Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
ccsunset1 said:
I am from Hong Kong and now visiting my boyfriend in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am now considering to relocate here and have 3 choices to do so:-
1. Skilled worker - but accoutants not on list now
2. PNP of Nova Scotia - but not get any employment offer to apply for this
3. Spousal sponsorship

My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen and we are advised option 3 is the best choice to get me to immigrate to Canada...

However, my boyfriend does not have any income for the time being though he is willing to be the sponsor if we get married. He is not on any social assistance or bankrupt, but he cannot have prove of income to show that he could support me for the 3 years period, will this be a problem? What if I have enough assets/equity to support myself for those 3 years requirement, will this work out??

What can we do now?? Please advice.
There is no minimum necessary income he has to prove as a spousal sponsor. He needs work history and not to be on social assistance or bankrupt, as you have pointed out. Your ability to be self-supporting will count towards your financial admissibility. If you are committed, ready to get married and willing to undertake the responsibilities of sponsorship, don't let his lack of income currently hold you back.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello dear users
I 've got a dilemma on my hand . I wanna cancel my agent and I read some where in this forum that some guys mother-in-law sent letters to VO telling lies and giving proofs to disturb the sponsorship application/ make them believe that the marriage is fake ( she had her reasons doing so)

now I m sure if I cancel my immigration agent, she would get mad and she might try to hurt my case some how ,
Do VO's consider letters or any input from other people than Me( sponser) or my wife?

mfanous007

Sep 2, 2011
CharlieD10 said:
Yes, you can apply to vary your status to visitor. Definitely do so soon, you are heading into the 30-day window.
I went on the CIC website where it said I could apply to change my status online from student to visitor, but when it shows the different options and fees the only thing it shows for visitor is "Visitor Record" and a fee of $75
Copy and pasted from the site...
PERMIT FEE
Study Permit $125 CAD
Off-Campus Work Permit $150 CAD
Work Permit $150 CAD
Visitor Record $ 75 CAD
Post-Graduation Work Permit $150 CAD

girzim

Mar 4, 2012
Hello,

My boyfriend (a Canadian) and I are applying for a common-law visa and we've come upon a few questionwe have that hopefully someone can help us with.

On the generic form I have to fill in it asks me where I intend to live but we're not moving for a year. If I, for example, say we're moving to Halifax but one of us gets offered a job in Calgary, do we HAVE to move to Halifax cos it's on our form or can we move to Calgary? Or do we have to go to Halifax, stay a while and THEN go to Calgary or just fly TO Halifax and then leave or not go to Halifax at all.

Also, how long do I have to be in Canada after arriving before I can go visit my mam in Ireland, ie leave Canada for a vacation. Does anyone know?

Annnnd one more: My boyfriend has lived out of Canada for 8 years and as such can't provide the Option C tax form thingy. Any advice on what we should do about that.

Thanks ever so much and I hope you're all having a great day! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
girzim said:
If I, for example, say we're moving to Halifax but one of us gets offered a job in Calgary, do we HAVE to move to Halifax cos it's on our form or can we move to Calgary? Or do we have to go to Halifax, stay a while and THEN go to Calgary or just fly TO Halifax and then leave or not go to Halifax at all.

Also, how long do I have to be in Canada after arriving before I can go visit my mam in Ireland, ie leave Canada for a vacation. Does anyone know?

Annnnd one more: My boyfriend has lived out of Canada for 8 years and as such can't provide the Option C tax form thingy. Any advice on what we should do about that.
No, it is not binding where you say you plan to live but because he is sponsoring from outside Canada, you must show something in the way of having plans to move. That might include stating why you want to live in Halifax and if he has family there, maybe letters from them stating that they know you are moving and will help you get settled.

After you move to Canada with your PR, you can leave and visit Ireland any time. The only thing is to keep your PR, you can not be outside Canada alone for more than 1095 days (3 years) in any 5 year period. If your Canadian partner is with you, your absences don't count.

If your boyfriend can not provide form C, let him provide whatever he has for his last years income so they can see that he is working at the moment. There is no specific income requirement for spouses but if they think that neither of you is working or likely to be working in Canada and it is not clear how you will support yourselves, they can deny.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
mfanous007 said:
I went on the CIC website where it said I could apply to change my status online from student to visitor, but when it shows the different options and fees the only thing it shows for visitor is "Visitor Record" and a fee of $75
Copy and pasted from the site...
PERMIT FEE
Study Permit $125 CAD
Off-Campus Work Permit $150 CAD
Work Permit $150 CAD
Visitor Record $ 75 CAD
Post-Graduation Work Permit $150 CAD
Yes, that is the one you need.

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Address is now showing in ECAS but this time it is showing Canada's address, status still "IN PROCESS".
Can anybody please tell, what does it mean (Canada's address showing in ECAS instead of Indian address)?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
JATT_PUNJABI said:
Address is now showing in ECAS but this time it is showing Canada's address, status still "IN PROCESS".
Can anybody please tell, what does it mean (Canada's address showing in ECAS instead of Indian address)?
Means they should be finalizing the processing to issue the visa.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
JATT_PUNJABI said:
Thanks Charlie 4 d reply,

Can u please explain it in detail?
This updating of the applicant's address to the sponsor's address in Canada has been recently reported by a number of applicants who subsequently were approved and had their visas issued. It makes sense, seeing as CIC are expecting that this is where the applicant is going and where the next communication with the applicant after the visa is issued (the PR card) will happen.

Porosh-pathor

Sep 23, 2011
Hi guy's! could u plz help me in my case, I want apply for spouse visa in Canada, i have gone through the web page and found three part of the application form part-1 for sponsorship form part-2 immigration form part-3 information guide. i understand part -1 need to fill by my wife and part-2 need to fill by myself but i don't understand about part -3? another quires is who is gonna send the application? do i need to send by myself or my wife and where? as i live in london and my lives in canada.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Porosh-pathor said:
Hi guy's! could u plz help me in my case, I want apply for spouse visa in Canada, i have gone through the web page and found three part of the application form part-1 for sponsorship form part-2 immigration form part-3 information guide. i understand part -1 need to fill by my wife and part-2 need to fill by myself but i don't understand about part -3? another quires is who is gonna send the application? do i need to send by myself or my wife and where? as i live in london and my lives in canada.
Part 3 is a GUIDE, it helps you fill out the other 2 parts. And your spouse must submit both parts of the application to the Case Processing Centre Mississauga.

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
the spousal sponsorship, is in fact very helpful. but i was wondering if anyone can provide me with some information.

my husband is in mexico i already aply for his papers and he already receive confirmation along with police clearance reports being requested by the canadian officer anyhow, we collected all the police clearence and everything. but my husband didn't have the cartilla militar a card that is require in order for mexico to register them.. to make my story short my husband has to wait a year to have that card.... and quite frankly i really need to know what to do next...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he has the police clearances, you should send them to the visa office. I am not sure what you want to register.