+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Emmjay

Aug 29, 2015
Hi. I was going through different threads and found this one most suited.

If some one may help me advise on my application.
My wife files my sponsorship case through a representative in oct 2012 and till date the status shows as: application received.
file received on 26th oct 2012
Medical reports received.

I am a pakistani passport holder
Born and livng in UAE.
My wife lives here with me in UAE

Basically want to know whats going on and why this has been taking so long.
Does the new processing time applies to mu case as well?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Emmjay said:
Hi. I was going through different threads and found this one most suited.

If some one may help me advise on my application.
My wife files my sponsorship case through a representative in oct 2012 and till date the status shows as: application received.
file received on 26th oct 2012
Medical reports received.

I am a pakistani passport holder
Born and livng in UAE.
My wife lives here with me in UAE

Basically want to know whats going on and why this has been taking so long.
Does the new processing time applies to mu case as well?
When did your wife get SA? What VO? Have you ordered notes?

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
Stellar is slang for amazing, well-done. There are lots of threads on here about creating a good application for TRV.
Oh, I see. Thanks for your replies

groobi

Aug 23, 2015
Dear all,

I'm a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and would like to sponsor my Japanese wife who is currently living
with me in Canada but will go back to Japan in November this year as her Visa expires (She wants to spend time with her family as well).
I'm going to apply for outland sponsorship.

My question is which address should she use for her "current address"? Canadian or Japanese?
I think she should use her Japanese address because by the time the process is over, she will be in Japan
but the form requires all foreign countries (incl. Canada) she has visited incl. dates. The Canada entry dates will show
that she is now in Canada so it will be weird. What should I do?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
groobi said:
Dear all,

I'm a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and would like to sponsor my Japanese wife who is currently living
with me in Canada but will go back to Japan in November this year as her Visa expires (She wants to spend time with her family as well).
I'm going to apply for outland sponsorship.

My question is which address should she use for her "current address"? Canadian or Japanese?
I think she should use her Japanese address because by the time the process is over, she will be in Japan
but the form requires all foreign countries (incl. Canada) she has visited incl. dates. The Canada entry dates will show
that she is now in Canada so it will be weird. What should I do?
Putting the Japanese address is fine.

D

David83

I found this statement on the CIC website

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made.
What do they mean? How for a spouse to apply for PR from inside Canada before the open work permit? Do they mean that the spouse has to come to Canada by whatever status like visitor, and then he/she will be eligible for an open work permit?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
I found this statement on the CIC website

What do they mean? How for a spouse to apply for PR from inside Canada before the open work permit? Do they mean that the spouse has to come to Canada by whatever status like visitor, and then he/she will be eligible for an open work permit?
Sort of, there are two ways to apply for spousal PR, inland and outland. If she gets her visitor visa and comes to Canada she can apply inland and apply for the OWP pilot programme at the same time. This will give her an open work permit within 2-5 months. The downside is inland applications often take longer than outland, depends on your situation, country etc. If you haven't already, read the first post in this thread, lots of good information.

Here is a good thread on obtaining a visitor visa, some of it may be relevant to you http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
Sort of, there are two ways to apply for spousal PR, inland and outland. If she gets her visitor visa and comes to Canada she can apply inland and apply for the OWP pilot programme at the same time. This will give her an open work permit within 2-5 months. The downside is inland applications often take longer than outland, depends on your situation, country etc. If you haven't already, read the first post in this thread, lots of good information.

Here is a good thread on obtaining a visitor visa, some of it may be relevant to you http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html
When he/she applies for a visitor VISA, he/she needs to show strong ties to home, but when he/she comes to Canada and applies for PR it is OK?!!

I understand it takes too long from inside Canada, but at least the spouse will be with her/his sponsoring spouse. In this case, time doesn't matter, at least for me.

I had a look at the thread you mentioned. Thanks for pointing to it anyway.

Rawabb

Aug 27, 2015
David83 said:
When he/she applies for a visitor VISA, he/she needs to show strong ties to home, but when he/she comes to Canada and applies for PR it is OK?!!

I understand it takes too long from inside Canada, but at least the spouse will be with her/his sponsoring spouse. In this case, time doesn't matter, at least for me.

