+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
HI
I also have another question. My boyfriend applied for refugee in france. Hes been there since 2006. They have rejected all his cases.
He has to go back to srilanka because he cant stay in france.
Will that impact sponsorship (the rejection case from france) when i get married to him in srilanka and sponsor him to canada, ?
Can i get married in france? will there be a problem when sposoring him?

help :(

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Rob_TO said:
Why do you care about assets? This does not matter whatsoever for a spousal PR application.
All you need to show for financial info when you apply after your marriage, is your Option C printout from CRA, and a letter from your current employer. Sometimes people with low income include a letter from their parents that they will support them financially if needed. Whether you have a house or not is irrelevant.

No, there is absolutely no language requirement for spousal PR application.

THANKYOUUU

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Riri said:
HI
I also have another question. My boyfriend applied for refugee in france. Hes been there since 2006. They have rejected all his cases.
Will that impact sponsorship (the rejection case from france) when i get married to him in srilanka and sponsor him to canada, ?

You will need to check the rules for marriage in France, but it's non-trivial for a non-resident. I suggest some serious Googling... I looked this up for someone else a few months back. If you search the forum, you might find my post.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Riri said:
HI

I seem to recall that one of the questions in the sponsorship application (for the applicant) asks if you have ever been removed from Canada or any other country (or similar language). He would have to answer that question honestly, and provide the explanation.

Would it have an impact? I'm uncertain. It's possible that CIC might think that he's looking for any way to get our of Sri Lanka, so your marriage could be scrutinized closer than most.

Mushmash

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2012
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
25-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2014
Hello everyone. Is anyone else waiting for COPR from Los Angeles or have received COPR recently? Please share your timeline. Thank you.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
Just today got a letter from Canada post which came on my wives name since I used my own address as her current mailing address. Since I wasn't at home so they left a note and will pick it up tomorrow. She lives in Bangladesh so I used my address so that if they contact the letter doesn't get lost. Just wondering what might the immigration sent, any idea? I just hope they didn't return my package or anything like that.

Application Current status is this:
1.We received your application for permanent residence on September 18, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on February 11, 2014.
3.Medical results have been received.

Thanks.

missjohnj

Feb 28, 2014
Hi, I'm just putting my sponsorship together. We have the application papers filled out. My husband had to get a police check from st. Lucia as well as canada due to the fact he has lived in both for a certain amount of time. We've received the police checks for both of us from here in canada but the medical and police check may be another three week to four weeks before they come in the mail. Our we better off just handing in what we have so far and then sending in the medical and st Lucian police check when we receive them or waiting for everything to come in and sending it all together.

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
zardoz said:
You will need to check the rules for marriage in France, but it's non-trivial for a non-resident. I suggest some serious Googling... I looked this up for someone else a few months back. If you search the forum, you might find my post.

I am enable to find your post :(
help!

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Ponga said:
I seem to recall that one of the questions in the sponsorship application (for the applicant) asks if you have ever been removed from Canada or any other country (or similar language). He would have to answer that question honestly, and provide the explanation.

Would it have an impact? I'm uncertain. It's possible that CIC might think that he's looking for any way to get our of Sri Lanka, so your marriage could be scrutinized closer than most.
Its fine if they scrutinize the sponsorship because we are not doing it just to get away from srilanka. But would they reject the sponsorship just because he was rejected from another country.

anshu

Sep 5, 2013
Hi

Need guidance regarding what evidences are mandatory to support relationship genuineness and continuity in case of spousal sponsorship to Canada?
Our case lack many out of those ...please guide what are needed and what if we lack those?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Riri said:
I am enable to find your post :(
help!
This is one of the sites I located. http://www.weddings-abroad-guide.com/legal-requirements-for-getting-married-in-france.html

amanda14

Mar 7, 2014
Hello,

I am a Canadian female who has just given birth to my son here in Canada and would like to apply for Common Law Sponsorship for my Australian boyfriend. (Who is currently here on a working visa that shall expire)

In the eligibility requirements for Common Law Sponsorship it states you can apply if "you have no children in common" which we do.

Since we do have a child in common that was born in Canada. What sponsorship visa would I apply for my boyfriend?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
amanda14 said:
Hello,

I am a Canadian female who has just given birth to my son here in Canada and would like to apply for Common Law Sponsorship for my Australian boyfriend. (Who is currently here on a working visa that shall expire)

In the eligibility requirements for Common Law Sponsorship it states you can apply if "you have no children in common" which we do.

Since we do have a child in common that was born in Canada. What sponsorship visa would I apply for my boyfriend?
I just replied to this in your other thread.

meenu12

Oct 15, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
9-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
17-Dec-2013
VISA ISSUED...
9-July-2014 (IP: 5 July 2013)
LANDED..........
9-Aug-2014
spicysank said:
Guys !!! Got Married

Now Need to Sponsor my wife from India

Any advises and suggestion are very Welcome...

Thanks
Today itself go to nearest CIC approved doctor and do her medicals, New Delhi is damn slow... currently processing June 2013 applicants.... you have better chance to process her visa before the expiry of medicals that is one year from the day you do medicals.