+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kathryn809

Feb 21, 2015
Hello everyone! I need your help please...I am on Common Law relationship for over 6 years now. However, my partner has been previously married but separated (not legally as it was not filed in court) for already 2 years before I met him. Can I and my partner still qualify for immigration to Canada?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
kathryn809 said:
Hello everyone! I need your help please...I am on Common Law relationship for over 6 years now. However, my partner has been previously married but separated (not legally as it was not filed in court) for already 2 years before I met him. Can I and my partner still qualify for immigration to Canada?
Yes, a couple can apply as common law, even if one of the partners is not legally divorced.

Mtag

Feb 4, 2015
Hi all!

This is regarding the IMM0008 form.

Big apologies since I know this has probably already been answered but I've been trawling back through pages and pages of posts and haven't come across the information yet...

I'm an Australian currently living in Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I am on a Work Visa. We are filling out the Family Class- Spousal sponsorship information and would like to process it Outland since it is so much faster...
However as I am living in Canada I don't know what to do for Question 10. "Current country of residence", amoung other questions (see below).

If I answer truthfully that I live in Canada, wouldn't that mean I have to process it inland? But then if I answer that my current country of residence is Australia, wouldn't they be able to see through my entry through immigration (and no exit) that I am still here? I don't want to stuff up on a technicality, since I have heard from so many places (here included) that I can choose inland or outland (which seems kind of strange to me that I could choose).

So, the questions I'm having difficulty with:
Question 10: Current Country of residence ...... which IS Canada but I think should be Australia?
Question 12: Previous countries of residence (including address) .......which will clearly have my current Canadian address as my latest address.

Part 2 Question 1 and 2: current mailing and residential address .... should I list Canada or Australia?
Question 15; current country of residence (again!)
Question 17: living in a common-law relationship ...... how do I say that I am living with my partner in Canada, hence why I can apply for common-law, and yet be applying outland?

Any advice from people who have been through this successfully would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Mtag said:
Hi all!

This is regarding the IMM0008 form.

Big apologies since I know this has probably already been answered but I've been trawling back through pages and pages of posts and haven't come across the information yet...

I'm an Australian currently living in Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I am on a Work Visa. We are filling out the Family Class- Spousal sponsorship information and would like to process it Outland since it is so much faster...
However as I am living in Canada I don't know what to do for Question 10. "Current country of residence", amoung other questions (see below).

If I answer truthfully that I live in Canada, wouldn't that mean I have to process it inland? But then if I answer that my current country of residence is Australia, wouldn't they be able to see through my entry through immigration (and no exit) that I am still here? I don't want to stuff up on a technicality, since I have heard from so many places (here included) that I can choose inland or outland (which seems kind of strange to me that I could choose).

So, the questions I'm having difficulty with:
Question 10: Current Country of residence ...... which IS Canada but I think should be Australia?
Question 12: Previous countries of residence (including address) .......which will clearly have my current Canadian address as my latest address.

Part 2 Question 1 and 2: current mailing and residential address .... should I list Canada or Australia?
Question 15; current country of residence (again!)
Question 17: living in a common-law relationship ...... how do I say that I am living with my partner in Canada, hence why I can apply for common-law, and yet be applying outland?

Any advice from people who have been through this successfully would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Outland only refers to where the application is being processed. The applicant can be anywhere in the world, including Canada.

So write Canada for your current country of residence. Many members here have done it, and I have not seen any problems that came from it. If you look at the inland guide, it actually tells you that you can apply outland to take advantage of the faster processing times.

VM.WK

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-june-2014
Doc's Request.
18-August-2014
File Transfer...
29-sep-2014
Med's Done....
8-April-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
Hello guys, i applied for my spouse Visa in June, after the decision was made in Sep they started its process in Dec. I wanted to know how long is the waiting time after the processing time starts from new delhi?

Thank You :)

VM.WK

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-june-2014
Doc's Request.
18-August-2014
File Transfer...
29-sep-2014
Med's Done....
8-April-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
Kamaldeep momi said:
Thanks a lot.. I am feeling happy now. Hoping my visa now
I'm at the same stage as you, i think we both applied near the time. Please do tell me if you hear anything from NDVO. It will give me hope that my husband's is on the way too.

Thank You

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
paulschild said:
Hello Everyone. Please I need some advice and guide.

I am s tudent here in Canada.i will be graduating in April and then will apply for my post graduate work permit (I'm eligible for one year work permit cos my program was just for a year).
My fiancé and I are planning to get married so we can file for my permanent resident card. My questions are

1. She doesn't want to inform her family because they are demanding for an expensive traditional marriage.
We plan to do a quiet wedding without informing Her family. Will CIC demand pictures that has members of her family in it. Her parents are late though just her brother and sister are here in Canada.

Usually yes you have to show that the parents have attended but if they are not able to then you will have to provide a detail letter explaining the same.
2. Should we apply inland or Outland. I'm from Nigeria though and my girl is from Sudan. I'm 26 and she's 21

Its always better to apply outland since its always generally very quick. I am not sure of toe avg processing times for Nigeria but you can check on the thread specific for your VO

3. If we apply Outland, should I choose the visa office in the USA, Ottawa VAC to process my PR application since it's closer or should I choose Accra Ghana(responsible for processing application from Nigeria)

You cannot choose the visa office, VO is chosen by CIC as per the applicants country

4. What are the requirements we need for the application. We have been living together since August 2014.

If you are applying under common law you have to live together for 12 months straight or you can apply as a spouse
5. What Type of evidence do we need to show CIC.

A good starting point is here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp

This has both in-land and out-land forms and guides. You will have to show relationship proof before the marriage so photos, trips etc.

Also since I will soon obtain my postgraduate work permit, can I use it to work in Canada while my permanent residence application is in progress?

Yes

Your advice will be highly appreciated

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
VM.WK said:
Hello guys, i applied for my spouse Visa in June, after the decision was made in Sep they started its process in Dec. I wanted to know how long is the waiting time after the processing time starts from new delhi?

Thank You :)
I suggest you take a look at this forum. It's the new delhi forum. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t180473.17955.html

VM.WK

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-june-2014
Doc's Request.
18-August-2014
File Transfer...
29-sep-2014
Med's Done....
8-April-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
Thank you so much

epie

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Hello good day to all members here..

I have a problem. If anyone know about this please help me.

My husband is a Canadian, i just gave birth to his daughter last Dec. My papers is now in processing. But the visa section send me email that we have to file an application of citizenship and for her passport as soon as possible. The problem is, we can't get the right application form for her at her age now. She's only 2 months old and the forms are over on that age. Is my child need to get that citizenship before we can travel to Canada? I've read someone here that he just get a temporary exist for his child but I can't remember how he did it. Do we have to travel in Manila just to get the Canadian passport.

Hoping for your reply and help. Thank you

leavingchina

Feb 23, 2015
Good morning! :)

I am Canadian and my wife is Chinese. We have a daughter together who holds a Canadian passport. The three of us live together in China.

I am a university professor. In June, my employment finishes and I return to Canada. No job offer in the West yet. I fully expect to find a university teaching job in Canada or the United States, but it may take months of searching.

My priority is bringing my wife and daughter to live with me as soon as possible. I'm wondering what my options are.

If I am in Canada looking for employment, is my wife likely to get a temporary residence permit? I can support her and my daughter financially during this time.

Could I start a sponsorship application for my wife while I am still in China? I could move back to Canada in June and find work immediately (while still searching for more permanent employment).

Thanks in advance for your help!