canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mmarkovs said:
1. Can we use the temporary marriage certificate as part of the inland sponsorship application or do we need to submit the official marriage certificate? We would like to get the application sent in along with the application for work/study permit specific to inland sponsorship applications so she can start working and studying ASAP.

2. Can she leave the country in May for a wedding even if she isn't yet a permanent resident and will be here on the work study permit (assuming she is approved)? Will she be at risk of being refused entry when we return even though we are legally married?

3. Does she need to extend her tourist visa if she doesn't receive approval of her work/study permit before her current tourist visa expires? I was told the government is doing everything it can to process the work/study permits for inlad sponsporship applications as quick as possible, usually around 2 months. However, if we don't receive the decision before her current tourist visa expires, would we need to extend the visa?
First off, there is no work/study permit. Inland applicants can apply for an Open Work Permit. If she wants a study permit, she will need to be accepted to an educational institute and apply for the permit; this will require showing proof of funds and ties to her home country.

1. You must have the actual marriage certificate.

2. It is strongly advised to not leave Canada while in inland app is being processed, especially if not visa-exempt. The work permit and your marriage in no way guarantees entry.

3. No, she does not need to extend her visitor status as long as the inland app and OWP app are submitted prior to her current status expiring.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
HIFAN said:
Hi AQUAKITTY,

Thanks for your reply....
I visit my husband only for 3 weeks, I already in my country now...
So i shouldn't not worry about that.
But my pasport will be expired on June 2016, are they have enough time for finalized my apps?
And they haven't asked me for photographs.

You have DM right? I would not worry then, it certainly won't take 10 months to get your passport back. As for the PPR letter, I am not sure if you will still get one or not since they already have your passport, I thought not but i may be wrong. Someone else here will know though.

gEscobar

Aug 21, 2015
Hi everyone! I hope guys you can help me for my situation :)

I am a filipina married to Canadian citizen were married for 1 year my husband stay here for 1 year until now, he decided to stay for a little bit just because if he wants to come back to canada with me and start our family there since we don't have kids yet.. Now, he wants to process our papers here in the Philippines , but everyone says we should submit his documents to Mississuaga to apply 1st .. Then if they approved the will forward here at Manila embassy and they will send a letter for. Me for 2nd application , I'm done for my CFO seminar because I change my surname to my passport and they says that I have to come back there before my flight for the stickers to my passport .. I already done for my red ribbon, the next step is we have to go at the Canadian embassy here in the Philippines to register our marriage certificate .. Now, I just wanna know if we can send our documents in Mississuaga for my husband's application for sponsorship while we stay for a while here in the Philippines .. What we gonna do? Do we need to send through mail and address to CPC-M? And in read also that if Outland it takes 1-2nonth for the result of the sponsor .. And they says that it's much easier to apply Outland that's inland? .. Please help me guys .. Thank you!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
gEscobar said:
Hi everyone! I hope guys you can help me for my situation :)

I am a filipina married to Canadian citizen were married for 1 year my husband stay here for 1 year until now, he decided to stay for a little bit just because if he wants to come back to canada with me and start our family there since we don't have kids yet.. Now, he wants to process our papers here in the Philippines , but everyone says we should submit his documents to Mississuaga to apply 1st .. Then if they approved the will forward here at Manila embassy and they will send a letter for. Me for 2nd application , I'm done for my CFO seminar because I change my surname to my passport and they says that I have to come back there before my flight for the stickers to my passport .. I already done for my red ribbon, the next step is we have to go at the Canadian embassy here in the Philippines to register our marriage certificate .. Now, I just wanna know if we can send our documents in Mississuaga for my husband's application for sponsorship while we stay for a while here in the Philippines .. What we gonna do? Do we need to send through mail and address to CPC-M? And in read also that if Outland it takes 1-2nonth for the result of the sponsor .. And they says that it's much easier to apply Outland that's inland? .. Please help me guys .. Thank you!
Since you are applying OUTLAND while living in the Philippines, yes you do indeed send your application to CPC-Mississauga. Every outland application now goes there first. Since you both are living outside Canada, be sure to also include proof that you intend to reside in Canada once you land.

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello house!!

My fiancé is a new PR in Canada. We plan to get married this year end in India, then file for my spousal PR outland to NDVO.

- How much time does it take at NDVO from application submission to PPR? I have heard its 8-9 months, is that true?

- Say I apply for a Canadian tourist visa as a single applicant, before our marriage, and get it; can I then file my PR in India after marriage and then travel to Canada as a tourist and live with my hubby for 6 months?

- Can my husband be in India all the while my PR is being processed in India? Is it a requirement that while my PR is being processed in India, he HAS to stay in Canada only?

Appreciate your guidance.

Cheers!

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousal2015app said:
Hello house!!

My fiancé is a new PR in Canada. We plan to get married this year end in India, then file for my spousal PR outland to NDVO.

- How much time does it take at NDVO from application submission to PPR? I have heard its 8-9 months, is that true?

- Say I apply for a Canadian tourist visa as a single applicant, before our marriage, and get it; can I then file my PR in India after marriage and then travel to Canada as a tourist and live with my hubby for 6 months?

- Can my husband be in India all the while my PR is being processed in India? Is it a requirement that while my PR is being processed in India, he HAS to stay in Canada only?

Cheers!
Yes, 8-9 months is probably a good estimate. Some may take longer, some may be faster.

That should be fine. Getting married should not affect your tourist visa, though if you change your last name you may have to get the visa updated.