I fully agree, nothing matters as long as the two are living together and they don't have to go through the emotional stress everyday!! CIC should really look into that!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:

Yup, it's called Dual Intent. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

You will soon realise a lot of things about CIC do not make sense ::)

I should note the thread I linked was from someone who ALREADY applied for PR and got a visa, which is very hard to do from India.

According to knowledge on this board, it should be easier to get a visa before applying for PR for visa-requiring 3rd world countries. I have no experience in obtaining visitor visas, I am just giving advice based on what others have said.

In my opinion, as I said before, you should apply for the visa first, if you can get her to Canada then you can apply inland OR outland, do some research before making that decision.

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
Yup, it's called Dual Intent. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

You will soon realise a lot of things about CIC do not make sense ::)

I should note the thread I linked was from someone who ALREADY applied for PR and got a visa, which is very hard to do from India.

According to knowledge on this board, it should be easier to get a visa before applying for PR for visa-requiring 3rd world countries. I have no experience in obtaining visitor visas, I am just giving advice based on what others have said.

In my opinion, as I said before, you should apply for the visa first, if you can get her to Canada then you can apply inland OR outland, do some research before making that decision.
It seems that they are concerned that the spouse won't be approved for PR and they want to make sure he/she will leave Canada as such. But the question is then: Is it possible that a spouse be denied PR even though his/her spouse has PR status and he/she has clear medical and criminal records?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
It seems that they are concerned that the spouse won't be approved for PR and they want to make sure he/she will leave Canada as such. But the question is then: Is it possible that a spouse be denied PR even though his/her spouse has PR status and he/she has clear medical and criminal records?
To answer, yes it is possible to be denied for various reasons. The only time you are denied out of hand is if you have an incomplete application or missing payments. If that happens you can just send the app back with the correct documentation/payment.

Being denied is very unlikely if you have no red flags and follow the instructions carefully. A lot of people on here who were denied seem to get the "marriage is not genuine", but if that happened it would be a loooong time as she would have to fail an interview, so the processing time would be very long (depending on your country or if you apply inland). Also, if the VO has any issues with any part of your application, they request further documentation so you can "prove" your case first. You won't just be denied for some petty reason out of the blue.

If you apply outland and are denied, you can appeal in various ways. It's not something anyone in a genuine relationship providing all the proof asked for needs to worry about.

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
To answer, yes it is possible to be denied for various reasons. The only time you are denied out of hand is if you have an incomplete application or missing payments. If that happens you can just send the app back with the correct documentation/payment.

Being denied is very unlikely if you have no red flags and follow the instructions carefully. A lot of people on here who were denied seem to get the "marriage is not genuine", but if that happened it would be a loooong time as she would have to fail an interview, so the processing time would be very long (depending on your country or if you apply inland). Also, if the VO has any issues with any part of your application, they request further documentation so you can "prove" your case first. You won't just be denied for some petty reason out of the blue.

If you apply outland and are denied, you can appeal in various ways. It's not something anyone in a genuine relationship providing all the proof asked for needs to worry about.
They have the right to know if a marriage is genuine and that the sponsored spouse is healthy and doesn't impose a threat, but by the acceptable means and times to all parties.

Another question: What usually the majority of people with PR do regarding sponsoring their spouses? Do they sacrifice with the separation with their spouses?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
They have the right to know if a marriage is genuine and that the sponsored spouse is healthy and doesn't impose a threat, but by the acceptable means and times to all parties.

Another question: What usually the majority of people with PR do regarding sponsoring their spouses? Do they sacrifice with the separation with their spouses?
That's a hard question to answer since there are so many different countries and ways people go about this, but in some cases people have no choice and have to suffer through the separation and have a long distance relationship. Canadian citizens can be living outside the country when they sponsor, but due to the requirements it is even tougher for PR's who sponsor unfortunately.

Emmjay

Aug 29, 2015
Hi aqua
Thanks for respoding. Apologies. As i am not aware of the terms Sa And VO. Some more information on it will be great.

Aquakitty said:
When did your wife get SA? What VO? Have you ordered notes?