06-11-2014
File Transfer...
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
Hi everyone
i am a canadian citizen, I have applied under spousal sponsoship for my husband last month that time I was living with my husband in bangladesh. but after applying , suddenly I had to get back to Canada. So my question is will it be a problem that I suddenly came back to Canada. And I was living in Bangladesh for more than one year. Do I have to inform cic that I came back to Canada ? If it is then how? Coz after receiving my application cic did not send any mail. My eligibiliti isn't completed yet.

tps66

Oct 22, 2014
Hello, my husband lives in cancun mexico and needs to do his medical exam. The website shows the closest doctor is in Mexico city. But there's one in Belize that is closer to Cancun... would he be able to go to the Belize doctor to do the exam?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hcseeker said:
the Results page lists 2 options: Family Class: Spouses, Partners and Dependents (Outside Canada) You may be eligible to come to Canada through Family Sponsorship OR
Visitors/Tourists (No temporary resident visa) - over 6 months You maybe eligible to travel to Canada as a visitor without a visa.
Since we already applied for PR I think option 1 doesn't apply. We want her to be able to stay beyond 6 months as a visitor so #2 seems to be the choice.
You can't blame that one on CIC. You've answered the questions incorrectly. Given that those results are for a person OUTSIDE of Canada, I'm guessing you didn't state that she is in Canada.

Here's what it should look like:

What would you like to do in Canada? Visit
How long are you planning to stay in Canada? Temporarily - more than 6 months
What is the country of nationality of your passport? United States
What is your current country of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Canada
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? Yes
What is your date of birth? DOB
Have you lived in Canada as a permanent resident or landed immigrant? No
What is your current immigration status in Canada? Visitor
How are you related to your family member? Legally Married Spouse
What is your current marital status? Married
What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time. Province

RESULTS:

Family Class: Spouses, Partners and Dependents (In Canada) - You may be eligible to come to Canada through Family Sponsorship.

Visitors (in Canada) - You may be eligible to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor / tourist.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
rhtareq said:
Hi everyone
i am a canadian citizen, I have applied under spousal sponsoship for my husband last month that time I was living with my husband in bangladesh. but after applying , suddenly I had to get back to Canada. So my question is will it be a problem that I suddenly came back to Canada. And I was living in Bangladesh for more than one year. Do I have to inform cic that I came back to Canada ? If it is then how? Coz after receiving my application cic did not send any mail. My eligibiliti isn't completed yet.
Hi

You should inform CIC because it will probably help your app. Sponsors residing abroad are required to prove that they intend to return to Canada. Letting CIC know that you are already back in Canada will mean one less thing that the VO needs to verify.

You can wait until you have a file number/UCI, then email the VO.

tps66 said:
Hello, my husband lives in cancun mexico and needs to do his medical exam. The website shows the closest doctor is in Mexico city. But there's one in Belize that is closer to Cancun... would he be able to go to the Belize doctor to do the exam?
Hi

Yes, he can go to the doctor in Belize. It doesn't matter where in the world the medical is done, as long as it's with a CIC Panel Physician.

Spain

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
Doc's Request.
18/03/2015
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
20/02/2015
Med's Done....
31/10/2014 (upfront)
Interview........
Interview waived (DECISION MADE) 04/05/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 18/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi everyone,

I am spanish citizen living in Madrid, Spain although I am currently in Toronto because I married my canadian fiancé here in Canada. We want to summit the application for family class sponsorship OUTLAND Canada and have downloaded all the forms etc etc...
I guess my case belongs to the visa office in Paris although it seems to me there is another one in Madrid. Has anyone had any experience with this office??? Ant spanish in the forum pleaseeeee!!! :(
I know the processing times are listed in the CIC website, but it might vary depending in the case and documents provided.

Thank you so much for assist me.

Apr 25, 2012
Hi everyone! My husband (a Canadian Citizen) and I are still on the process of gathering all the documents and requirements for spousal visa application. At first we wanted to hire an immigration consultant but we changed our mind and just decided to do it on our our own, I just have a few questions and I am hoping u guys can help us with this..

A. I was on a temporary working permit for 2 years and transfer to a tourist visa, valid until Jan. 20. If i am going to submit my application a month before the expiry of my visa, do I still need to renew it?

B. I also have a son back home carrying his biological father's surname but I raise him on my own. My husband and I will include him in our application but we're not going to get him yet because we are planning to apply it together with the grandparents visa for my parents. I also know that all dependents need to undergo medical too so I am wondering how can I get a medical request for him if he will do it back home? Is form IMM5604 enough as proof of custody or do I still need to include other custody paper?

C. What are the forms that I need to include in my application to apply for an open work permit?

I know that my situation is very confusing, but we are hoping that we can get ideas and answers from this forum. Wink Thank you very much in advance!!

