13-06-2012
Passport Req..
13-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2012
LANDED..........
Sept ending
LeisaP said:
they will only review the new medical reports, they dont need to redo your whole app.
Also the medicals and police checks are usually they very last thing they do before finalizing, so you should be hearing something very soon after they receive the results
we were recently requested for redo medicals aswell.
:)
Thanks for the reply Leisa ! That's a relief definitely. I had my interview on June 13 2012 and that's when the VO handed back my passport and asked me to redo my meds/Police certificate and send everything back as a package together with my passport. I sent the required docs with my passport on July 7. It's been over a month and don't understand what's taking them so long ? The interview lasted for about 3 mins and the VO told me that it's a pretty straight forward case. Usually they say it takes 2 or 3 weeks max for stamping the passport. The anticipation is killing me. My husband and I have not seen eachother for a year now !!

Goodluck with your medicals and processing. I hope you get the visa really soon.

-R

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
Leon said:
Was this persons file already in Sydney and they transferred it to New Delhi or did Mississauga send it there? I know of one case of a German woman living in Canada who wanted to apply through the US because it was faster and in her case it was Mississauga that sent her file to Germany instead. It is possible that it was a mistake because as a legal resident, you do have the right to get processing in your country of residence but it is pretty hard to get files moved between visa offices once they end up somewhere. Where is your file now? If you have not yet applied or your file is still in Mississauga, you should write a letter to clarify that you have picked Sydney as your visa office because you will soon be granted Australian citizenship and then you will lose the Singaporean one. If you have some letters from Australian immigration stating you have applied for citizenship, you can send a copy of that as well. If your file is already in Sydney, I think it is unlikely that they will transfer it somewhere else but you can send a letter to them in that case that you have heard that files have been transferred and do not want that for your file because of the above reason.
Hi Leon, thanks for ur answer. This person's file was transfered to sydney from missisauga first and then sydney forwarded it onto new dehli. (this is his timeline: applied feb2011, file transfered to sydney then to new dehli in may 2011, visa issued sep 2011, landed oct 2011). His nick is jasvarun, and i got this info from page 7-8 of the Sydney thread. I am a legal resident of australia, have been living here for 4 years now, and just gotten an approval for my citizenship (im waiting to do the pledge in the citizenship ceremony then i can go apply for a passport). I remember choosing sydney offive in the form and also included the australia pr evidence in the application. The citizenship approval letter just came so i will definitely send it together with the medical when my file reaches sydney. Im currently still waiting for the AOR- i dont think they touch my file yet, and i'm also guessing the reason why they transfer his file to ND was bcos then ND's processing time was faster than sydney office (6 vs 7) - but thats just a guess. I got panicked when i read his post, but further down that thread there were others who were australian prs but their applications got assessed in sydney. So hopefully i am right. In any case i will still write to sydney, but first i need to get the AOR and sponsorship approval first, or else i cant tell them which one is my file. :(

marcopolocan said:
Hi Minie,

From my understanding and someone can correct me if I'm mistaken..... I was informed that you have a choice if you are residing in Oz to use sydney as a VO. As long as you have been legally allowed to reside in OZ. Along with with passport data page you should have included a copy of your PR visa with your application.
cheers
Thanks marcopolocan, i did include all items you mentioned. The other case was the same but still got automatically transfered, thats why it freaked me out!

EdRickTaghan

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal (South Shore)
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-05-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-06-2012; Passport received on July 9
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 2012-08-20; Passport Received: 2012-09-30
LANDED..........
2012-10-23 - Tickets bought
Good morning to all,

Just a little open question for everyone. We received our DM2 on Monday (August 20). Do you think it is safe to book the flights now for end of September (25) before having received the passport and documents back? The historical data we looked at seems to let us think that my wife would receive everything within 10 days from Beijing. Anyone as an advice? We want to keep the good price we have this week for our flights!

Thanks,

EdRick

anna13130

Aug 10, 2012
computergeek said:
It has nothing to do with whether or not you have first stage approval. It has to do with whether or not your application was filed via inland or outland. If you filed inland then you may apply for a study permit from inside Canada - regardless of whether or not you have been granted AIP.

Good luck!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You help me very much!

brymas

Aug 25, 2012
Hi everyone.

I am newbie here, and need help for our application.

I am sponsoring my wife, and we're confused on IMM008. She has 2 kids from previous relationship.
On IMM008 dependant form, of course she will include her 2 kids as part of the application even they are not accompanying her. What about her family, like her parents and other siblings? Should she include them also? because we plan that once she got approved and have a stable life here in canada, we will sponsor her kids and other member of the family. ?

please help.
thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brymas said:
I am sponsoring my wife, and we're confused on IMM008. She has 2 kids from previous relationship.
On IMM008 dependant form, of course she will include her 2 kids as part of the application even they are not accompanying her. What about her family, like her parents and other siblings? Should she include them also? because we plan that once she got approved and have a stable life here in canada, we will sponsor her kids and other member of the family. ?
Her parents and siblings are not considered her dependents so she can not include them on the IMM0008. She can only include them on the additional family information form. She can sponsor her kids later as long as they were included in the IMM0008 and had their medicals as well but it is not certain that she can sponsor her parents and siblings later.

