+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
computergeek said:
Yes, it is possible to do so. However it requires an active decision: she must either sign a document voluntarily surrendering it (this form can only be obtained from a visa office, it is not available online), or she must be refused a PR Travel Document, or she must be given an A44(1) report at the border - with a removal order that is stayed for 30 days, or she must be investigated by CIC as part of a PR card renewal.

If her goal is to come back to Canada, she might find it easiest to return to Canada now. CBSA might permit her to enter, in which case as long as she remains in Canada long enough to be back into compliance before she applies for a new PR card, she is fine - the PR obligation is always a review of no more than the past 5 years. Alternatively, she can apply for a PR Travel Document and present H&C arguments for why she has not been able to meet the residency obligation. Ties to Canada (e.g., a spouse) and the resolution of the underlying issue (e.g., a sick parent) might be sufficient to convince the visa office to grant an H&C exception.

Depending upon your own status in Canada, you might be able to sponsor her once again - but there are potential complications. For example, suppose that she sponsored you to come to Canada and you landed 2 years ago. You are barred from sponsoring a spouse to Canada for five years from the date that you land and thus cannot sponsor her. On the other hand, if you immigrated together (or you sponsored her before) then nothing prevents you from sponsoring her again.
Thanks a lot computergeek.
I am a Canadian citizen and planning to sponsor her but do you know which one is better: sponsor her or applying for a new PR?
I call CIC and an agent said even if her expires next year she still remain and PR of Canada, is that true?

Thanks

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
hello friends,

I am in trouble. Please help me out. My husbands work permit expired july 31st 2014. he applied for his mpnp before that and spouse sponsorship inland. He was in restoration period and was about to apply for visitor visa but unfortunately he left the country as his mother was so sick and he was missing them. He left 5 days before. Is there any chance for him to come back. Please help me out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ikonkaar939 said:
hello friends,

I am in trouble. Please help me out. My husbands work permit expired july 31st 2014. he applied for his mpnp before that and spouse sponsorship inland. He was in restoration period and was about to apply for visitor visa but unfortunately he left the country as his mother was so sick and he was missing them. He left 5 days before. Is there any chance for him to come back. Please help me out.
Your husband will have to apply for a new visitor visa from outside of Canada. If the visitor visa is approved, he can then return to Canada. If the visitor visa is refused, then you will have to withdraw the inland application and submit an outland application.

rmartin28

Jun 25, 2014
Ok I have a question about the Co-signer.
My husband is American and has a job in the states. How does it work for him to be a co-signer of himself?
I don’t think I make enough money alone by their standards to support him, but am unable to locate the specific information.
Please someone help me to understand the co-signer???
:eek: :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rmartin28 said:
Ok I have a question about the Co-signer.
My husband is American and has a job in the states. How does it work for him to be a co-signer of himself?
I don't think I make enough money alone by their standards to support him, but am unable to locate the specific information.
Please someone help me to understand the co-signer???
:eek: :eek:
Your husband can't co-sponsor his own sponsorship application. You would be the sole signer.

rmartin28

Jun 25, 2014
scylla said:
Your husband can't co-sponsor his own sponsorship application. You would be the sole signer.
And if I don't meet the financial requirements then what? Can I have a co-signer within my family from canada that would be willing to help in a case such as that?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
rmartin28 said:
And if I don't meet the financial requirements then what? Can I have a co-signer within my family from canada that would be willing to help in a case such as that?
The financial requirement is $0, so I'm pretty sure you meet it. All you need is a plan to show CIC you won't go on social assistance.

There are no co-signers allowed on a family spousal application.

rmartin28

Jun 25, 2014
Rob_TO said:
The financial requirement is $0, so I'm pretty sure you meet it. All you need is a plan to show CIC you won't go on social assistance.

There are no co-signers allowed on a family spousal application.
Thank you!!!! Big sigh of relief! I was worried I wouldn't be able to sponser him in my own!

gagnon_07

Sep 28, 2014
So I have sent all of my documents and paid the fees for my wife and I in order to have her come to Canada, but we have spoken and I have realized that I have paid the $550.00 Spouse, Common Law or Conjugal partner, where after reading a few forums, I was not required to pay. Does anyone know if i can transfer that payment to pay for the Right of Permanent Resident Fee, or if it is possible to get reimbursed for the fee that I have paid for? And if it is possible who should I contact and what should be the procedure to get my money back and/or to transfer my payment to the RPRF ????? Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
brownie1 said:
Pls for spouse sponsorship, after medicals have bn received, any idea how long the rest takes? Thanks
Between 5 months and 3 years, depending on which visa office, case complexity and "red flags". Sometimes, even longer.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
gagnon_07 said:
So I have sent all of my documents and paid the fees for my wife and I in order to have her come to Canada, but we have spoken and I have realized that I have paid the $550.00 Spouse, Common Law or Conjugal partner, where after reading a few forums, I was not required to pay. Does anyone know if i can transfer that payment to pay for the Right of Permanent Resident Fee, or if it is possible to get reimbursed for the fee that I have paid for? And if it is possible who should I contact and what should be the procedure to get my money back and/or to transfer my payment to the RPRF ????? Thank you!

So are you saying you paid too much money . Your total should have been $1040. If you have paid to much you can claim a refund. I am sure they will transfer any extra payment to your RPRF.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Once you apply to sponsor spouse by filing the inland application. And she was currently on implied status. Is that possible that you can go back to your country and file the outland application
. I mean to say can we request CIC to stop processing our inland application. Bc i have better offer at my country so my intention is to go back and file out land application to sponser my spouse. is that feasible. Any suggestion.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
amjad3126 said:
Once you apply to sponsor spouse by filing the inland application. And she was currently on implied status. Is that possible that you can go back to your country and file the outland application
. I mean to say can we request CIC to stop processing our inland application. Bc i have better offer at my country so my intention is to go back and file out land application to sponser my spouse. is that feasible. Any suggestion.
No, it's not feasible, if I have understood your question correctly. You are a PR (as far as I can tell) and therefore you must reside in Canada to sponsor your spouse. Only a Canadian citizen can sponsor while not living in Canada.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
zardoz said:
No, it's not feasible, if I have understood your question correctly. You are a PR (as far as I can tell) and therefore you must reside in Canada to sponsor your spouse. Only a Canadian citizen can sponsor while not living in Canada.
So if i will do that than my application was not considered any more. I am thinking that this condition only apply to spouse not on me as sponsor person(PR). Can you elaborate little bit more.