For your last question, I believe your husband has to remain in Canada while he sponsors you. Canadian Citizens can travel and live outside of Canada during sponsorship, but I think PRs who are sponsoring need to remain in Canada. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I tried to find proof of this on CIC but couldn't, though I'm sure I remember reading it on here)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousal2015app said:
Hello house!!

- Ho

Cheers!
KelseyTVS is correct. Since your [soon-to-be] husband is not a Canadian citizen, he will need to be in Canada to sponsor you.

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelseyTVS said:
Yes, 8-9 months is probably a good estimate. Some may take longer, some may be faster.

That should be fine. Getting married should not affect your tourist visa, though if you change your last name you may have to get the visa updated.

For your last question, I believe your husband has to remain in Canada while he sponsors you. Canadian Citizens can travel and live outside of Canada during sponsorship, but I think PRs who are sponsoring need to remain in Canada. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I tried to find proof of this on CIC but couldn't, though I'm sure I remember reading it on here)
Thanks for your quick revert. When I travel to Canada on that tourist visa with my hubby, I`ll be legally married and my PR app would have been filed in India. Will this cause any issue during immigration in the Canadian Airport to enter on that tourist visa. I mean what do I answer the immigration officer for the question- purpose of your visit ?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousal2015app said:
Thanks for your quick revert. When I travel to Canada on that tourist visa with my hubby, I`ll be legally married and my PR app would have been filed in India. Will this cause any issue during immigration in the Canadian Airport to enter on that tourist visa. I mean what do I answer the immigration officer for the question- purpose of your visit ?
Since you are a tourist, you must tell the officer that you are just visiting your husband and will leave when your tourist visa expires. If they think you will stay in Canada after your visa expires, they may not let you enter the country at all. It's okay to tell them you have a PR application being processed, but you need to convince them you will not move to Canada permanently until you have your PR card, and that you will stay at home if your PR application is denied.

Having proof of somewhere to live back home, or work or family ties is a good idea. This is probably the only issue you will encounter, but it shouldn't be a problem as long as they know you will not remain in Canada after your visa expires.

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelseyTVS said:
Since you are a tourist, you must tell the officer that you are just visiting your husband and will leave when your tourist visa expires. If they think you will stay in Canada after your visa expires, they may not let you enter the country at all. It's okay to tell them you have a PR application being processed, but you need to convince them you will not move to Canada permanently until you have your PR card, and that you will stay at home if your PR application is denied.
In my case, I`ll apply for the tourist visa before marriage, and that time I will have to state the purpose of my visit as a `vacation` as at that point in time I am neither married nor has my PR been filed.

So when at immigration I say as what you suggested, wouldn`t it conflict the purpose I wrote while applying for tourist visa. I don`t want them to think that we are trying to play around with the system, you see!

I hope you get my dilemma...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousal2015app said:
In my case, I`ll apply for the tourist visa before marriage, and that time I will have to state the purpose of my visit as a `vacation` as at that point in time I am neither married nor has my PR been filed.

So when at immigration I say as what you suggested, wouldn`t it conflict the purpose I wrote while applying for tourist visa. I don`t want them to think that we are trying to play around with the system, you see!

I hope you get my dilemma...
Once again, KelseyTVS has hit the nail on the head. Take a look at this, which explains exactly what you will be trying to do...which IS allowed:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Once again, KelseyTVS has hit the nail on the head. Take a look at this, which explains exactly what you will be trying to do...which IS allowed:
Thank you for the link. This looks perfect for a spouse who has filed for a TRV after submitting her PR application in India.

But my situation seems to be a tad bit different. I`m applying for the tourist visa before marriage, and that time I will have to state the purpose of my visit as a `vacation` as at that point in time I am neither married nor has my PR been filed.

Does dual-intent still hold valid or would it be considered possibly playing around with the system (Eg: why show intent of tourism while applying for TRV and now say you wish to stay with your hubby for a few months).

I hope my words do justice to what I`m exactly trying to explain....

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousal2015app said:
Thank you for the link. This looks perfect for a spouse who has filed for a TRV after submitting her PR application in India.

But my situation seems to be a tad bit different. I`m applying for the tourist visa before marriage, and that time I will have to state the purpose of my visit as a `vacation` as at that point in time I am neither married nor has my PR been filed.

Does dual-intent still hold valid or would it be considered possibly playing around with the system (Eg: why show intent of tourism while applying for TRV and now say you wish to stay with your hubby for a few months).

I hope my words do justice to what I`m exactly trying to explain....
I think I understand what you're trying to say. So when you have your tourist visa you will be unmarried and your PR application will not be filed yet? Then you should say that your tourist visa is a vacation to visit your fiancé. But again, you need to convince the officer that you will leave Canada when the visa expires.

Will you be getting married and filing for PR after your tourist visa expires and you leave Canada? Then there shouldn't be much of an issue, as your tourist visa and PR application won't overlap.

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelseyTVS said:
I think I understand what you're trying to say. So when you have your tourist visa you will be unmarried and your PR application will not be filed yet? Then you should say that your tourist visa is a vacation to visit your fiancé. But again, you need to convince the officer that you will leave Canada when the visa expires.

Will you be getting married and filing for PR after your tourist visa expires and you leave Canada? Then there shouldn't be much of an issue, as your tourist visa and PR application won't overlap.
NO, although I'll be applying for TRV before marriage, I'll use TRV to travel to Canada after my marriage and after I've already filed for my PR in India.

Does dual-intent still hold valid or would it be considered possibly playing around with the system (Eg: why show intent of tourism while applying for TRV and now say you wish to stay with your hubby for a few months, or maybe enter with "touristic intentions" but then again they would have on record the PR I must've filed from India??).