Some provinces, say Manitoba and Saskatchewan allow sponsorship of adult siblings under their Provincial nominee program family stream as long as certain conditions are met. The adult sibling must have some type of education, training or apprenticeship and in Saskatchewan they also need a job offer. They also need to have some settlement funds.

The program to sponsor parents is currently closed but will probably reopen again at some point. Siblings who are still minor children and considered to be dependent on the parents can be sponsored in the same package but they must either be under 22 at the time the application goes in or they are full time students since before the age of 22 and still financially dependent on their parents. They also can not be married or living in common law relationships. Since the applications for parents have been taking years to get processed, it is often hard for these grown dependent children to keep their dependent status for so long. You also need to prove when sponsoring parents and their dependent children that you have enough income to support your family as well as the parents family. You can co-sign for your wife and then your income would count too but keep in mind that you are responsible for this family for 10 years after they get their PR. If they end up going on welfare or disability at some point, you and your wife would be responsible to pay the government back what they get in benefits.

brymas

Aug 25, 2012
Leon said:
Her parents and siblings are not considered her dependents so she can not include them on the IMM0008. She can only include them on the additional family information form. She can sponsor her kids later as long as they were included in the IMM0008 and had their medicals as well but it is not certain that she can sponsor her parents and siblings later.
Thanks Leon.

One more question, so even her kids ( they are 6 and 4 years old ) should do their medicals even they are not accompanying my wife?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brymas said:
Thanks Leon.

One more question, so even her kids ( they are 6 and 4 years old ) should do their medicals even they are not accompanying my wife?
Yes, they must do their medicals, otherwise they can not be sponsored in the future.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brymas said:
Is it advisable to have their passport as well?
Yes, the doctor may need to verify their identity so passports would be good. In any case, they will need passports anyway for later if their mother wants to sponsor them.

brymas

Aug 25, 2012
Leon said:
Yes, the doctor may need to verify their identity so passports would be good. In any case, they will need passports anyway for later if their mother wants to sponsor them.
And lastly, were planning to submit our application early September. Does my wife and her kids need to have their med exam and submit with the application docs?

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brymas said:
And lastly, were planning to submit our application early September. Does my wife and her kids need to have their med exam and submit with the application docs?

thanks
Yes

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
Hi Leon,

Was wondering if you can maybe help me understand where we are in the application process...

We applied under spousal sponsorship, in-canada class.

They received our application 7 October 2011.

We received our AIP 22 August 2012.

On our e-cas under the sponsorship it shows DM and under the permanent residency it now shows 'in process' and 'medicals received' .

When we phoned CIC before our e-cas was updated to find out what's going on, they told us that we received AIP and when we asked about second stage approval they said not to worry our application is being sent to our local office and we will hear from them in the next few weeks regarding landing interview.

So my question is: did we get the second stage approval too, considering the fact that they sent our file to the local office, or is that normal after AIP and they then process the rest of permanent residence application at local office?

My thougts are that they are done with everything and they will let us know of date for landing interview :)

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
dawie.south.africa said:
Hi Leon,

Was wondering if you can maybe help me understand where we are in the application process...

We applied under spousal sponsorship, in-canada class.

They received our application 7 October 2011.

We received our AIP 22 August 2012.

On our e-cas under the sponsorship it shows DM and under the permanent residency it now shows 'in process' and 'medicals received' .

When we phoned CIC before our e-cas was updated to find out what's going on, they told us that we received AIP and when we asked about second stage approval they said not to worry our application is being sent to our local office and we will hear from them in the next few weeks regarding landing interview.

So my question is: did we get the second stage approval too, considering the fact that they sent our file to the local office, or is that normal after AIP and they then process the rest of permanent residence application at local office?

My thougts are that they are done with everything and they will let us know of date for landing interview :)
my ecas shows the same ways your dose or in process and sponsorship dm
and i have had aip for 2 moths now my file was also send to the local off when i got aip you can never be sure what cic is doing i hope it not going to take that long for you

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
vincystress said:
my ecas shows the same ways your dose or in process and sponsorship dm
and i have had aip for 2 moths now my file was also send to the local off when i got aip you can never be sure what cic is doing i hope it not going to take that long for you
Thanks for your reply.
Did you go for an interview to proof that your marriage is legit? If I understand correctly we got waived from the interview since we got AIP and was not asked for an interview.