+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
After reviewing various court cases it appears as though 3 years and 3 months in background checks is excessive and makes a good case for mandamus. I know my case is a little unusual but all checks have been done including csis screening(twice!). My file was ready for decision and then transferred to backlog!. Im quite sure the Judge wont be all that sympathetic towards CIC, since i know there are no more issues as stated by my case notes!. Still might wait till March or February to file...Thoughts?

vickycs

Oct 14, 2015
Hi,
I am a PR and want to sponsor OUTLAND PR for my wife. I recently applied her visitor visa but I didn't mention she was employed for past 6 years.
I just put "homemaker" from 2009 till date. She is actually on LWP for coming 1 year. The visitor visa got rejected for the common reason that they don't believe she will go back after proposed stay.

Now I am filing her PR and want to know if I should mention about her employment or it would be considered as misrepresentation on the previous application.

Please guide.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
vickycs said:
Hi,
I am a PR and want to sponsor OUTLAND PR for my wife. I recently applied her visitor visa but I didn't mention she was employed for past 6 years.
I just put "homemaker" from 2009 till date. She is actually on LWP for coming 1 year. The visitor visa got rejected for the common reason that they don't believe she will go back after proposed stay.

Now I am filing her PR and want to know if I should mention about her employment or it would be considered as misrepresentation on the previous application.

Please guide.
Once any file is submitted to CIC for TRV or PR, it is in their records in GCMS. therefore you must take care of it. but if u want to mention her experience, which is not giving you marks or points in case of spousal PR application, I will suggest just put her now in the job and leave the rest (previous).

If you still want to mention then write a separate note and mention that it was your mistake and you have forget to mention this job detail, so that it would be avoided from misrepresentation.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
vickycs said:
Hi,

Please guide.
It's much better to admit to the error over lying in any way. Continuing to lie won't help your case. But, why did you put her as "homemaker" in the first place if that was not the case? If anything her job would have helped her visa application. Also, what is LWP? Something work permit?

vickycs

Oct 14, 2015
Hi,
you are right , it would have actually helped the visitor visa but I was in hurry and my wife indicated that it might be difficult to get a Non objection certificate or leave approval for the duration from her employer as she abruptly left the Job just before marriage(thinking that she will get the visa anyway and go to Canada after marriage) and did not complete the separation process of the company.
So she neither has a relieving letter from the company nor a leave approval...she just informed them over phone and email(that she want a long term leave for 1 year)...she got no formal reply and they got pissed off.

All that she has is her pay stubs, appointment letter, promotion letter, bank statement showing salary deposit from 2009 till April 2015.

Can you please suggest how should I proceed with filing PR considering that I want to re-apply for her visitor visa after I am approved as sponsor and want to show her strong ties to the country although she is not employed anymore.

Thanks!

Emmjay

Aug 29, 2015
Hi , relatively new to this forum. but my queries pushed me to find a place where i might get some guidance.

I live in UAE and my wife is canadian citizen who applied my case in Oct 2012. dont know why it went to Islamabad for processing.
anyhow it took long time for an update. i was asked on Nov 4th this year to provide documentary proof that I will reside in Canada whenever my PR is provided to me. I was given 30 days of time to provide the documents. I was preparing whatever was asked, but to my SHOCK an update came to my representative on 17th Nov which stated that a decision has been made and my case is DENIED as the documentary proof i provided were not sufficient enough. they are satisfied with the documents i provided for my self but for my wife, as she is residing in UAE with me is not eligible under some clauses they mentioned. but that clause too says that a citizen who is not residing in canada may apply for Spousal sponsorship if the sponsor lives in canada after the PR.

but the point is , I didnt even provided anything yet and i was still in the deadline given.
the online application status also showed the same that the decision is made.
I am clueless now. what should I do. is this a mistake from their end?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Emmjay said:
Hi , relatively new to this forum. but my queries pushed me to find a place where i might get some guidance.

I live in UAE and my wife is canadian citizen who applied my case in Oct 2012. dont know why it went to Islamabad for processing.
anyhow it took long time for an update. i was asked on Nov 4th this year to provide documentary proof that I will reside in Canada whenever my PR is provided to me. I was given 30 days of time to provide the documents. I was preparing whatever was asked, but to my SHOCK an update came to my representative on 17th Nov which stated that a decision has been made and my case is DENIED as the documentary proof i provided were not sufficient enough. they are satisfied with the documents i provided for my self but for my wife, as she is residing in UAE with me is not eligible under some clauses they mentioned. but that clause too says that a citizen who is not residing in canada may apply for Spousal sponsorship if the sponsor lives in canada after the PR.

but the point is , I didnt even provided anything yet and i was still in the deadline given.
the online application status also showed the same that the decision is made.
I am clueless now. what should I do. is this a mistake from their end?
Wow, you know this does not surprise me one bit given CIC's disorganisation. You definitely need to try to get them to reopen the case. Continue to give them their documentary evidence by mail and by case-specific inquiry. Explain everything that happened and mark it URGENT. Then, get a good lawyer.

Obviously, I am not a lawyer. Take what I say with a grain of salt. But, in my opinion if it comes to it you will certainly have a case for an appeal.

Emmjay

Aug 29, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Wow, you know this does not surprise me one bit given CIC's disorganisation. You definitely need to try to get them to reopen the case. Continue to give them their documentary evidence by mail and by case-specific inquiry. Explain everything that happened and mark it URGENT. Then, get a good lawyer.

Obviously, I am not a lawyer. Take what I say with a grain of salt. But, in my opinion if it comes to it you will certainly have a case for an appeal.
Thanks for your reply. That is what i think. Its definitely a mistake. Dont know how to deal with them as its very hard to reach the people.

But a citizen who lives out of canada CAN sponsor. Right?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Emmjay said:
Thanks for your reply. That is what i think. Its definitely a mistake. Dont know how to deal with them as its very hard to reach the people.

But a citizen who lives out of canada CAN sponsor. Right?
Yes, it's common to receive requests for documentation that you will return to Canada. They do exactly what they did to you (30 days to get the required docs). Now, is it possible they sent a document request for your wife and she never received it?

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Question guys!!
Is there any similiar form(s) in the Outland Spousal Sponsorship that both Sponsor and Principal Applicant are to fill out?

Emmjay

Aug 29, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Yes, it's common to receive requests for documentation that you will return to Canada. They do exactly what they did to you (30 days to get the required docs). Now, is it possible they sent a document request for your wife and she never received it?
Hi. Like what document? And is it to her canadian address?
Or to the consultant we hired?

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Married, common law or conjugal partners

Hi,

Very helpful post. Thank you.

You explained about common law or conjugal partners, what about being married? Anything different?

Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Emmjay said:
Hi. Like what document? And is it to her canadian address?
Or to the consultant we hired?
I am referring to a document request like you received. CIC sends a document request if they need more proof before rejecting an application (at least they are supposed to) there's no way for me to know what's happened in this situation. Does her ECAS show any sent documents?

Oct 30, 2015
I have a PR and I am going to get married on January 2016. Is it possible to bring my wife along with me on an work permit and apply for a spousal sponshorship? Please reply

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hi respected members,

Please respond.

I have sponsored my parents and they have recently got the letter below requesting PPR. The letter asks the applicant, my dad, to inform if anyone included in the application is pregnant as per below. My wife who lives with me in Canada and is neither a co-signer and nor in the application is pregnant and I am the only sponsor for my parents. Does my dad, the applicant, has to inform the visa office that my wife is pregnant as written in the #3 below?

Dear Applicant, (My Dad's Name)**********:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);