+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m9090 said:
My wife got an email today - procedural fairness letter - ABU DHABI VO has concerns that I, sponsor, does not reside in Canada. VO wants additional information in 30 days. What additional information can I send to the VO. Please help
If you are residing in Canada, send your last 3 payslips and some bank statements showing use of your bank card or credit card in Canada.

D

David83

Hello guys,

My PR application is under processing, and I am hopeful that I will get it soon. After I get it, I want to get married. The question is: can I bring my wife to Canada before sponsorship? or I need to sponsorship her first, and she has to stay at the country she is residing in until she gets her PR?

Thanks

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
David83 said:
Hello guys,

My PR application is under processing, and I am hopeful that I will get it soon. After I get it, I want to get married. The question is: can I bring my wife to Canada before sponsorship? or I need to sponsorship her first, and she has to stay at the country she is residing in until she gets her PR?

Thanks
You will need to land as a PR before you get married, or marry her before you land and then add her to your current application.

She can come to Canada before the sponsorship process has completed but it depends on what country she is from to how easy that will be. Is she from a visa exempt country?

D

David83

kangamoose said:
You will need to land as a PR before you get married, or marry her before you land and then add her to your current application.

She can come to Canada before the sponsorship process has completed but it depends on what country she is from to how easy that will be. Is she from a visa exempt country?
My plan is to get married after landing. No she is not from a VISA exempt country. What I should do to bring her to Canada when I am a PR and before the sponsorship? Work permit, visitor, ... etc

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
03/03/2016

Elilozano

Aug 27, 2015
Hi, hope someone could help me with this doubt.

I am a peruvian (living in Peru) married to a Canadian citizen and about to start my PR application now from Peru (outland).
I have a tourist Visa for the next 4 years.

While waiting for my application to be processed can I still travel to Canada as a visitor for short periods? Will they allow me entrance?

Thank u very much for your help!

D

David83

kangamoose said:
Some people have been able to come here on a visitor visa, but they are difficult and often refused. Have a read through this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html
Well, I am not planning to get married and leave my wife in my country like 2 years until she gets her PR. So, what option do I have? Is there anything I can do to avoid the separation? What about sponsoring her while I am in my country until she gets her PR, can I do that?

Thanks for your replies

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
David83 said:
Well, I am not planning to get married and leave my wife in my country like 2 years until she gets her PR. So, what option do I have? Is there anything I can do to avoid the separation? What about sponsoring her while I am in my country until she gets her PR, can I do that?

Thanks for your replies
You can sponsor her from outside of Canada provided you are a Canadian citizen. If you are a PR, you must be living in Canada to sponsor her.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
David83 said:

Thanks for your replies
No as a PR you would need to remain in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship process, only citizens can sponsor whilst living overseas.

You basically have 2 options:

1. Marry her before your PR is granted and inform your visa office. This would cause a delay on your approval as she would need to be added to your file, but this allow you to remain together the whole time.

2. You land as a PR then marry and apply to sponsor her through the outland or inland process. She would need to apply for a visitor visa, which risks being denied and so she may not be able to come to Canada during the process. Outland is faster - you should find a thread for your visa office to get an idea of the processing time. Inland is slower but she would be allowed to remain in Canada for the entire time, however both of these rely on her getting a visa.

Waiting for my turn

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
In process 8 oct
Elilozano said:
Hi, hope someone could help me with this doubt.

I am a peruvian (living in Peru) married to a Canadian citizen and about to start my PR application now from Peru (outland).
I have a tourist Visa for the next 4 years.

While waiting for my application to be processed can I still travel to Canada as a visitor for short periods? Will they allow me entrance?

Thank u very much for your help!
Yes dear you can travel to Canada , on tourist visa.. They have no problem

D

David83

kangamoose said:
No as a PR you would need to remain in Canada for the duration of the sponsorship process, only citizens can sponsor whilst living overseas.

You basically have 2 options:

1. Marry her before your PR is granted and inform your visa office. This would cause a delay on your approval as she would need to be added to your file, but this allow you to remain together the whole time.

2. You land as a PR then marry and apply to sponsor her through the outland or inland process. She would need to apply for a visitor visa, which risks being denied and so she may not be able to come to Canada during the process. Outland is faster - you should find a thread for your visa office to get an idea of the processing time. Inland is slower but she would be allowed to remain in Canada for the entire time, however both of these rely on her getting a visa.
I cannot get married now, because they will ask me to apply for CSQ again with her as my wife, which will take another 18 months. The other option is not that good, either, as it is not guaranteed. I cannot take the risk, and be apart for 2 years.

I didn't expect all these difficulties, to be honest. Why they make it very hard for people? At least allow the spouse to come and live in Canada, and then it doesn't matter how long it takes for her to get her PR. I don't understand!!

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
Leon said:
If you are residing in Canada, send your last 3 payslips and some bank statements showing use of your bank card or credit card in Canada.
I was studying for realtor license last year and was working with a reatir doing his paperwork, wasn't making much, but I did send my Option C print out with the application. I got my license this year in May and am working as a realtor.as self employed.My bank statments doesnt have so much happening other than one recent commission cheque that I recived for the sale would that be sufficient or can you suggest something else. Thanks

tubbateena

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mine says:

1.We received 's application for permanent residence on June 2, 2015.
2. We started processing 's application on August 11, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

it was only #'s 1 and 3 since last Wednesday, and then today when my husband check the email ( also check your spam/junk folder fyi) he got an email saying they assigned a fike number for him and they have started processing his application for PR on Aug 11 but somehow there was a part on his email that was highligted and said that:

At the end of this document is a request for additional documentation required within 30 days.
Once you have complied with this request, if any additional information or documentation is required to assess your application, we will contact you or your designated representative.
Please note that the documentation requested in this letter is required even if you receive a subsequent letter from our office asking for additional documentation.

but we looked at the attachment and it was only showing the "government of Canada logo" that we see on all their correspondence.
anybody had the same issue? because we don't wanna be missing a doc that we were supposed to submit in the 30 day period if there ever was.

D

David83

OK, so, the visitor VISA option is not easy, but let us say that it was granted. When my wife comes to Canada, can I apply a sponsorship application to her while she is in Canada or they won't allow this neither?

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
David83 said:
OK, so, the visitor VISA option is not easy, but let us say that it was granted. When my wife comes to Canada, can I apply a sponsorship application to her while she is in Canada or they won't allow this neither?
Its not easy but it is possible, she must show strong ties to her home country, in her application, read the thread I posted to you before it will offer you an insight. Yes once she is here you can apply to sponsor her