Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP January 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM April 29, 2014
LANDED..........
May 29, 2014 after 14 months 3 weeks and 3 days
Congratulations to Cirene, crested, spikey, Rita on the progress of your applications, and all of you receiving your AIP, DM and Landing/PR.

paquita

Jan 7, 2013
North Bay
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
19-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Passport Req..
28-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2016
Ponga said:
So sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

It appears that the ARC will be required before your sponsorship application will be processed:

Because of the medical and PCC report(s) limited validity, he may want to start the ARC process first, as it will likely take a fair bit of time.

Perhaps you should contact an immigration lawyer (most offer a free phone consultation). Your situation seems pretty serious and you would benefit from sound advice, more than mere opinions from those of us here.

Good luck!
THank you for you help. We do have a laywer, but communication is slim on her part.
I appreciate your help though and the link you sent out.
I find it odd that the laywer didn't tell me to do the ARC first. Mind ya maybe she will right after we send in the completed PR sponsorship.

chums09

Feb 24, 2014
KKRSTNA said:
Ponga! thank you so much for your information/advice!

"You can apply to extend your visitor status without leaving Canada. This will give you implied status, which allows you to remain in Canada pending a decision on your request. This also allows you to continue cohabitation, towards your Oct 16, 2014 milestone date. Many people have listed the reason for wanting the extension, is to gain common-law status with their partner and to then file a Spousal Sponsorship application."

- On the CIC website, it states that you have to have a reason for wanting to extend your stay and it has several things listed below...including being a spouse to a Canadian citizen... I'm a bit confused because my boyfriend and I technically aren't spouses yet... so how could I go about filling out the application? nor am I going to school or working just yet. Do you know how long implied statuses typically are? If my extension is denied and I'm well pass my due date to leave Canada, will this cause trouble if I try to re-enter again?

If we state that we're looking to become common-law and to then seek sponsorship, should we include things in our application that proves our relationship to be real? just to heighten our chances of being granted the extension?

I'm so sorry about all the questions! I just keep reading different things and being told different things. This whole process is very frustrating but I'm so thankful to you and everyone else on this forum who has helped me.

I wouldn't overstay if i were you. That will create problems in the future. I have a friend with the same situation in the past. My friend (PR) met the guy in TRV, they fell inlove, guy reapplied for TRV, denied, The guy overstayed, eventually he was caught, sent home (Phils). My friend went home to marry him, filed for spouse sponsorship, took them 2 yrs to finally receive the approval (first decision was denied, he had to appeal and fight for the approval).

Implied status is only good until a decision is made regarding your application. If you are denied you have # of days allowed to leave Canada

chums09

Feb 24, 2014
Riri said:
Hi

I graduated from a Diploma program June 2013. I am currently working 2 parttime jobs, so I am basically getting fulltime hours. I am 24years old. My boyfriend lives in Srilanka. I am planning to get married Aug 2014 and plan to sponsor him to Canada. I live with my parents. For sponsoring what does it mean to have an assest? It is like having a house? I am planning to buy a house.
Also is there a requirement that he needs to do a english course/canadian /english llanguage requirement course for 2 months in srilanka inorder for sponsorship to be accepted?

Thanks!

-There is no minimum income requirement for spouse sponsorship (which is fantastic!!! other than if you are in welfare). They just need option c print out (call canada revenue for this)
-If you have assets, you can include that to support the application.
-An upfront medical examination to be included in the application.
-If you are planning on buying a house then you must have funds for downpayment? (include a bank statement in that case)
-Proof of relationship is what will make your application strong. (pictures together with caption where, when it was taken, email correspondence, phone bills as proof of communication, text msgs etc)

Best of luck in your application!!!

12345ukr

Mar 5, 2014
Hello!

Could You tell me, what is the proper way to apply for Spousal sponsorship in proper way?

The thing is that we are gays and he is a Canadian citizen and was born in Canada. Few months ago he went to Armenia because of job and there he got to hospital. He has problems with the heart and more professional assistance, than Armenian, needed. I want to transfer him to the hospital in Ottawa, where is his home. Unfortunately, he dont have any alive relatives and I want to do my best in order to take care of him.
He doesn't need a visa, he has a Canadian passport.
I am a Ukrainian citizen and I would like to stay with him, while he will be in hospital and after that. We also want to make legalize our relations through marriage.

Talking about accomodation and funds for living, I need to say that my boyfriend own a house in Ottawa and bank deposit. I also have enough money for staying in Canada and can prove it.
I'm also planning to find there, in Ottawa, a job.