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
computergeek said:
Once AIP is granted, yes, she can apply for an OWP online. She doesn't need to be in status even (that's one of the key benefits).
Though when I check the website using the online questionnaire for OWP it says an application cannot be done because she is out of status. The questions ask for the expiry of the last visa which has since expired. My partner is on implied visitor status and is still waiting to hear on the latest visitor visa application.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
anamargarita_1128 said:
A. I was on a temporary working permit for 2 years and transfer to a tourist visa, valid until Jan. 20. If i am going to submit my application a month before the expiry of my visa, do I still need to renew it?
If you submit an inland application along with OWP app, then you will be under implied visitor status so there is no need to extend your visitor visa. Of course to keep implied status you must stay within Canada and not leave the border for any reason.

B. I also have a son back home carrying his biological father's surname but I raise him on my own. My husband and I will include him in our application but we're not going to get him yet because we are planning to apply it together with the grandparents visa for my parents. I also know that all dependents need to undergo medical too so I am wondering how can I get a medical request for him if he will do it back home? Is form IMM5604 enough as proof of custody or do I still need to include other custody paper?
Your son can be declared as a non-accompanying dependent, and MUST get a medical exam done. He can do this with any panel physician closest to his home. After the medical exam he'll get a receipt with medical file # on it, which can be mailed to you and included in the application.

Your son can NOT be included in same application as your parents/grandparents. That will be it's own application.
However at anytime after you get PR, you can submit a separate PR application just for your son (as long as he's less than 19 yrs old at the time).

C. What are the forms that I need to include in my application to apply for an open work permit?
I believe it's this one: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

You will get OWP after stage 1 approval which these days is 13 months.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
You can't blame that one on CIC. You've answered the questions incorrectly. Given that those results are for a person OUTSIDE of Canada, I'm guessing you didn't state that she is in Canada.

Here's what it should look like...
Thanks canuck_in_uk! You are 100% correct. I confirmed it with CIC internet support in Montreal this a.m. I appreciate you spelling it out in detail for us. :D
I've been trained to never saying my wife is residing here, just visiting. When you do the questionnaire before registering a myCIC account, it tells you to list your country of residence as Canada if you are currently in Canada. Thanks again.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
Rob_TO said:
If you submit an inland application along with OWP app, then you will be under implied visitor status so there is no need to extend your visitor visa. Of course to keep implied status you must stay within Canada and not leave the border for any reason.
What about applying online for an OWP after one gets AIP. My partner recently sent an application to get her visitor's status extended so she is on implied status (did not send OWP application with PR app.). AIP should be coming soon for us though when I do the online questionnaire it asks for end date of current visa, I put the date for the old one and it stops you and says you cannot apply for OWP online because you are out of status. There is no option for implied status in the online questionnaire.

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
Hello I am Canadian citizen currently living in Europe with my spouse He is Libyan , he has refugee status here , how can that hurt or help our process? Also I'm hearing that the Income requirement's for sponsoring your spouse has changed . it use to be no income requirement for Newfoundland Canada . Isere a income requirement ? I am not in Canada but I do have a job offer awaiting our arrival . can someone plz reply with some new facts , Before I start to panic

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
foreverbailey said:
Hello I am Canadian citizen currently living in Europe with my spouse He is Libyan , he has refugee status here , how can that hurt or help our process? Also I'm hearing that the Income requirement's for sponsoring your spouse has changed . it use to be no income requirement for Newfoundland Canada . Isere a income requirement ? I am not in Canada but I do have a job offer awaiting our arrival . can someone plz reply with some new facts , Before I start to panic
Since he is a refugee from Libya it might take longer for them to do a background check I would imagine but not a big problem. No there is no income requirement for spouses.

If you are living in Europe I assume you want to apply and then come to Canada?

Apr 25, 2012
Rob_TO said:

Your son can be declared as a non-accompanying dependent, and MUST get a medical exam done. He can do this with any panel physician closest to his home. After the medical exam he'll get a receipt with medical file # on it, which can be mailed to you and included in the application.

Your son can NOT be included in same application as your parents/grandparents. That will be it's own application.
However at anytime after you get PR, you can submit a separate PR application just for your son (as long as he's less than 19 yrs old at the time).

I believe it's this one: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

You will get OWP after stage 1 approval which these days is 13 months.
Thank you so much @Rob_TO !! It was such a great help..;-)

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
Yes we want to apply from Europe , However we are still trying to do a civil ceremony , as we were married at the mosque , seems we are having trouble getting the documents needed to do so , I want to apply as spouse , we have lived here together now for a year but I think applying married would be better then applying as common law .. Maybe ?

shtb

Feb 14, 2013
amjad3126 said:
Actually its processed once we log in online. But it better to have these fillout and send with your application
Hi Loen Sir.how r u doing?i wanted to ask about issuance of visa.how much it'll take long to issue visa after medical.in my case it is 5th week going to an end after medical.worried sir.will b grateful for ur kind respond.