which you both participated.
  • Q14/15: Pictures of any formal ceremony to celebrate your engagement and/or your marriage. Give as much detail as possible: When and where the proposal/ceremony take place, date, details on number of attendees, identification of attendees, family ties, relatives present, etc.
  • Q19: Pictures and details about your honeymoon (when, where, pictures, etc.)
  • Q24: Prove to CIC that you're living together, as a couple and as a family, like providing a couple of typical family pictures of each year (since 2010 in your case till 2016)

Hope it helps!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jryan said:
my total is $1040 so i should have paid for it right? kind of stressing out right now thinking if i did or not..they should show the break down of what you have paid for on the receipt
Yep. you paid all the Fees .

Nanami

Jul 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
tigermilo said:
The mail that you and your partner receive don't have to have both your names on it but you can show mail that you receive separate from mail that your partner receives but the address should be the same. As for not talking on the phone you can take screenshots of your iMessages as far back as you can go even if it's time consuming it's better than nothing. You can also include photos of both of you together and with any family or friends.
Thank You. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
southbaysteeze said:
I realized I was out of status, after my wife and I decided we wanted to do the inland application. The only way to be eligible to apply is if you have valid status. One way to do that is cross the border for 24 hours and when returning you initially, without any problems are granted maximum 6 months. Which I have had twice since being here since 2015.

The issue wasn't being out status that got me a one month visitor visa, it was my wife who was going through an appeal months before, and the appeal was allowed for renewing her permanent resident card and it wasn't updated into the system, so she had to drive to the border with the letter from IRB stating as such to allow back in.

So now I have valid status for one month, 2 and half weeks ago but just finished gathering all the documents and have the applications signed and ready to go but now only have a week left. Is Outland still the best option?
Border runs can always be a risk. Regardless of the reason, CBSA was allowed to issue you a short stay.

You will not find anyone on this forum who will advise an American to apply inland. Outland is pretty much always the better option. There is no work permit option but most Americans are processed by 6 months.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
tigermilo said:
Hi, my company uses their own format in which they write all official documents and/notices. It's pretty much their logo on the top left corner, company name, address, and phone number in the top right corner, and a header that says "This letter is to confirm ______'s employment". The letter is just a few sentences long saying "______ is in the position of ______. She began working here in _______. She works ______ days a week and receives $___/hour. If you have any questions please contact me." Then it has my supervisor's signature.
Thank you so much. This is helpfull.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Hi all, I have gathered all the document for my application to sponsor my wife.

I have few questions that would help me in completing my forms, hope if someone can help me with this.

1. Family Name - In my wife passport, she has only given name. Family name does not exists in her case.
What should I need to enter here, it is mandatory.
2. Date of Permanent Residence - Do i need to enter my date of entry in Canada. I don't see any date in my CORP letter.
3. Date of Marriage - We had traditional marriage on 10-Sep, however, while registering marriage at registrar, it got registered on 7th-Oct. What date do i need to enter throughout the forms. Traditional marriage date (invitation date) or Registered marriage date (marriage certificate).

c4luu

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello hello,

When the PPR says we must have proof of settlement funds from my husband, the Principal Applicant upon arrival in Canada, how much is required?

Is there a minimum at that point (even though there was no minimum income for the application)?

Can he have his money in cash instead of the bank?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
c4luu said:
When the PPR says we must have proof of settlement funds from my husband, the Principal Applicant upon arrival in Canada, how much is required?

Is there a minimum at that point (even though there was no minimum income for the application)?

Proof of funds is not a requirement for spousal apps. What exactly did the letter say?

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
c4luu said:
Hello hello,

Weren't you asked for proof of paid RPRF? That's not the same as settlement funds. RPRF is Right of Permanent Residence Fee.