Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
Hi all,

I want to update my address on my husband's "Additional Family Information" form, which he's already signed, and is now with me in Canada, waiting to be submitted next week when our app is complete. Can I just put a line through it, write the correct address, and initial it? Or can I use white out? How anal is the Egyptian visa office about these things?

Thanks!!
Get your husband to do a new one and scan and email it to you. Send in the copy with a note advising them of the reason for submitting a copy and that you will submit the original upon receipt of the file number from the visa office. His address should also be updated on the Generic Application for PR. Or was that one correct?

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear all,

My spouse and I are in process of completing our spousal sponsorship application.

We are a bit confused about what to do in situations where we run out of space on a particular question on a form:

The Guide 3999 says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application". This to me means we need to print an additional page of the same form when we run out of space on a question.

However, the specific forms say "If there is not enough space on the form to answer any questions in full, provide details on additional sheets of paper". This means it's ok to prepare a word document completing the question vs. printing an additional page on the form.

Sorry, I know this question may sound silly, but just trying to be extra cautious: How do you guys interpret the above and what did you do in your case?

Take care and thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
immigratingcanada2011 said:
Dear all,

My spouse and I are in process of completing our spousal sponsorship application.

We are a bit confused about what to do in situations where we run out of space on a particular question on a form:

The Guide 3999 says "If you need more space for any section, print out an additional page containing the appropriate section, complete it and submit it along with your application". This to me means we need to print an additional page of the same form when we run out of space on a question.

However, the specific forms say "If there is not enough space on the form to answer any questions in full, provide details on additional sheets of paper". This means it's ok to prepare a word document completing the question vs. printing an additional page on the form.

Sorry, I know this question may sound silly, but just trying to be extra cautious: How do you guys interpret the above and what did you do in your case?

Take care and thanks
Yes, you can use a word document and print the additional information needed on a separate piece of paper. Make sure each question that you're continuing on a separate page has it's OWN page. Don't put more than one question on a page. Make sure for these additional pages that you include the form number and question number you are filling out, as well as the applicant's name and birthdate so that nothing can get confused.

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
rjessome said:
Get your husband to do a new one and scan and email it to you. Send in the copy with a note advising them of the reason for submitting a copy and that you will submit the original upon receipt of the file number from the visa office. His address should also be updated on the Generic Application for PR. Or was that one correct?
Actually, I just called the CIC hotline to confirm (1-888-242‑2100), and the agent I spoke to told me that whiteout or crossing-out and initialling are both fine, as long as the rest of the form is still legible. Who instructed you to do the scanning?

Thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shamsuannahr said:
Actually, I just called the CIC hotline to confirm (1-888-242‑2100), and the agent I spoke to told me that whiteout or crossing-out and initialling are both fine, as long as the rest of the form is still legible. Who instructed you to do the scanning?

Thanks!
Well I work in this field and can guarantee you that I'm better trained than the clerks who answer the CIC phones. How is your husband going to intial something that's whited out and changed? Since it's his form it should be HIS initials. I guess the CIC agent didn't think of that. ::)However, that being said, it's not that big of a deal as long as the new address matches up with his address everywhere else on the forms.

mariawalker

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Do you think it will make any delay to our application?

I have undeclared daughter who lives with her grandmother to her father side, she is 20 yrs old now, she doesn't want to come to canada. Since she is not minor I let her decide for herself. I wrote a letter to the Canadian Embassy about her disinterest of coming with us. My eldest that is included to my application is 26 yrs old with disability. We submitted our PP last Dec. 7, 2011 Our Ecas status is still in process and address disappear 2 weeks ago.

Anyone can give your opinion, Thanks!

EliandMaria

Feb 4, 2012
Kitchener Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12/17/2012
computergeek said:
The doctor ("DMP") will send the report to Ottawa. Medical officers in Ottawa will review the file and write up their own report and enter it into the computer system. The IMM1017 form that you get from the doctor has a unique serial number on it that will be used to find your medical examination results. That is why you send that receipt to the visa office - so in the visa office they can match up your application with the DMP's report.

Note that the DMP does not make a medical decision - they merely write up their findings and send along the test results (usually 1-2 weeks after your original examination.)
I spoke to a doctor that supposed to do the medical check, he said that they don't send the medical exam to Ottawa any more, they send it to Paris.. :/ he is one of the doctors I have in the list that the Canadian immigration website gives me. Any clue about it?

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Is it ok to do my medical exam before submitting the application? Or should we wait for the visa office to contact us once medical is needed? I figured it will be faster if I go ahead and do my meds and include it in the application ---- i think it's even part of the requirements anyway...please help

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys, I have a few questions:

1. Can I do my medical exam prior to submitting the application? I think it's also part of the requirements so I want to confirm so that I don't have to wait until the embassy contacts me for medical.

2. When you were organizing photos as proof of relationship, is it ok if we just print them by group on a bond paper instead of individually printing them?

Thanks!!!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
EliandMaria said:
I spoke to a doctor that supposed to do the medical check, he said that they don't send the medical exam to Ottawa any more, they send it to Paris.. :/ he is one of the doctors I have in the list that the Canadian immigration website gives me. Any clue about it?
Paris would be the regional office for your part of the world, so the doctor is correct.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
Hi guys, I have a few questions:

1. Can I do my medical exam prior to submitting the application? I think it's also part of the requirements so I want to confirm so that I don't have to wait until the embassy contacts me for medical.

2. When you were organizing photos as proof of relationship, is it ok if we just print them by group on a bond paper instead of individually printing them?

Thanks!!!
1. Spousal applications MUST be accompanied by a completed medical exam. You do not wait to be told to do it.

2. That approach works just fine.

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
another question, in the application form for the spouse, there is an application for additional dependents. Can I include my mom there? I know they are not processing parent sponsorship visa right now, but I just want to ask.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
another question, in the application form for the spouse, there is an application for additional dependents. Can I include my mom there? I know they are not processing parent sponsorship visa right now, but I just want to ask.
No, parents do not qualify as dependents under a spousal sponsorship.

tim maguire

Jan 5, 2012
NYC, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
11-08-2012
Check to make sure, but as I recall (my daughter had a citizenship application pending when I submitted my materials so I puzzled for a while about what to do), the medical exam is necessary to maintain your ability to sponsor her in the future. If you are certain you will never want to sponsor her, then she doesn't have to get the medical exam.

mariawalker said:
Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Do you think it will make any delay to our application?

I have undeclared daughter who lives with her grandmother to her father side, she is 20 yrs old now, she doesn't want to come to canada. Since she is not minor I let her decide for herself. I wrote a letter to the Canadian Embassy about her disinterest of coming with us. My eldest that is included to my application is 26 yrs old with disability. We submitted our PP last Dec. 7, 2011 Our Ecas status is still in process and address disappear 2 weeks ago.

Anyone can give your opinion, Thanks!