We want to build a family on the basis of respect to the Law, the Government and the State and to become conscious taxpayers and responsible citizens.
My boyfriend is also concerned about the further social and political situation that has developed here in Ukraine, and precisely in Kyiv, where I'm living now. In such circumstances, there is a threat not only for my democratic rights and freedoms but also for my life and health.

I'm asking about instructions for our actions to obtain a Canadian citizenship. Soon we are planning finally to move to Canada and get married. What could we do afterwards? I will hold a tourist visa for a month apptoximantely and...we dont want to separate..espesially after marriage

Thank you very much for your time and attention.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
12345ukr said:
I will hold a tourist visa for a month apptoximantely and...we dont want to separate..espesially after marriage
If you have a tourist visa already, then what you need to do is travel to Canada as a tourist, get married, and then apply for INLAND PR sponsorship. Applying inland will allow you to stay in Canada during the processing of PR. You would get an open work permit after stage 1 approval/AIP, which is currently showing around 8-9 months time. Then it's another 8 months or so until you get full PR status.
So you should plan to remain in Canada for approx 1.5 years and not leave for any reason, during processing.

How long have you known each other in a genuine relationship, and how much time have you spent together in person? If this is very short, then that is one red flag you may need to overcome to convince a visa officer your marriage is real.

lavender111

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MOSCOW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2013
Doc's Request.
01-11-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2013
Passport Req..
21-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
7-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
hii,
my timeline is:
received in June
sponsor approval July
requested for more documents in November
December changed my status to IN PROCESS,
does anybody can answer after how many month of being IN PROCESS i will get another response? i applied through Moscow embassy

Krinaaa

Jun 19, 2013
hello iwas expecting the letter that says that the sponsorship from my husbnd was approved but instead i received today a letter that says that my file its been transferred to mississauga and that that office is now the designated processiong centre for my application that the may contact me to seek additional information or clarification once processiong is complete, that office will notify you by mail of their decision <<< what is this interview did this happened to somebody else here ?im so stress

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Krinaaa said:
hello iwas expecting the letter that says that the sponsorship from my husbnd was approved but instead i received today a letter that says that my file its been transferred to mississauga and that that office is now the designated processiong centre for my application that the may contact me to seek additional information or clarification once processiong is complete, that office will notify you by mail of their decision <<< what is this interview did this happened to somebody else here ?im so stress
No reason to stress.
Since you say that you were expecting the letter (AIP) that means you sent your application last summer (May-Jul,2013) right?

As on Jan 17, 2014 (or close to it) ALL applications were to be mailed to Mississauga (CPC-M) as they are taking over ALL PR sponsorship applications from Vegreville (CPC-V). However they are also sending applications that they already had at CPC-V to CPC-M for processing, which is probably what happened to yours.

CPC-M is apparently more experienced in these applications so we can only hope that this means a shorter wait for us all!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
paquita said:
I find it odd that the laywer didn't tell me to do the ARC first. Mind ya maybe she will right after we send in the completed PR sponsorship.
Normally the visa office will advise you when it is time to submit the ARC. Also, you will be required to replay the cost of the removal before they will grant an ARC.

estrada

Dec 13, 2013
hi there,

i need some help on what is exactly the forms needed to bring to the physician before the medical examination? i appreciate your help. thank you!God bless everyone.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
estrada said:
hi there,

i need some help on what is exactly the forms needed to bring to the physician before the medical examination? i appreciate your help. thank you!God bless everyone.
Nothing you have to bring to the physician.

Before you go there call the Physician office about the fee you have to give the physician and any thing to bring with you.

nanovecento

Jan 14, 2014
Hi Everybody,

I am prepareing my appilication documents for family class sponsorship (My wife being a sponsor for me).
In form "Country Specific Instructions-3911-Middle East-Turkey", asking about military service informations. I havent been completed my military service and it postphoned to 2016 because of my graduate study. For this reason, is that a possible problem for to get resident permit? Are there anybody else have the same conditions like me? Do you know anyhing about policies?

Thanks in advance

HanMo

Jan 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Hi everyone,
I am looking for an estimate of processing time for spouse sponsorship (both spouses located in Canada). I know that the CIC recently updated the processing time to 16 months but I am looking for some real-world examples. Can anyone help me?

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Shaw said:
Go to web-site of CIC and read that.

Regarding financial matter only when you are in welfare other than disability, you will not be allowed to sponsor your spouse.

THANKYOU